Pistol: Walther PPQ
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: Freedom Arms 115, Magtech 115, PMC 115, Remington UMC 115
    Dates of testing: 4/2/15 - 7/11/15
    Total rounds fired: 1,400
    Stoppages: 1
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

Began the test with the gun right out of the box. I had a failure to feed at @1,270 rounds, earlier today. I couldn't identify the cause of the FTF. I intend to clean and lube the gun and start the test again.

Pistol: Sig P320c
    Ammunition: Remington UMC 115, Blazer Brass 115, Winchester Ranger 124 9mm Nato
    Dates of testing: 8/6/15 -
    Total rounds fired: 200
    Stoppages: 0

Gun built on 23 April 2015. Purchased new, cleaned, and lubed with the grease Sig is including with each new purchase, Mil-Comm TW25B. Pistol shoots POA=POI from 5-25 yards with all loads tested. Pistol is extremely accurate. Coming from an M&P the trigger is amazing for a striker fired pistol.

Site Supporter
    Pistol: Glock 19, Gen 4, manufactured in early 2014
    Ammunition: 124 gr Aguila, 124 gr Geco (Hungarian), 124 gr Winchester NATO, 124 gr Prvi Partizan, 124 gr Armscor, 124 gr Freedom Munitions HP, 124 gr Speer Gold Dot, 115 gr American Eagle, 115 gr Blazer Brass, 115 gr Blazer Aluminum, 115 gr Wolf
    Dates of testing: 4/22/2014 - 8/30/2015 (29 separate range trips)
    Total rounds fired: 2142
    Stoppages: 19
    Modifications to the pistol: I replaced factory sights with 10-8 performance sights after shooting ~700 rounds.

The gun was new when I purchased it in April, 2014. I did not clean or lubricate the gun before beginning the 2K round challenge or at any time during the challenge. The first stoppage occurred on round 1182 when a friend was firing 115 gr American Eagle through the pistol. The pistol ejected the spent brass but did not return to battery. Soon after that I began shooting 124 gr Hungarian Geco, and experienced numerous problems, most of which were consistent with under powered ammo. Most stoppages were failures to return to battery. Others included a couple of stove pipes, failures to extract, one failure to lock back after the last round in a mag, and one instance where the force of the recoil was insufficient cause contact between the spent brass and the ejector. In the last case, the empty brass slid right back into the chamber and resulted in a dry fire with the next trigger pull. I experienced one light strike with Wolf 115 gr ammo. The round fired with a second strike. Distribution of stoppages as a function of ammo is as follows: Geco, 13 stoppages; Wolf 5, stoppages; American Eagle, 1 stoppage. Four of the stoppages with Wolf ammo occurred during the last 10 rounds fired during the test. Prior to that the gun had fired over 100 rounds of Wolf with only the light strike stoppage. Of note, the problems I experienced shooting the 124 gr Geco ammo were significantly exacerbated by use of a Magpul GL9 magazine, which I have detailed in a previous thread. Approximately 600 of the 2142 rounds fired through the pistol were 124 gr Geco or 115 gr Wolf. Approximately 750 rounds were Aguila 124 gr.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Pistol: Beretta 92G
    Ammunition: Magtech, Blazer brass, Aguila, PMC, local remans, Fiocchi (all 115gr), Magtech 124, Win 124 NATO
    Dates of testing: 4/15 - 6/24
    Total rounds fired: 2,020
    Stoppages: 16?

Bought new, lubed with Breakfree CLP. Installed Beretta factory oversize mag release, steel trigger+D spring and VZ golfball grips.

Pistol went ~1,400 rounds without issue, until I had 2 failures to fire from the same box of Magtech. Next range trip out of 260 rounds I had multiple failures to lock back on empty (I think 5?), as well as a failure to eject (stovepipe) with the local remanufactured stuff, which definitely felt softer shooting than anything else. I tried Fiocchi and had 9 stovepipes out of 10 rounds. Always been told Fiocchi is loaded a bit hot but this stuff was pretty weak. Next trip I let my girlfriend shoot 15 rounds, she experienced two stovepipes. Today it limped its way to 2,020 rounds and had two more failures to fire with Magtech. I immediately threw some CLP on the frame rails and shot the remaining 40 rounds of Fiocchi without issue.

So the FTEs were caused by too much filth + no lube + weak ammo/limp wristing. Not terribly worried about that but what concerns me are the failures to fire (all of which had shallow dimples on the primer indicating light strike, and all fired on the second try). I don't think I've ever had an FTF with Magtech ammo, and I've never heard of people having reliability issues with the factory D-spring. If anybody has any input there I'd be happy to hear it.
    I am surprised by your Fiocchi experience. Maybe that stuff has hard primers? All my Berettas have had D springs with no issues and most of the ammo I use are my own reloads. I usually buy whatever primers are on sale, 10,000 Tula, 5000 S&B. Tula primers have a reputation for hardness.
    Beretta 92's like to be run wet in my experience.

I'm about 98% certain that the failures to fire were due to attempting to fire the pistol with the slide not fully in battery (in turn caused by the sticky gumminess. As an aside I know in my post I said I lubed it with BreakFree but I think it might have been Fireclean instead. Too late to edit the post though, of course).
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Pistol: Beretta/Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical
    Ammunition: Xtreme 9mm 147 gr .356, 3.7 grn HP-38, S&B or Magtech primers, 1.150" OAL
    Dates of testing: 9/25/15-9/28/15
    Total rounds fired: 2000+
    Modifications to the pistol: All mods were done before the test started.

*Removed magazine guide as that is not SSP/Production legal.
    *Changed front tritium sight for a green fiber optic one.
    *Shok-Buff Recoil Buffer installed.
    *Wolf +10% power magazine springs.
    *Action Tune.
    *Wilson Combat Trigger Bar with 12 or 13 lb main spring (I forgot).

I've been using this gun since I got it a few months back in competition and took it to a Insights Intensive Handgun Skills class where we blasted through more than 2k rounds in 30 hours. Nothing happened. It just ran. I cleaned and lubed it up before the class and it's still going. Since the gun has about 5k rounds through it now, I'll be replacing all the springs in it before I fly out to CA for a major match this weekend.

(discussion thread here)

Pistol: Sig P320 Full Size
    Ammunition: 125 gr SNS coated, 4.0 gr VV N320, CCI-500 primers, range brass
    Dates of testing: 9/10/15 - 10/10/15
    Total rounds fired: 2,080
    Modifications to the pistol (all done before testing):
    • Competition Action Job by Bruce Gray: 3.25 lb trigger pull
    • Dawson P series FO front sight: 0.220” tall, 0.115” wide
    • Grayguns/SPD Tool rear sight: 0.275" tall, 0.125” wide, 0.115” notch depth
    • Grayguns Fat Guide Rod, 14# ISMI 1911 recoil spring
    • Small gripframe
    • Springer Precision grip tape (tall)
    • Springer Precision magazine basepads, 0.25"

Lube: Froglube paste
    Belt rig:
    • Double Alpha competition belt
    • Comp-Tac International holster
    • Springer Precision offset hanger
    • Ghost 360 Mag pouches (bullets forward)

Comments:
    This is my new competition setup for USPSA Production, and occasionally IDPA SSP, and Multigun.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-11-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P Pro 5”
    Ammunition: 124 gr plated round nose handloads
    Dates of testing: 7/15/2015 – 10/28/2015 (17 range visits)
    Total rounds fired: 2106

Took the gun out of the box, lubed it with TW25B and started shooting

•Pistol: Glock 17 Ext slide release, Warren FO sights, 3.5 ghost connector, covered in grip tape
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: CCI Blazer (aluminum) 115gr;Winchester 147gr Rangers, Federal 124gr Nato shit, Wolf 115gr, Brown Bear 115gr
    Dates of testing: Jan, 01 2011- Feb ,05 2011
    Total rounds fired: 2,300
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-s6-case-cover-15.html
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-s6-edge-case-cover-10.html
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-note-5-case-cover-71.html
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-j5-case-cover-33.html

Interested in knowing you got the coin? Obviously for getting the F.A.S.T. under 7, but how would one go about getting one?

User Tag List