Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Pistol: Glock 19 Gen 4; gray frame w/ std. slide finsih.
    Caliber: 9x19 as it says
    Ammunition: Wolf 115gr, Silver Bear 115gr, Blazer Brass 115gr, PMC Bronze 115gr, Winchester RA9T 147gr, S&B/Ruag 124 9mm FMJ, Federal 147gr HST
    Dates of testing: 2/10/2017-8/21/2017
    Total rounds fired: 2979 (First ~979 in my hands involved parts tweakage - pistol was shot with current ignition parts from round 954 to 2979.
    Modifications: Apex FRE, White Sound HRED, Ameriglo BOLD tritium night sights, Gen 3 smooth face trigger bar, FBI length mag release. Judicious polishing of ignition parts with Q tip and polishing compound.
    Stoppages: 3 total; 0 in the 2k interval. All 3 stoppages were FTEs w/ Wolf 115gr
    Malfunctions:0
    Breakages: 0

Notes and Observations:

I want to love this gun but the BTF is driving me nuts. The trigger is smooth as silk and probably the best glock trigger I own; but the BTF is infuriating. It seems to happen mostly with weaker 115gr brass cased ball like Blazer or PMC. As I said in my range log, I am starting to wonder if it isn't the extremely dusty climate of my range combined with the tight tolerance of the Apex part. I may swap the apex FRE out for an OEM extractor as frankly I didnt give it much of a chance in that configuration.

That said either way this gun went 2k rounds in this configuration with no malfunctions, even if it does like to pitch brass at my skull. No BTF with my 147gr carry loads either. I gave it a solid cleaning and will be comfortable carrying it after I run another box or two of HSTs through it. Fed 50 147gr HSTs and 168 147gr Winchester RA9T Ranger Ts through it w/ no issues. I may tinker with it some but I would trust my life to it in its current condition.
    To update: i shot this gun this weekend with 124gr RUAG. Had 1FTF with a magpul Gl19 mag. Disappointing. The gun otherwise ran like a top with OEM mags, so I wonder if it was the dirty Magpul mag.

Minimal BTF. Maybe 1? out of ~100rds.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    To update: i shot this gun this weekend with 124gr RUAG. Had 1FTF with a magpul Gl19 mag. Disappointing. The gun otherwise ran like a top with OEM mags, so I wonder if it was the dirty Magpul mag.

Minimal BTF. Maybe 1? out of ~100rds.
    As much as I like Magpul's AR-platform stuff, I've heard far more issue reports with their Glock magazines than I have with OEM.

Anecdotal, but my two cents anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    As much as I like Magpul's AR-platform stuff, I've heard far more issue reports with their Glock magazines than I have with OEM.

Anecdotal, but my two cents anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same. In running through my logbook, I have at least 2 other failures with this gun or my other Gen 4 G19, vs only 1 with an OEM mag.

Pistol: Beretta PX4CC
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: 1950 rounds of Freedom Munition 115gr reman and 57 round of Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P
    Dates of testing: 7/18 - 9/8
    Total rounds fired: 2007
    Stoppages: 1
    Malfunctions: 0

Comments:
    Other than the factory up grades to this pistol I stippled the grip instead of running the provided Talon Grips, installed a spurless hammer, and a #12 Wilson Combat hammer spring

The one stoppage was a failure to lock open on the last round. This was caused by me riding the slide stop lever.

Mike

Pistol: CZ Shadow 2
    Ammunition: 125gr SNS coated round nose, 3.7gr Nobel Sport Prima V, CCI 500 primers, 1.115" COL
    Dates of testing: 8/12/17 - 9/6/17
    Total rounds fired: 2150
    Malfunctions: 4 (light strikes, failure to fire)

Modifications:
    11# Main Spring:
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/hs...hammer-spring/

Floating Trigger Pin
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/tr...g-trigger-pin/

11# Recoil Spring:
    https://czcustom.com/cz-75-85-sp01-s...11-lb-x-1.html

Rami FP Spring:
    https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fi...in-spring.html

Extended Firing Pin
    https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fi...iring-pin.html
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-08-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Followup to my last post:

It appears that at least one of the 4 FTFires was due to a slightly high primer. I've adjusted primer seating in my 1050, and have had no issues for the last 600 rounds.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Pistol: Matrix Precision 80% P229
    Ammunition: Military M882, Speer 124gr+P Gold Dot, Monarch, Federal Aluminum, Winchester USA ball, Blazer Brass, Remington UMC ball, Perfecta ball, CCI Lawman, Tulammo, and some handloads
    Dates of testing: 7/3/17 – 9/8/17
    Total rounds fired: 2,000
    Stoppages: 2

Comments: One fail to feed at 1184 and fail to eject at 1606. Here is a link for more info on the Matrix Precision 80% P229 build and 2000 round challenge.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-80-P229-build

Last edited by 5pins; 09-10-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Pistol: CZ P-10 C
    Caliber:
    9mm
    Ammunition:
    147 grain FP Barrys Bullets, Mixed Brass, Federal & S&B Primers
    Dates of testing: 9-11-17/9-15-17
    Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 3

Comments:
    Brand new gun. 3 Malfs were the trigger not resetting. Happened on rounds 102, 402, & 1,575. I dropped the Mag, worked the slide, and we were GTG.
    Probably something I did wrong, just had back surgery and was taking happy pills.
    All Ammo was my reloads and they did fine.
    No BTF!! I like the Autoforwarding feature.
    I plan to strip the gun, clean it, then add an aftermarket trigger. I fired 700 rounds one day and my finger was not happy!
    Will be waiting patiently for some Ameriglo sights.
    This is a nice companion to my 3 Gen2 G-19's.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Pistol: CZ P-10 C
    Caliber:
    9mm
    Ammunition:
    147 grain FP Barrys Bullets, Mixed Brass, Federal & S&B Primers
    Dates of testing: 9-11-17/9-15-17
    Malfunctions: 3

Comments:
    Brand new gun. 3 Malfs were the trigger not resetting. Happened on rounds 102, 402, & 1,575. I dropped the Mag, worked the slide, and we were GTG.
    Probably something I did wrong, just had back surgery and was taking happy pills.
    All Ammo was my reloads and they did fine.
    No BTF!! I like the Autoforwarding feature.
    I plan to strip the gun, clean it, then add an aftermarket trigger. I fired 700 rounds one day and my finger was not happy!
    Will be waiting patiently for some Ameriglo sights.
    This is a nice companion to my 3 Gen2 G-19's.
    Too late to edit, but I found a solution to the trigger not resetting. Member earlan357 @ czfirearms.us posted a video with a fix.

How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Pistol: Glock 17 Gen 5
    Caliber: 9x19
    Ammunition: CCI Blazer Aluminum cased 115 grain FMJ, RUAG EU Contract 124 grain FMJ, Federal Hydra-Shok 124 grain JHP, Federal HST 124 grain +P JHP, Federal HST 147 grain JHP
    Dates of testing: 9/2/2017 - 9/24/2017
    Total rounds fired: 2,008

Comments: The only mods that I made to this gun prior to the commencement of the Challenge were the excellent Ameriglo Defoor flat black steel sights, lubricating the pistol and adding a Glockmeister grip plug. I’ve found that with my Gen 5 examples, the trigger is “just right” out of the box, giving me a very smooth rolling break.

Today, I turned in a 93/100 (3X) on the Hackathorn Test at 25 yards, without putting a terrible amount of effort into the test. I could attain an even higher score with better quality ammo and taking a bit more time. I’m very pleased with the 17.5 and recommend them to anyone.

User Tag List