Pistol: FN America High Power
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: very assorted
    Dates of testing: 6/21/22-7/12/22
    Total rounds fired: 2,000
    Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

Comments: The optional factory G10 grip panels are thicker than the base checkered plastic ones and require thread locker to be applied to the screws, else they will try and unscrew during shooting as they are extremely grippy.

Name:  _TRK6695.jpg
Views: 1802
Size:  89.1 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Pistol: FN America High Power
    Ammunition: very assorted
    Dates of testing: 6/21/22-7/12/22
    Total rounds fired: 2,000

Comments: The optional factory G10 grip panels are thicker than the base checkered plastic ones and require thread locker to be applied to the screws, else they will try and unscrew during shooting as they are extremely grippy.

Name:  _TRK6695.jpg
Views: 1802
Size:  89.1 KB
    I have to ask- did you end up keeping it? I got the feeling that you really liked it.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I have to ask- did you end up keeping it?
    That's the plan.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

HK P2000 LEM

Pistol: HK P2000 LEM 4.1 with GG SRT
    Ammunition: Winchester M882 and M1152, hot stuff
    Dates of testing: 1/11/23-4/27/23
    Total rounds fired: 2,030

Comments: BORINGLY RELIABLE. The spicy thing about it was primarily trying to shoot a decent B8 at 25 yards with the Dawson Charger sights. Taught a few classes and went a day at Presscheck No Fail Pistol. I stopped testing after No Fail Pistol to install Gray Guns flat trigger shoe. The inside of the gun was bone dry but did not feel sluggish at all.

First 2210 rounds fired.

Pistol: Taurus TX-22c

Caliber: 22 long rifle.

Ammo: inexpensive 22 bulk, Aguila Super, Federal Auto Match, Federal Blue Box, Remington Golden Bullets, Browning bulk 40 gr. 100- CCI Minnie Mag, 50-CCI Standard.

When: 4-18-23 to 5-4-23, 6 range sessions.

Rounds fired-2210

Stoppages-5
    Malfunctions-0
    Brackage-0

Comments: Bought the gun new, cleaned and oiled it and started the challenge the next day. Gun came with a Riton optic installed. All five stoppages was do to faulty ammo, not the gun. Four of the stoppages were do to dead primers failing to fire, the other stoppage was do to an underpowered round failing to extract. Most of the test was done with five stock 13 round mags, but during the first range session I used a couple of the full size 16 round mags. They ran without issues in the compact.

Great running low cost 22 handguns, they just run.

Glock G42

Pistol: Glock G42
    Caliber: 380 ACP
    Ammunition: assorted - primarily PMC 90 gr FMJ, but a couple of boxes of other 90-ish gr FMJ (S&B, etc.); Underwood 68 gr Extreme Defender (and +P); Underwood 90 gr JHP and JHP +P
    Dates of testing: 4/18/23-5/25/23, about a dozen range sessions
    Total rounds fired: 2,088
    Stoppages: 20 (14 failure to lock back & half-dozen failure to feed)

Comments: Didn't quite make the challenge, but data hopefully instructive nonetheless. No cleaning, no lubrication. Picked it up from my FFL and went straight to the range. I took it out of the box and put 100 rounds through it. Sessions of 100-300 ish rounds over the next month or so (including one session with new shooter -- several of the FtLB and FtF were in this session). No malfunctions or breakages. Mostly failure to lock back on empty mag. Most of the FtFs were WHO or SHO -- which I did alot of because the G42 encourages single hand fire. First FtF intentionally induced in the first mag, just to see if I could make it happen (I could, and did). I put Pearce grip extension on one of the mags that came with it, left the other stock, and got a Glock factory mag w finger extension. All three mags used interchangeably. Didn't really notice a pattern with stoppages particular to any one mag.

This is my first Glock and first 380 (also have CZ P-07, LCR9 and LCRx 327), so a good amount of the stoppages probably can be chalked up to Glock learning curve. Not that it matters, but I really like this pistol. I guess I'll clean it now.

Pistol:Langdon Tactical Beretta 92C RDO NP3
    Ammunition: 150 124gr Federal HST, 600 Federal 115gr target, 300 win white box, 950 and some change reloads (125gr Blue Bullets, 4.1gr HP38 mixed brass)
    Dates of testing: 12/22-7/23
    Total rounds fired: 2,050ish
    Stoppages: *had a weak mag spring in an old pre ban 15rd mag so a couple failure to lock the slide back new spring no more issues.

Comments:
    Ordered new from LTT at the end of November. Received right before New Years. Disassembled cleaned and lubed with MilTec. Started competing with it in steel challenge and IDPA in February and switched to an SRO from an RMR then. Been running a 11lb hammer spring and zero light strikes running Winchester primers in my loads. Have been running Mecgar NP3 coated mags as well as Mecgar 18 and 20 rounders, 17rd Beretta mags and some old 15rd Beretta mags. 16 different mags in total over the test. Split time carrying this gun with a P365 until it got really hot outside. Slide to frame fit was concerning but reached out to LTT and they gave it a clean bill of health. Very happy with the gun. Shot a PB fast drill with it of a 6.35. A few dirty pics.

Name:  B1BFB48E-D0C7-4836-BA12-B7472B6E05A9.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  53.9 KB
    Name:  5A96CC91-5BC7-4384-8B16-3460665BAAE4.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  49.5 KB
    Name:  FCA71F77-6E9D-4A16-B90E-112B6B4D94C3.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  82.8 KB
    Last edited by Palmetto9; 07-01-2023 at 02:01 PM.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Looking at the last picture, the part between the slide stop and hammer, does that look like a MIM part? Or cast? It appears to have a horizontal line mid-way the part. My curiosity wondering, your thoughts? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Looking at the last picture, the part between the slide stop and hammer, does that look like a MIM part? Or cast? It appears to have a horizontal line mid-way the part. My curiosity wondering, your thoughts? Thanks!
    The sear. I believe it’s cast. I didn’t pay it that much attention.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Thanks!

User Tag List