Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice: LTT PX4 CC vs LTT 92 Compact

Site Supporter

Need advice: LTT PX4 CC vs LTT 92 Compact

After shooting primarily striker fired guns for the last decade plus, I've decided or several reasons that i'm going to dedicate myself to DA/SA for the foreseeable future. I've decided that that is going to be Beretta's. I plan on ordering a pair of full house Centurion's from LTT in the near future. One will be a primary carry gun, the other a training gun. I'll probably pick up a full size ( or a 92X) for the bedside safe. But I also want a smaller option for summer/ deeper concealment. I've read the entire PX4 CC thread and think it would be a good option. However 3 of the 4 reasons EL chose it over a 92 Compact have been fixed with his version of the 92 Compact. Same capacity, same RDO option, about a 4oz weight difference. I have blue guns and holsters for both already, they both seem to carry well, bit I haven't shot either and won't get to until whichever I choose arrives.

Who has experience with both?

I have both a LTT 92C RDO and a PX4CC. That’s a tough one - neither is carried regularly (I’m a P30 slut) but they are very different from each other. Why don’t you come down for some barbecue and range time?

If I had to pick one for a carry pistol in a vacuum, it would probably be the PX4CC. But since you’re going all-in on 92s, the 92C makes more sense to me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Back when I owned a 92 Compact, I didn't find that it was that much easier to conceal than a Centurion. YMMV of course.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Back when I owned a 92 Compact, I didn't find that it was that much easier to conceal than a Centurion. YMMV of course.
    The shorter OAL is what has me considering the PX4 over the 92C. Grip length is pretty similar, but the shorter slide length would be a benefit for deep concealment and the rare occasion I wear it OWB.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have both a LTT 92C RDO and a PX4CC. That’s a tough one - neither is carried regularly (I’m a P30 slut) but they are very different from each other. Why don’t you come down for some barbecue and range time?

If I had to pick one for a carry pistol in a vacuum, it would probably be the PX4CC. But since you’re going all-in on 92s, the 92C makes more sense to me.
    Thanks Ken, I'm slightly leaning towards the PX4. The trigger reach does seem longer, but not sure which backstrap the blue gun was molded with, assuming medium. If I'm being honest with myself, I'll probably have both in a year lol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Thanks Ken, I'm slightly leaning towards the PX4. The trigger reach does seem longer, but not sure which backstrap the blue gun was molded with, assuming medium. If I'm being honest with myself, I'll probably have both in a year lol.
    Name:  image000000(16).jpg
Views: 185
Size:  83.9 KB
    Name:  image000000(4).jpg
Views: 186
Size:  71.4 KB

The only guns I’ve shot and carried more than the Berettas is Glocks. I love 92s but I’m partial to polymer guns for all carry purposes, I’m weight sensitive on long days. I genuinely found the PX4s to shoot as softly as the full size 92s

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    IMO, the PX4 compact is Beretta's best DA/SA gun from a procedural standpoint- easier to maintain, probably more durable long-term, etc. I switched to the 92X line-up because with the X series, Beretta "fixed" my personal beefs with that platform and offered factory RDO cuts. Had Beretta updated the grip frame contours/textures and put RDO cuts on the PX4, I'd still be using the PX4. All this keeping in mind that I buy "off the rack" in my old age.

Going through LTT as you intend to do sort of blurs the picture, and I don't think you can go wrong either way.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have both a LTT 92C RDO and a PX4CC. That’s a tough one ....they are very different from each other.
    What Ken said. We always had 92's around of various sorts when Mrs. Fatdog was still in .mil and I never got along well with the platform. The PX4 is such a different animal from an ergonomics and a shooting perspective. I do well with it but would dread having to own/shoot any of the 92 family again. Just me, my hands, etc. The triggers, the grip girth, the balance, are all different for me. And the LTT work takes the PX4 up a notch as I am sure he does with his 92's.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Because of barrel/slide length and weight, I think the PX4c wins for a carry gun. My feeling on it is that the rotating barrel really does help reduce recoil. To me it is a plastic gun that feels remarkably like a metal gun. Otherwise I prefer a 92.

The PX4 CC2 is a much better carrying gun than a 92 Compact. The slide profile, beavertail profile, safety/decocker profile, and weight all bias to the PX4, especially if you're going for a deeper conceal. The trigger profiles are fairly similar between the platforms, your biggest 'challenge' bouncing between the two in training will be the different recoil impulse and cadence for acquiring the sights.

If it's worth anything, I'm pretty sure Ernest's go-to carry gun is his PX4 CC, and he has a ton of rounds through all those options. I also stick to my PX4s for carry; I love my 92s for range, HD, and competition, but the PX4s just carry so much better for me.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

User Tag List