Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kmartphoto View Post
    Except for one mag induced malfunction the gun has been a flawless tack driver.
    That's a beaut! I don't think to many other 1911's will run like that with no lube. Can you tell us more about the gun? How tight or rattly is it? What's the finish?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    That's a beaut! I don't think to many other 1911's will run like that with no lube.
    I was lubed with Froglube before the test but yeah it was basically dry at the end.

Can you tell us more about the gun?
    Caspian frame & Slide, can't remember where the magwell came from but its been cut on anyway, most of the internals are Wilson BP, Kart Barrel.

There is a gallery with build pictures on the Combat Precision Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3377089&type=3

accuracy is between laser beam and phazer

How tight or rattly is it?
    Every peice is hand fitted and Chris is a stickler for thousands. It is not "tight" as in hard to actuate but there is not a millimeter of slop. The action feels smooth and solid like nothing I have shot other than another of Chris's guns. Note the wear marks on the frame & slide in the picture above the wear is minimal and consistant across all the bearing surfaces not more in some areas and less in others like you see when a gun is breaking in.

The gun didn't need a break in because it was already fitting perfectly.The original buyer probably didn't shoot 100 through it before I bought it from him, I put ~350 through before I had the trigger tweaked and the sight changed. Before this test run it looked like a brand new gun.

What's the finish?
    Duracoat over Parkerizing. It has a sort of matte finish halfway between straight park and an M&P.

.....can't remember where the magwell came from but its been cut on anyway......
    I'm pretty sure it's an S&A magwell buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's an S&A magwell buddy.
    me too... but either way.. it takes mags up its hole and spits em out.

I was lubed with Froglube before the test but yeah it was basically dry at the end.
    Nice, thanks for the details! I just shoot Glox so lube is redundant but I recently switched to FL from militec and I do notice that it sticks around longer.

The fact that this kind of build is available with "only" a year's wait brings me a lot closer to considering a nice 1911...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Site Supporter
    I have a Combat Commander built by the same guy and I agree his work is very good. He also takes care of his customers.

I knew I'd regret selling that gun! Nice to see you running it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    I knew I'd regret selling that gun! Nice to see you running it hard.

hey brother! yep no way your getting it back now.

mariodsantana... actually the finish is KG 2400 Flat over Park, not Duracoat.

Just ticked over 2k tonight. All with 200g Moly LSWC (Precision Bullets) w/ 5g Bullseye.

Colt makes a wicked 1911....

Detailed report to follow shortly!

User Tag List