Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Pistol: H&K P30L LEM (3 magazines)
    Caliber: .40
    Ammunition: 2500 rounds of Winchester 180gr. "purple box" and 200 rounds of Underwood 140gr. Xtreme Penetrator.

This pistol had approximately 1500 rounds of Federal 165gr. HST through it with no malfunctions prior to "officially" starting a 2000 round challenge.
    I shot all 2700 rounds of the challenge over approximately 3 months and have been using the pistol in some pretty rough field conditions including sand/silt and torrential rains.
    Zero malfunctions, everything fed, went bang and ejected 100%.
    I had too many "stoppages" to count. With my grip and thumb position the P30 slide will rarely lock back on empty, that's just the way it is and my grip works too well for shooting to change it around for slide lock.
    Last edited by JodyH; 10-19-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Pistol: H&K P30L LEM (3 magazines)
    Caliber: .40
    — snip —
    Zero malfunctions, everything fed, went bang and ejected 100%.
    I had too many "stoppages" to count. With my grip and thumb position the P30 slide will rarely lock back on empty, that's just the way it is and my grip works too well for shooting to change it around for slide lock.
    Zero malfunction, but zero stoppages? What’s the difference?

As for slide lock, I had the same issue with my P30L. I put in a slide stop for a P30S, and that issue went away. Something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Zero malfunction, but zero stoppages? What’s the difference?

As for slide lock, I had the same issue with my P30L. I put in a slide stop for a P30S, and that issue went away. Something to consider.
    Post #1 of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    RULES
    DEFINITIONS

Stoppage: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation. This could include a failure to feed, fire, extract, or eject. A problem qualifies as a Stoppage if and only if the shooter is capable of fixing the problem without the use of any tools, without disassembling the gun in any way (magazine can be removed), and the pistol is in firing condition in less than 30 seconds. For example, a stovepipe or failure of the slide to go fully into battery would be Stoppages. Added 21-Jan-08: Failure to lock back after the last round in a magazine is fired, even if the shooter believes it was caused by an improper grip, is considered a stoppage.

Malfunction: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation and which requires the use of tools, disassembly of any part of the pistol, and/or takes more than 30 seconds to resolve, but does not require any parts replacement. For example, a dislodged spring or a front sight that falls off the gun would be Malfunctions.

Breakage: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation and which requires parts replacement (springs, pins, locking block, anything) to resolve. For example, a broken spring or chipped extractor would be Breakages.

A pistol must fire 2,000 consecutive rounds without any cleaning or maintenance or additional lubrication without any stoppages, malfunctions or breakages to qualify as having met the "2,000 Round Challenge."
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Post #1 of this thread...
    Thanks for the clarification. It's a shame that shooter induced issues (riding a slide stop) are not segregated from a firearm related stoppage (stove pipe, or even the magazine not locking back due to a mechanical issue).

Pistol: CZ Shadow 2
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: 125gr SNS coated round nose, 3.7gr Nobel Sport Prima V, CCI 500 primers, 1.115" COL
    Dates of testing: 9/11/17 - 10/21/17
    Total rounds fired: ~2000
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

Name:  ccb83e5d4919914fdc37f9b76061f002.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  62.5 KB

Here's the entry for the twin sister of this gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Pistol: CZ Shadow 2
    Ammunition: 125gr SNS coated round nose, 3.7gr Nobel Sport Prima V, CCI 500 primers, 1.115" COL
    Dates of testing: 8/12/17 - 9/6/17
    Total rounds fired: 2000
    Malfunctions: 4 (light strikes, failure to fire)

Modifications:
    11# Main Spring:
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/hs...hammer-spring/

Floating Trigger Pin
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/tr...g-trigger-pin/

11# Recoil Spring:
    https://czcustom.com/cz-75-85-sp01-s...11-lb-x-1.html

Rami FP Spring:
    https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fi...in-spring.html

Extended Firing Pin
    https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fi...iring-pin.html
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-21-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Pistol: M&P 2.0 full-size
    Ammunition: 115gr. Winchester white box, 115gr. American Eagle, 124gr. American Eagle, 115gr. Fiocchi, 124gr. Gold Dots
    Dates of testing: 8/9/17-10-21/17
    Total rounds fired: 2100
    Stoppages: 0

Thoughts: Overall, I was very happy with how the 2.0 performed. Before firing any rounds, I added Warren Sevigny sights and the Apex DCAEK. Throughout testing I had zero problems with the sights or trigger. I had zero issues running any of the above ammunition and had no issue with accuracy at distance. If I did my part, I was able to shoot in the high 80s to low 90s regularly (I am still learning to shoot groups at distance). The grip texture is probably the best factory texture I have felt and believe it contributed to the ease at which the gun shoots. I was also able to shoot a personal best on Mike Pannone’s Marksmanship Evaluation Course (186, Level 2) which is higher than my previous runs with a Glock 19, Glock 17, and HK VP9. I am hoping to pick up the 2.0 compact in the coming months and look forward to running it through the same test.

Hammertime

2,000 Round Challenge

Pistol: Beretta Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical
    Ammunition: Many, 10-12 different types of varying weights
    Dates of testing: 8/2017-11/2017
    Total rounds fired: 2043
    Stoppages: 4. One short Stroke failure to feed with Brown Bear 115 Grain around the 1100 mark, and three failures to lock back on empty. Two of those in the last 100 rounds with Magtec 115 grain ammo.

Comments: This is a great shooting handgun. I am unconcerned with the few stoppages I had as they were all related to weak ammo. Run decent ammo in it and lubricate it (or not) regularly, and it should serve anyone quite well. At the end of the test, it was still oily in many spots although the rails were a bit dry.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 11-04-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Pistol: Glock 19 Gen5
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: 115 grain Blazer aluminum, 115 grain Federal American Eagle, 115 grain Tula steel case, 124 grain S&B contract overrun, 124 grain +P Federal HST
    Dates of testing: 9/04/17-11/05/17
    Total rounds fired: 2,118
    Stoppages: 3
    Malfunctions: zero
    Breakages: zero

Comments:
    The three stoppages were a failure to feed, a failure to fire, and a failure to eject. All three occurred during the first 600 rounds when I was using Magpul magazines and Blazer Aluminum ammo. Once I stopped using the Magpul magazines, the problems went away even when using steel and Aluminum cases ammo. I believe the failure to fire was my fault. I did a press check right before firing a drill. My first round in that drill failed to fire but fired successfully after being rechambered. I believe I failed to make sure the slide returned to battery after the press check. I tested this out later with aluminum cases ammo and found that the top round in the magazine added enough friction to the slide that the slide wouldn’t close completely under the force of the recoil spring when doing a press check. It’s possible to drop the striker when not entirely in battery but there might not be enough force hitting the primer.

I’m not counting several failures of the slide to lock back on empty because my grip tends to ride the slide stop on Glocks. It’s not the gun’s fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

2K Challenge

Pistol: M&P 2.0 4.25" with Thumb Safety, serial # NAZ0XXX and Streamlight TLR1 / contoured remote switch attached;
    Ammunition: Initially, (@275 rds) Speer Gold Dot, Fed HST, Win Ranger, frangible, ball; remainder was American Eagle ball;
    Dates of testing: 11/05-11/15/17
    Total rounds fired: 2083
    Stoppages: None
    Malfunctions: None
    Breakages: None

Name:  IMG_3359.jpg
Views: 1720
Size:  61.7 KB

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Pistol: M&P 2.0 4.25" with Thumb Safety, serial # NAZ0XXX and Streamlight TLR1 / contoured remote switch attached;
    Ammunition: Initially, (@275 rds) Speer Gold Dot, Fed HST, Win Ranger, frangible, ball; remainder was American Eagle ball;
    Dates of testing: 11/05-11/15/17
    Total rounds fired: 2083
    Stoppages: None
    Malfunctions: None
    Breakages: None

Name:  IMG_3359.jpg
Views: 1720
Size:  61.7 KB
    What are those round fan shroud looking things under the pistol and the flashlight looking thing in a steel case upper left corner?

User Tag List