Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post
    Just ticked over 2k tonight. All with 200g Moly LSWC (Precision Bullets) w/ 5g Bullseye.

Colt makes a wicked 1911....

Detailed report to follow shortly!
    NICE!

man... is it the Bullseye making all that gritty looking crud? Your other test gun looked wet and cruddy like that too. Mine was dry and powdery almost.

ETA: glad you like the "laying on a pile o brass" pic

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post

Detailed report to follow shortly!
    *taps foot impatiently*

Quote Originally Posted by kmartphoto View Post
    I was lubed with Froglube before the test but yeah it was basically dry at the end.
    Sorry, just one more question: did you use the Froglube paste, or the liquid?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Pistol: M&P9FS
    Ammo: 124 gr. Aguila, 124 gr. DP RN reloads
    Round Count: 3050; 1500 fact. Aguila, 1550 reloads.
    Stoppages: 2
    Malfunctions: 5
    Dates: July - Oct 5 2012
    Lube: Froglube

Full apex trigger kit, CTC laser grip, Trijicon HD sights, Costa mag release, apex extractor. No other mods.

1k Aguila fired at F2S class Oct 5.

3 of 5 malfuctions where spent casing stuck in chamber on my reloads. Slide was stuck out of battery, hard tap/rack did not fix. Slammed slide back with weak hand then field strip to remove casing. Referred to apex site and realized the extractor was culprit. Apex extractor required a 200-300 rd wear in, also coinsides with stoppages below using out of spec reloads. No further issues.

2 of 5 malfunctions were slide did not return to full forward/chambering next round. Switched to fact. Aguila for remainder of day no issues. Inspected remaining reloads afterwards and found out of spec crimp (press was readjusted no more issues)

2 stoppages were FTF fact. Aguila second strike went bang.

I will test again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Sorry, just one more question: did you use the Froglube paste, or the liquid?
    Mostly the paste. I use the paste on the rails etc and the liquid on barrel link & barrel. I tend toward the old army doctrine of "if it rubs grease it if it spins oil it". Realistically though I think the paste dissolves to be allot like the liquid, I just find it easier to apply whee I want without getting too much.

Pistol: Custom 2011
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: 115 grain Blazer (aluminum), 115 grain Winchester White Box.
    Dates of testing: 7/12-7/14
    Total rounds fired: 2,050
    Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0
    Lube: Slide-Glide Lite and Kellube M12

Comments:
    I am the 4th owner of this and I think that between the previous 3 owners there was less than 2000rds through it. The gun was built in 2007.
    My 3rd outing with the gun was for the Costa Ludus HE01 class. I used 1750rds of Blazer and 300rds of WWB. Lube used was Slide-Glide lite and Kellube.
    My friend Allen (TSiWRX on the gun forums) was there and was impressed that it ran flawlessly, while other guns (polymers included) had issues. His XDm had issues as well. I used 10 different mags in the class. 8 were 140mm and 2 were 126mm mags. All mags were tuned by myself.

at the end of day 3 and receiving my coin.

these were from when I cleaned the gun on 7/15

Pistol: S&W M&P FS
    Caliber: 40 S&W
    Ammunition: Mixture of Speer GDHP and Lawman, Federal, Winchester White Box, and Precision Ammunition Range Reloads
    Dates of testing: 9/25 - 11/19
    Total rounds fired: 2,000
    Lube: Ballistol to clean it an Slip Stream oil and grease.

I bought this brand new and other than the hit and miss auto forward with the first 300 rounds or so and the occasional brass in the forehead, this pistol has been trouble free. The auto forward is 100% reliable now and I have an Apex extractor that will take care of the erratic ejection issue.

Mike

Show off!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    • Pistol: SIG P226R "Navy"

Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: American Eagle 124gr TMJ Lead-Free; American Eagle 147gr TMJ Lead-Free; Independence Ammo 124gr FMJ
    Dates of testing: 3-Jan-07 to 26-Jan-07
    Total rounds fired: 2,183

Stoppages: zero
    Malfunctions: zero
    Breakages: zero

Notes:
    Pistol had 22,140 rounds through it before the test began. This pistol had previously suffered one squib round and numerous problems related to Remington UMC "Leadless" ammunition failing to fire and severely fouling the gun. Pistol was detailed stripped, had all springs replaced, and properly lubricated before the test.

After the 2,183 rounds reported above, the gun fired another 1,182 rounds (total: 3,365) before I decided to lubricate it because the slide felt a little sluggish when I loaded a magazine and chambered the first round.

• Pistol: SIG P229R SRT

Ammunition: American Eagle 124gr TMJ Lead-Free; Speer 124gr +p Gold Dot; American Eagle 115gr FMJ
    Dates of testing: 29-Mar-07 to 06-Apr-07
    Total rounds fired: 2,409

Notes:
    Pistol was NIB when test began.

• Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm (full size, no mag safety or lockout)

Ammunition: American Eagle 124gr TMJ Lead-Free; American Eagle 124gr FMJ; Speed Gold Dot 124gr +p; Speer Gold Dot 115 +p+
    Dates of testing: 21-Sep-07 & 22-Sep-07
    Total rounds fired: 2,000

Notes: pistol had fired 550 rounds prior to test; one feed malfunction was recorded during this initial period. Pistol was field stripped and cleaned per owner's manual instructions and lubricated with Mili-Tec prior to 2,000 round test. No stoppages of any kind were experienced during the 2,000 rounds. Testing conducted during four shooting sessions over two days.

• Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm (full size, mag safety, no lockout)

Ammunition: CCI Blazer (aluminum) 115gr; Federal 124gr +p HST
    Dates of testing: 25-April-08 through 2-May-08
    Total rounds fired: 2,299

Notes: pistol had 519 rounds through it at time test began. There had been no(*) stoppages of any kind prior to the test beginning. Pistol was only lightly oiled per M&P manual before testing.

(*) Upon receiving the pistol, I immediately brought it to an armorer for a trigger change. Armorer forgot to re-install the ejector when putting the gun back together. In the first 50 rounds loaded in the gun, 20 resulted in failures to eject. I am not counting that first 50 rounds in the gun's "life cycle" for this reason. To the M&P's credit, it ejected 2/3 of the time without an ejector installed!

• Pistol: Heckler & Koch P30 V4

Ammunition: American Eagle 115gr; Atlanta Arms & Ammo 115gr TCJ; CCI Blazer 115gr; Federal 124gr +p HST (1)
    Dates of testing: 2-Jul-09 through 8-Jul-09
    Total rounds fired: 2,001

Notes: This pistol had just shy of 10,000 rounds through it before the test began. Intermittent extraction problems had cropped up repeatedly and precluded the ability to run the gun for 2,000 rounds without maintenance. A trip back to HK-USA appears to have solved the trouble. Upon receiving the gun back from their gunsmith, the pistol was moderately cleaned, lubricated with Militec, and then proceeded to fire 2,001 rounds without any trouble over the course of three range sessions: 1,000 rounds, 300 rounds, and finally 701 rounds.

Pistol: S&W M&P 9 Pro Series 5"
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: 1,100 rounds of Surplus Ammo and Arms Reloads 115gr, 100 rounds of Freedom Munitions Reloads 147gr, 500 rounds Magtech 115gr, 806 rounds Freedom Munitions 115gr reloads.
    Dates of testing: 03/17/2013 to 03/23/2013
    Total rounds fired: 2,506 rounds
    Stoppages: 2 (Failures to fire with Freedom Munitions 115gr reloads)
    Lube: Militec Grease
    Modifications: Apex D/C AEK, Apex RAM, Apex Competition Striker Spring, Warren Tactical Fiber Optic Sights, polishing striker tab, and grip enhancements.

Comments: I honestly didn't set out to do this, simply laziness prevented me from relubricating my pistol until the night before I shot for score. Pistol had fired 9,572 rounds before this with little issues. And fired another 259 rounds with zero issues the next day after a quick wiping off the old grease and applying new grease. I didn't have a chance to shoot the rounds that caused the issue through a different pistol.

I don't have a S&W spring replacement schedule, so I replaced the stock recoil spring, Apex trigger spring, Apex Sear Spring, and competition striker spring at 7,500 rounds.

Site Supporter

XSE

Pistol: Custom Colt 1911 XSE Lightweight
    Caliber: 45 ACP
    Ammo:1200(230 BB w/ 4.7 WST) 1300(200 SWC BB 4.7 WST)
    Dates of testing: 02/17/2012 to 03/25/2013
    Total rounds fired: 2500 rds
    Lube: Slip 2000 + TW-25B
    Modifications: Nowlin oversided barrel, EGW steel feed ramp installed, EGW thick oversized bushing and plug, 4# harrison long trigger w/ harrison ignition, front and back straps stippled, 10-8 rear, tritium front sight, EGW FPS, Brown Hardcore Extractor, Brown Beavertail, Wilson 47T and Tripp Research 8rd mags. 16# recoil spring,

Comments: I received this build back from the GS last february and immediately started the 2K challenge. All components were brand new except the frame. Ran two high round count classes with it.

User Tag List