Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    The new 2 Thousand Round Challenge is trying to find 2,000 rounds.
    Or maybe a 2,000 dry fire challenge

I’ll go out on a limb and say this place will be Vehwy, vehwy quiet in the next year or two.

* I saw a 3-day MAG course yesterday, requiring 3K rounds...WTF!!?? I guess that’s for the lucky bastards that have PALLETS of ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I’ll go out on a limb and say this place will be Vehwy, vehwy quiet in the next year or two.

* I saw a 3-day MAG course yesterday, requiring 3K rounds...WTF!!?? I guess that’s for the lucky bastards that have PALLETS of ammo!
    I love shooting matches but the last few matches were very low round count and not quite worth the time. I'm not buying any more ammo at the current prices.

Yeah, I’m being stingy, not knowing how long this shortage will continue.

Today’s 2,000 round challenge is actually finding 2,000 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Today’s 2,000 round challenge is actually finding 2,000 rounds.
    In my AO finding ammo isn't so much of a problem, it's being able to afford it....

Hammertime

Beretta 92 DXR

2000 Round Challengea

Pistol: Beretta 92 DXR DAO

Caliber: 9mm

Ammunition:
    Tula 115 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ

Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 147 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    Silver Bear 115 grain FMJ
    Barnaul white box 115 grain FMJ
    Geco 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf Polyformance 115 grain FMJ
    Federal American Eagle 124 grain FMJ
    S&B 124 grain FMJ
    Aguila 124 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 11/20-2/21

Total rounds fired: 2017

Stoppages:
    3 double clutch- User error

4 FTLBE- User Grip related

5 Failure to reset- Interference between Beretta Plastic wrap around grip and trigger bar plus really dirty.

1 FTExtract-random

1 light primer Wolf 13# spring. None with 14# - Stock spring 16#

Malfunctions: 0

Breakages: 0

This was 2000 rounds with an early production 92 DXR which is the new DAO 92 with the X frame and Vertec grip. I don't care for the Vertec grip so I swapped in the Beretta brand plastic wrap around grip right away. I also had to center the front sight in the dovetail. It took a while to get used to the long trigger, so in rapid fire I would occasionally double clutch it.

Sights are drive the dot at 5-15yds and hit at the tip or just above at 25.

Trigger 9# with 16# hammer spring. In an attempt to reduce that I went down to 13# and experienced some failures of ignition with steel cased. 14# gave an 8.3# trigger and reliable ignition with about anything.

Generally it is a very reliable gun as all 92s seem to be.

A quirk:
    1. The trigger bar can drag along the right sided grip if/when the gun gets dirty and dry. This happened around 1000 rounds in. It required cleaning, lubrication, and I actually swapped away from Beretta to G10 Hogue wrap arounds. It did not occur again in the next 1000 rounds. This is a quirk of the 92 design that folks should be aware of.

If you leave the gun totally stock and use a modicum of care, wiping it down and lubricating with a couple drops every 500 rounds, I expect it would be boringly reliable with any 9mm ammunition. Mine was not initially because I was swapping parts and testing configurations while putting this 2000 rounds through it. Mine will stay as is with the Hogue grips, Wilson Trigger bar and 14# spring.

Hammertime
    Pistol: Ruger LCP .22

Caliber: .22

Ammunition:
    CCI Minimag 40 Grain: 62
    Aguila Super Extra 40 grain: mostly
    CCI Velocitor: 80
    CCI Stinger: 50

Dates of testing: 11.20-2/21

Total rounds fired: 2252

Stoppages:
    18 FTE
    5 FTF
    1 light strike
    1 FTLBE
    25/2252=98.9% reliable.

Breakages:

This is a nifty little pistol, but no way no how will it go 2000 rounds without some care. It really liked the Aguila Super Extra (Mexican Minimag) which is good because I have a lot of it.

It hits tip of front sight at 25 yards, and you aim at the bottom of a 2" dot at 7 yards. Trigger is 5.5#

Wipe it down every 200 rounds and very very lightly lubricate it or even run it dry or with dry lube, and it will treat you pretty dang well. My longest run with it dirty reliably was around 400 rounds. Even on the 200 round schedule there is still the occasional failure of some sort. Can't say I recommend this over the .380 LCP for defense, but I have never run 800 rounds through any LCP in .380 without some mechanical failure.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    2000 Round Challengea

Pistol: Beretta 92 DXR DAO

Caliber: 9mm

Ammunition:
    Tula 115 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ

Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 147 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    Silver Bear 115 grain FMJ
    Barnaul white box 115 grain FMJ
    Geco 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf Polyformance 115 grain FMJ
    Federal American Eagle 124 grain FMJ
    S&B 124 grain FMJ
    Aguila 124 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 11/20-2/21

Total rounds fired: 2017

Stoppages:
    3 double clutch- User error

4 FTLBE- User Grip related

5 Failure to reset- Interference between Beretta Plastic wrap around grip and trigger bar plus really dirty.

1 FTExtract-random

1 light primer Wolf 13# spring. None with 14# - Stock spring 16#

Breakages: 0

This was 2000 rounds with an early production 92 DXR which is the new DAO 92 with the X frame and Vertec grip. I don't care for the Vertec grip so I swapped in the Beretta brand plastic wrap around grip right away. I also had to center the front sight in the dovetail. It took a while to get used to the long trigger, so in rapid fire I would occasionally double clutch it.

Sights are drive the dot at 5-15yds and hit at the tip or just above at 25.

Trigger 9# with 16# hammer spring. In an attempt to reduce that I went down to 13# and experienced some failures of ignition with steel cased. 14# gave an 8.3# trigger and reliable ignition with about anything.

Generally it is a very reliable gun as all 92s seem to be.

A quirk:
    1. The trigger bar can drag along the right sided grip if/when the gun gets dirty and dry. This happened around 1000 rounds in. It required cleaning, lubrication, and I actually swapped away from Beretta to G10 Hogue wrap arounds. It did not occur again in the next 1000 rounds. This is a quirk of the 92 design that folks should be aware of.

If you leave the gun totally stock and use a modicum of care, wiping it down and lubricating with a couple drops every 500 rounds, I expect it would be boringly reliable with any 9mm ammunition. Mine was not initially because I was swapping parts and testing configurations while putting this 2000 rounds through it. Mine will stay as is with the Hogue grips, Wilson Trigger bar and 14# spring.
    When I put some Stoner CNC G10 grip panels on my 92A1, the trigger bar and grip panel relief cut did not function together, which I discovered while function checking before taking it to the range. A little careful Dremel work on the grip panel relief cut resolved the issue. Runs perfectly, made it 2k rounds with no issues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    When I put some Stoner CNC G10 grip panels on my 92A1, the trigger bar and grip panel relief cut did not function together, which I discovered while function checking before taking it to the range. A little careful Dremel work on the grip panel relief cut resolved the issue. Runs perfectly, made it 2k rounds with no issues.
    The plastic wrap around grips he’s referring to are are kind of soft, hogue type rather than hard plastic like standard beretta grips.

User Tag List