Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I just have to ask, since I see an X300 on board, how does the shorter pistol help anything?

I mean X300's go off and on a lot easier than comps
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Hammertime
    Pistol: Gen 5 Glock 45 MOS, Holosun 507c, TLR-8AG, Vickers flat trigger shoe, stock internals.

Caliber: 9mm

Ammunition:S&B 124 grain FMJ
    Blazer 124 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ
    American Eagle 124 grain FMJ
    Blazer 115 grain FMJ
    Lawman 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    Magtech 115 grain FMJ
    Federal HST 147 grain JHP

Dates of testing: 7/20-3/22

Total rounds fired: 2124

Stoppages: 1 dead primer, solid primer hit.

Malfunctions: none

Breakages:none

Like all my Gen 5 Glock guns, this one has been outstanding. Extremely accurate (my top three scores ever on the 500 aggregate at 25 yards are with this pistol), reliable, durable, easy to shoot and no drama whatsoever.

The 507c did not loosen and the TLR8- AG makes a sweet shooting pistol even more soft.

There may be something to that flat trigger. This pistol came to me with it installed and it sure as heck didn’t make me shoot worse.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Pistol: Gen 5 Glock 45 MOS, Holosun 507c, TLR-8AG, Vickers flat trigger shoe, stock internals.

Ammunition:S&B 124 grain FMJ
    Blazer 124 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ
    American Eagle 124 grain FMJ
    Blazer 115 grain FMJ
    Lawman 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    Magtech 115 grain FMJ
    Federal HST 147 grain JHP

Dates of testing: 7/20-3/22

Total rounds fired: 2124

Stoppages: 1 dead primer, solid primer hit.

Breakages:none

Like all my Gen 5 Glock guns, this one has been outstanding. Extremely accurate (my top three scores ever on the 500 aggregate at 25 yards are with this pistol), reliable, durable, easy to shoot and no drama whatsoever.

The 507c did not loosen and the TLR8- AG makes a sweet shooting pistol even more soft.

There may be something to that flat trigger. This pistol came to me with it installed and it sure as heck didn’t make me shoot worse.
    This is a highly similar package to my home defense rig (G17G5 MOS, 507C, TLR-1, 147-grain HST) and it’s great to see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Pistol: ZEV OZ9C, Holosun 508T-X2
    Ammunition: 3250 assorted Magtech, Winchester, Wolf, Federal and Monarch 115gr. FMJ. 250 assorted Winchester, Barnes and Federal 115gr., 124gr., 147gr. JHP
    Dates of Testing: 3/30/22 through 4/10/22
    Total Rounds Fired: 3,500

Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 1 kinda maybe? (drifting rear sight fixed with LockTite and snugging the set screw)

Comments: I've only used factory Gen 5 Glock 19 magazines (Magpul Glock mags are hot garbage IME). I swapped the ZEV steel mag catch for a standard Glock Gen 5 plastic mag catch (steel catch and plastic mags is a bad combo long term). I used a Dremel to polish down the knuckle buster hump at the bottom of the trigger guard. The OZ9C is ridiculously easy to shoot fast and accurately due to the forward weight bias from the steel subframe. The magwell is not as low profile as I'd like for carry, but it does lock my hand in solid and is lowish profile. The only issue I've had with this pistol is the rear sight drifted enough to be off by 6" or so at 25Y. I tapped it back into place and LockTited it down and it hasn't moved since, I wouldn't have even noticed had I not decided to turn off the dot and play with the irons for a few magazines.
    While I'm not currently using the OZ9C for carry (using a Gen5 19 with a ZEV slide and 508T-X2 for that right now) I'd have zero concerns holstering it up. The only reason it's primarily my range pistol instead of CCW is the extra few ounces and the magwell, both of which are just minor inconveniences not deal breakers.

Name:  oz9c.jpg
Views: 1956
Size:  51.8 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

2,000 round challenge

Pistol: Beretta PX4 Storm Full size
    Ammo used:
    S&B 115 gr FMJ
    S&B 124 gr FMJ
    Federal American Eagle 115 gr FMJ
    Blazer Brass 115 gr FMJ comprised only 400 rounds of this test

Gun modifications = I put in a Beretta D-spring when the pistol had 800 rounds on it. That hammer spring currently has 39,143 rounds on it and I haven't had any light strikes.
    Test dates: 7/7/2021 - 5/30/2022
    Beginning round count = 35,344
    Ending round count = 39,943
    Total rounds fired during test period = 4,599

Breakages: 0

Notes and observations: I started with the intention of an endurance test, but it wasn't for the 2,000 round challenge. Since I have the information and my criteria match the 2,000 round challenge criteria I decided to post it here. I have had occasional ejection issues with this pistol in the past in which the brass would not eject completely. I made no modifications to the pistol, but that stopped and hasn't repeated the issue in a couple of years. I started having the decocker lever pop up with some hesitation around 4,400 rounds. It never caused a failure, but was a sign that it is starting to get too dirty, so I will disassemble the slide and clean it and relube it this weekend..

Lever lift

Quote Originally Posted by Storm SD View Post
    ... I started having the decocker lever pop up with some hesitation around 4,400 rounds. It never caused a failure, but was a sign that it is starting to get too dirty, so I will disassemble the slide and clean it and relube it this weekend..
    Usually after 2,500 rounds since a detailed cleaning of the slide my levers (Carry levers) will be slow rising occasionally. Instead of cleaning I put a drop or two of Rem Oil on the left lever shaft exposed at the very rear of the slide. Hold the levers down, drop in a small bit of oil, move the levers up & down thrice and víolá... good for another 2-3k.
    Once you get the oil on rotate the slide to sight side up so that gravity does not bring the oil forward.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Usually after 2,500 rounds since a detailed cleaning of the slide my levers (Carry levers) will be slow rising occasionally. Instead of cleaning I put a drop or two of Rem Oil on the left lever shaft exposed at the very rear of the slide. Hold the levers down, drop in a small bit of oil, move the levers up & down thrice and víolá... good for another 2-3k.
    Once you get the oil on rotate the slide to sight side up so that gravity does not bring the oil forward.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm SD View Post
    Pistol: Beretta PX4 Storm Full size
    Ammo used:
    S&B 115 gr FMJ
    S&B 124 gr FMJ
    Federal American Eagle 115 gr FMJ
    Blazer Brass 115 gr FMJ comprised only 400 rounds of this test

Gun modifications = I put in a Beretta D-spring when the pistol had 800 rounds on it. That hammer spring currently has 39,143 rounds on it and I haven't had any light strikes.
    Test dates: 7/7/2021 - 5/30/2022
    Beginning round count = 35,344
    Ending round count = 39,943
    Total rounds fired during test period = 4,599

Breakages: 0

Notes and observations: I started with the intention of an endurance test, but it wasn't for the 2,000 round challenge. Since I have the information and my criteria match the 2,000 round challenge criteria I decided to post it here. I have had occasional ejection issues with this pistol in the past in which the brass would not eject completely. I made no modifications to the pistol, but that stopped and hasn't repeated the issue in a couple of years. I started having the decocker lever pop up with some hesitation around 4,400 rounds. It never caused a failure, but was a sign that it is starting to get too dirty, so I will disassemble the slide and clean it and relube it this weekend..
    Awesome test. Thanks for the contribution. During my flawless 2000-round test of my .40 full-size (not recorded in this thread because it was years ago and I didn’t keep quality track) I got the sticky levers too. Not a practical concern for me but a bit of a pain to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Pistol: FN 509 MRD midsize, Holosun 508T, SurfireX300u, Apex trigger, Floodlight holster, stock internals.

Ammunition:
    Norma 124 grain FMJ -- 1240 rounds
    Blazer 124 grain FMJ -- 50 rounds
    Zev 124 grain FMJ -- 50 rounds
    American Eagle 115 grain FMJ --- 100 rounds
    Blazer 115 grain FMJ -- 50 rounds
    remington umc 115 grain FMJ -- 500 rounds
    Federal HST 147 grain JHP -- 50 rounds

Dates of testing: 2/6/22---7/20/22

Total rounds fired: 2040

Stoppages: 2 Failure to Fire; 1 happened on the second day of a Scott Jedlinkski reddot class and I did not find the suspect round. The second happened a couple weeks ago and I found the round which appeared to have a nice solid primer strike. Both of these rounds were Norma 124. I will be replacing the striker spring asap, just in case.

Breakages: none

This was the pistol I picked to get into the reddot, although Scott and others in the class were cracking jokes left and right . But it worked well for me and I was able to hang in the middle of the pack after getting some quality instruction on acquiring the dot and grip and tracking the dot.

The holosun 508 paired great and there was no problems.

I'm going to give it a cleaning and replace that spring. I'll be using this as my carry gun now.

Why were they cracking jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Pistol: FN 509 MRD midsize, Holosun 508T, SurfireX300u, Apex trigger, Floodlight holster, stock internals.

Ammunition:
    Norma 124 grain FMJ -- 1240 rounds
    Blazer 124 grain FMJ -- 50 rounds
    Zev 124 grain FMJ -- 50 rounds
    American Eagle 115 grain FMJ --- 100 rounds
    Blazer 115 grain FMJ -- 50 rounds
    remington umc 115 grain FMJ -- 500 rounds
    Federal HST 147 grain JHP -- 50 rounds

Dates of testing: 2/6/22---7/20/22

Total rounds fired: 2040

Stoppages: 2 Failure to Fire; 1 happened on the second day of a Scott Jedlinkski reddot class and I did not find the suspect round. The second happened a couple weeks ago and I found the round which appeared to have a nice solid primer strike. Both of these rounds were Norma 124. I will be replacing the striker spring asap, just in case.

Breakages: none

This was the pistol I picked to get into the reddot, although Scott and others in the class were cracking jokes left and right . But it worked well for me and I was able to hang in the middle of the pack after getting some quality instruction on acquiring the dot and grip and tracking the dot.

The holosun 508 paired great and there was no problems.

I'm going to give it a cleaning and replace that spring. I'll be using this as my carry gun now.

User Tag List