Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Have you heard the term "Super Face" before? 38 Supers blowing out and pelting the face isn't a new thing at all.

Glad you were OK! You can't reuse that brass very often.
    Yes, Super Face! Heard of it, now I have experienced it. I have stopped using that bullet/powder combination, no loss, inaccurate anyway. Surprisingly inconsistent accuracy with that load. I was using it up for short range stages because past 20 yards things opened up considerably. Now it's gone and my new load, although having more recoil, is much, much better accuracy wise and I suspect safer using a much slower burning powder.

Finally, I own a Glock that can pass the 2,000 Round Challenge... After attempting it several times with my Gen3 19 and not getting passed 900 rounds, the Gen5 just ran through it with the following results:

Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

The ammo was a variety of Blazer, Federal Aluminum (mostly), and a handful of Critical Duties (which I don't carry anymore) through a variety of mags including OEM, ETS, and P-Mags (the majority of those were P-Mags). Before starting the challenge, I had a few stoppages which were a result of user error. The pistol held open prematurely which was caused by me pressing up on the slide stop with a less-than-ideal grip. Other than that, this thing has been absolutely flawless. As I'm sure others have mentioned, the wear in places where the slide contacts the barrel appears to be greater than that of previous generations due to the hardness of the new finish.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 1702
Size:  74.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSc0rch View Post
    Finally, I own a Glock that can pass the 2,000 Round Challenge... After attempting it several times with my Gen3 19 and not getting passed 900 rounds, the Gen5 just ran through it with the following results:

The ammo was a variety of Blazer, Federal Aluminum (mostly), and a handful of Critical Duties (which I don't carry anymore) through a variety of mags including OEM, ETS, and P-Mags (the majority of those were P-Mags). Before starting the challenge, I had a few stoppages which were a result of user error. The pistol held open prematurely which was caused by me pressing up on the slide stop with a less-than-ideal grip. Other than that, this thing has been absolutely flawless. As I'm sure others have mentioned, the wear in places where the slide contacts the barrel appears to be greater than that of previous generations due to the hardness of the new finish.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 1702
Size:  74.3 KB
    That's good too hear, I am little over half way too 2000 with my 19.5.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Pistol: CZ-75B Omega, in decock-only configuration
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: 650 rounds of TulAmmo 115gr FMJ, 400 Win 124gr NATO FMJ, 200 115gr Aguila FMJ, the rest was a mixture of stuff including HST & GDHP
    Dates of testing: 11/6/17 to 1/18/18
    Total rounds fired: 2,000

The gun was taken out of the box, given a few drops of Lucas Extreme Gun Oil down each slide rail and one each on the chamber hood and muzzle end of the barrel. VZ Grips were added partway through the test and are a dramatic improvement over the janky factory plastic ones which are somehow too sharp and too slippery at the same time.

Name:  CZ 75b omega 2.jpg
Views: 1651
Size:  103.0 KB
    Last edited by Tamara; 02-08-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Ammunition: 650 rounds of TulAmmo 115gr FMJ, 400 Win 124gr NATO FMJ, 200 115gr Aguila FMJ, the rest was a mixture of stuff including HST & GDHP

The gun was taken out of the box, given a few drops of Lucas Extreme Gun Oil down each slide rail and one each on the chamber hood and muzzle end of the barrel. VZ Grips were added partway through the test and are a dramatic improvement over the janky factory plastic ones which are somehow too sharp and too slippery at the same time.

And it's purdy!!

Hammertime
    Pistol: Glock 43
    Ammunition: Aguila 115 grain
    Magtech 115 grain
    Federal HST 147 grain
    Winchester Ranger T 124 +P
    PPU 124 grain NATO
    PPU 115 grain NATO A-355
    PPU 115 grain A-430
    Federal American Eagle 147 grain
    Federal American Eagle 124 grain
    Speer Lawman 147 grain
    Speer Lawman 124 grain
    Speer Lawman 115 grain
    S&B 124 grain SB9A
    S&B 124 grain NATO SB9B
    S&B 115 grainSB9A
    Wolf 115 grain
    Brown Bear 115 grain
    Silver Bear 115 grain
    Dates of testing: 11/15 to 2/18
    Total rounds fired: 2,033
    Stoppages: 3

It took a while for this gun to grow on me and we had a slow start to the test. I have been carrying it primarily as a running gun and it has been frequently covered in sweat.

Stoppages:
    One short stroke with Brown Bear early on.
    One failure to feed 147 HST around round 700, unsure of cause. Last round in mag and that mag had been in the gun at least six months.
    One fail to lock back with Magtech. Either weak round or my thumb.

I dismantled it completely and cleaned it after the test. It was hardly needed. Minimal dirt and really dry, not that it cared about being dry. Re assembled and lubed wit five drops of oil.

I am impressed with the gun. I shot my first clean 5 yd Dot tortures with it. The only thing I dislike is it runs out of ammo fast.

It has a purpose and would be one of three guns I would keep if limited to that number.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Wow, good show.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Pistol: Glock 43
    It has a purpose and would be one of three guns I would keep if limited to that number.
    Good to see the 43 going through the paces. I feel the same way, god forbid it ever came down to “only 3”.

Glock G5 19 with FBI sights, total rounds 2170.
    American Eagle 124gr fmj 650 rounds.
    Blazer Brass 124gr fmj 600 rounds.
    Winchester 115gr fmj white box 300 rounds.
    Monarch 115gr fmj steel case 150 rounds.
    Winchester 124gr fmj Nato 100 rounds.
    Monarch 145gr fmj steel case 100rounds.
    Monarch 115gr fmj brass case 100 rounds.
    Aguila 115gr fmj brass case 50 rounds.
    Remington 115gr brass case UMC junk 50 rounds. 1 stoppage due to failure to extract.
    Winchester 124gr Hollow Point 20 rounds.
    Browning 147gr fmj brass case 50rounds.

Stoppage 1
    Malfunction 0
    Stoppage 0
    The last 100 rounds were mag dumps trying to induce a stoppage from heat or rapid fire.
    But no issues from mag dumps.
    Over all seems like a solid gun and enjoy shooting it. I have almost 3000 rounds through the gun with a lot of junky ammo with one stoppage, so i am happy with it.
    If i see anything wrong when i do clean it i will report it to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    Glock G5 19 with FBI sights, total rounds 2170.
    American Eagle 124gr fmj 650 rounds.
    Blazer Brass 124gr fmj 600 rounds.
    Winchester 115gr fmj white box 300 rounds.
    Monarch 115gr fmj steel case 150 rounds.
    Winchester 124gr fmj Nato 100 rounds.
    Monarch 145gr fmj steel case 100rounds.
    Monarch 115gr fmj brass case 100 rounds.
    Aguila 115gr fmj brass case 50 rounds.
    Remington 115gr brass case UMC junk 50 rounds. 1 stoppage due to failure to eject.
    Winchester 124gr Hollow Point 20 rounds.
    Browning 147gr fmj brass case 50rounds.

Stoppage 1
    Malfunction 0
    Stoppage 0
    The last 100 rounds were mag dumps trying to induce a stoppage from heat or rapid fire.
    But no issues from mag dumps.
    Over all seems like a solid gun and enjoy shooting it. I have almost 3000 rounds through the gun with a lot of junky ammo with one stoppage, so i am happy with it.
    If i see anything wrong when i do clean it i will report it to you guys.

User Tag List