Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 sized options

G19 sized options

After having part of my pinky amputated, I have started to formulate a plan to get back into shooting. I put my trusty p2000s to the side of the safe for now and grabbed a new pistol that is rds capable: the mp 2.0 compact.

What other options are out there that are g19 sized? I am only really interested in guns with hammers and if it's a striker, needs a safety.

CZ P-07 or Beretta PX4 Compact

Site Supporter
    @dontshakepandas has the right answers. Other ideas:

USP9c, CZ P01, Beretta 80x (.380), EDCX9 (spendy), P365 XL or Macro with safety, P239 (might be hard to find)

HK P30 is close, and for me anyway is a much better hand fit than a 19.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I think LTT can cut the P2000 for a dot.

You're looking for optics ready, hammer fired, G19 size? Aren't we all :P
    There are good options like the P2000, PX4CC, and P07, but they all take special work to cut for a red dot.
    The only factory optics ready hammer fired options that come to mind are Beretta 92s (a compact?), Sig P226/229, the Shadow 2 Compact (no FPB) and maybe the Arex Zero 1 226 and 229 clone. Beretta 80X is close to 19 size. P365 with a safety and macro module is also close.

I gave up and went with G19 with an SCD. I carried a PX4CC and full size for a year and they are fantastic guns.

The 2.0C with a safety is a good choice for a striker gun with a manual safety if thats what you want.

Too bad the VP9 doesn’t take a SCD…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Too bad the VP9 doesn’t take a SCD…
    Or even a thumb safety.

Off topic, but to me perosnally, Glock/SCD and LEM are ideal because they do not require manual decocking or safety manipulation, give an "easy but not tooo easy" trigger pull, do not require DA or DA/SA transition, but still give you a backup parachute holstering option.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    ...P2000, PX4CC, and P07, but they all take special work to cut for a red dot.
    I've come to prefer direct milled pistols because no one makes an OR gun the way I want. Few factory slides come with the rear iron forward, where it belongs. And the optic sits higher in OR guns, requiring an annoyingly tall front sight and a different index.

ATEi's Shim Sight is a fantastic option for 509 or Acro footprints.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

P30 is closer to a G45 than a 19 in actual size, but since the grip is more curved it conceals as well as a G19.

I do agree that it has a better hand fit than a 19, but the rounded "ergonomic" grip actually made it harder for me to index from a draw. The 2x4 Glock certainly doesn't feel as good in my hand, but it is easier for me to get a consistent grip.

P30 is a great option but it is enough longer that it prints on my 5' 9" frame.

User Tag List