Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: Perfecta 115 FMJ, Magtech 115 FMJ, Tula steelcase 115 FMJ
    Dates of testing: 12/24/2016-2/25/2017
    Total rounds fired: 2,023
    Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

Comments:
    This gun was bought new as the competition companion to my EDC G19 w/RMR. It has a Glockmeister stock 3.5lb drop in replacement trigger pack. It started out with a Vortex Viper MRDS but I become increasingly unhappy with that and it now wears a Leupold Delta Point Pro. Most of the rounds put through the gun were in practice along with a couple of USPSA matches. Very happy that there has been no BTF issues.

2,000 Round Challenge

Pistol: S&W M&P Pro FS
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: Magtech 115 FMJ, Tula steelcase 115 FMJ, Blazer Brass 115 FMJ, Blazer Aluminum 115 FMJ
    Dates of testing: DEC 2015-FEB 2017
    Total rounds fired: 2018

Comments: I'm an M&P fan. This gun has been flawless, operationally. The accuracy has been acceptable (3" at 25 yards). However, the front sight has to be slightly bumped to make the POA/POI coincide. It's not even noticeable, probably, to the casual observer. I am thinking about trying out an Apex barrel, and recentering the front sight in the dovetail, to see what it'll do. I have a brace of these now, and I love them. I have a 2.0, that I'm having new sights put on, and then that'll start the 2000 test.

The JMCK AIWB with neo wedge. Runs great and it's concealable. The Bawidamann Uber horizontal mag pouch. After wearing these (under t shirts) I can't carry mags any other way. It hides right next to my clinch pick.

Claude Werner's Performance Standard. The hands are little because this was shot by my Son, who helps with my log book work, and gets some shooting in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 03-02-2017 at 06:56 PM.

I'm going about this in a slightly different way -

Pistol: Walther PPQ 4in
    Caliber: 9x19
    Ammunition: 115 grain American Steel, PMC bronze; 124 grain Freedom fmj
    Dates of Testing: 2/21/17 - 3/5/17
    Total Rounds Fired: 495

Gun already had 6000+ rounds through it. Failure free for first 4500-5000. Had some failures to fire in last 1000, and Walther repaired it quick and easy under warranty with a new trigger. Started the 2000 round challenge upon its return without cleaning (about 300 rounds worth including some pre-repair failures and Walther's testing). The first 100 back were by a new shooter with a poor grip. The remaining 395 have been in practice and a match. No failures so far.

S&W M&P 2.0 9mm 4.25" "full size"

Ammunition: 501 Federal P9HST3, 991 Blazer Brass 124gr FMJ, 350 American Eagle 124gr FMJ, 33 Atlanta Arms 147 gr JHP, 125 Fderal P9HST2

Dates: Feb 23 - Mar 9 2017

Total Rounds Fired: 2000

Modifcations: Trijicon HD XR sights

Stoppages: 1

Dissappointing. Had 1 double feed at round #1985 with the standard pressure 147 gr HST, argh! Had to leave the pistol sitting for a few weeks at 1875 rounds and finished today, guess it couldn't quite handle it.

Will try it again.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by LSW View Post
    S&W M&P 2.0 9mm 4.25" "full size"

Ammunition: 501 Federal P9HST3, 991 Blazer Brass 124gr FMJ, 350 American Eagle 124gr FMJ, 33 Atlanta Arms 147 gr JHP, 125 Fderal P9HST2

Dates: Feb 23 - Mar 9 2017

Total Rounds Fired: 2000

Modifcations: Trijicon HD XR sights

Stoppages: 1

Dissappointing. Had 1 double feed at round #1985 with the standard pressure 147 gr HST, argh! Had to leave the pistol sitting for a few weeks at 1875 rounds and finished today, guess it couldn't quite handle it.

Will try it again.
    I think 1 stoppage in the 2K test is pretty darn acceptable. How was accuracy?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I think 1 stoppage in the 2K test is pretty darn acceptable. How was accuracy?
    As good as my HK P30L, 4" groups at 25

Vending Machine Operator
    That'll do just fine for government work. Nice test, thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by LSW View Post
    As good as my HK P30L, 4" groups at 25
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Beretta PX4 Storm, 9mm.

Ammunition: Combination of remanufactured, IMI, and American Eagle, most 124g.
    Dates: Nov 10/16 - March 23/17
    Total rounds fired: 2320
    Stoppages:4

Note: I lubed the new stealth levers when I installed them at round count 1992. I didn't lube anything else on the gun.

I had 4 stoppages with the PX4, the first two caused by a stuck magazine follower. That issue stopped when I degreased the mags. The other two were user induced, with a failure to feed brought on by a failed slide lock reload where I didn't get the mag fully inserted into the gun before I depressed the lever. The slide stripped off a round, but the extractor didn't pick it up and it got stuck to the left of the feed ramp. The other was a failure of the slide to lock on an empty mag, caused by improper grip when I was shooting SHO.

I also dry practiced with this gun extensively since I started the test last November. I would guess I've got thousands of draws and reloads and several thousand double action trigger presses on this gun.

Obligatory filthy pics:

Note the lube still visible on the locking block, barrel and slide. The Lucas Red n' Tacky grease is a great product.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Glock 43. Purchased about a month ago, brand new with Ameriglo sights, serrated u-notch rear with orange outline tritium front.

I like the sights. Nice uncluttered sight picture, no sharp corners, bright/bold front. The front is .140" wide. I'd prefer .125", but for this little gun, it's probably better for the intended purpose. The pistol took a fall from on top of my kitchen refrigerator. It was loaded and holstered in a JM AIWB. It apparently landed on the rear sight as it was dinged and was pushed about 1/3 out of the dovetail. I re-centered it and it is not functionally impaired in any way.

I have only shot this pistol out to 25 yards and was able to keep 7 rounds in about 8-9" pretty consistently, which is about as well as I shoot anything. I was naturally a little slower with this one vs a full size, but I am thoroughly impressed with how well this little thing can shoot.

I didn't start out to do a 2K round test, but I was over half way there when I thought about cleaning it and decided to just keep going. This pistol shipped dry and I applied 5 drops of Slip 2000 EWL in the 5 Glock spots and never cleaned or re-lubed it. The little bit of lube I had on it is probably long since gone and the pistol is actually cleaner than I thought it would be. I usually run a pistol pretty wet and they tend to look really filthy after a few thousand rounds.

2,127 rounds total, 1 FTEj with Win Ranger 127+p+. All magazines used were OEM 6 round mags with flat, OEM and/or Pearce +0 pinky extensions.

150 rounds 147 HST
    100 147+p HST
    100 124 Gold Dot
    100 124+p Gold Dot
    50 127+p+ Winchster Ranger
    20 124+p PDX-1
    100 Remington 115 JHP
    100 Winchester WWB 147 JHP
    Approximately 500 of 124 FMJ, Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass
    557 American Eagle 147 fmj
    100 Tula steel case 115 fmj
    100 Federal Aluminum 115 fmj
    150 Winchester Forged steel case 115 fmj

Last edited by M2CattleCo; 03-24-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Glock 43. Purchased about a month ago, brand new with Ameriglo sights, serrated u-notch rear with orange outline tritium front.

I like the sights. Nice uncluttered sight picture, no sharp corners, bright/bold front. The front is .140" wide. I'd prefer .125", but for this little gun, it's probably better for the intended purpose. The pistol took a fall from on top of my kitchen refrigerator. It was loaded and holstered in a JM AIWB. It apparently landed on the rear sight as it was dinged and was pushed about 1/3 out of the dovetail. I re-centered it and it is not functionally impaired in any way.

I have only shot this pistol out to 25 yards and was able to keep 7 rounds in about 8-9" pretty consistently, which is about as well as I shoot anything. I was naturally a little slower with this one vs a full size, but I am thoroughly impressed with how well this little thing can shoot.

I didn't start out to do a 2K round test, but I was over half way there when I thought about cleaning it and decided to just keep going. This pistol shipped dry and I applied 5 drops of Slip 2000 EWL in the 5 Glock spots and never cleaned or re-lubed it. The little bit of lube I had on it is probably long since gone and the pistol is actually cleaner than I thought it would be. I usually run a pistol pretty wet and they tend to look really filthy after a few thousand rounds.

2,127 rounds total, 1 FTEj with Win Ranger 127+p+. All magazines used were OEM 6 round mags with flat, OEM and/or Pearce +0 pinky extensions.

150 rounds 147 HST
    100 147+p HST
    100 124 Gold Dot
    100 124+p Gold Dot
    50 127+p+ Winchster Ranger
    20 124+p PDX-1
    100 Remington 115 JHP
    100 Winchester WWB 147 JHP
    Approximately 500 of 124 FMJ, Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass
    557 American Eagle 147 fmj
    100 Tula steel case 115 fmj
    100 Federal Aluminum 115 fmj
    150 Winchester Forged steel case 115 fmj

I think Glock makes the wee guns better than the big ones now a days.

User Tag List