Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I guess I mean I suck with it. Of all the full sized and compact service pistol I have tested (around 20), I shot it the worst and would put it dead last in preference for pure shooting performance.

However, for carrying, it is perfectly sized and nice weight with reliability and presumed durability near top of the heap. Plus it has a great trigger for not shooting stuff.

It is sort of a love, hate thing, but mostly hate.
    Thanks for your input. I have one in .40 that I'm going to convert to the same match LEM configuration. I just need the hammer spring, have the rest of the parts. Plan on running that way for a while, but I go back and forth agonizing over whether to run it cocked and locked or LEM or TDA haha. But I appreciate the 2k challenge and personal preference info you provided.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thanks for your input. I have one in .40 that I'm going to convert to the same match LEM configuration. I just need the hammer spring, have the rest of the parts. Plan on running that way for a while, but I go back and forth agonizing over whether to run it cocked and locked or LEM or TDA haha. But I appreciate the 2k challenge and personal preference info you provided.
    I think the match LEM is the best trigger variant for this pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I guess I mean I suck with it. Of all the full sized and compact service pistol I have tested (around 20), I shot it the worst and would put it dead last in preference for pure shooting performance.

However, for carrying, it is perfectly sized and nice weight with reliability and presumed durability near top of the heap. Plus it has a great trigger for not shooting stuff.

It is sort of a love, hate thing, but mostly hate.
    Yep I know how you feel. After around 600 rounds through the LEM my progress was so slow that I gave up.

It would be like working out for a year, focusing on improving one particular lift, and only adding 10 pounds to it. Not much progress at all.

In theory it's the perfect pistol for me, but in practice things did not work out so well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Colt M45a1 early 2016 ‘production’ model.

45 acp

Ammunition: my hand loads, 230, 200 gn plated round nose.

From 8-8-18 to 10-23-18

2030 rounds fired

Brackages-0
    Malfunctions-0
    Stoppages-7

Comments. Same two Wilson ETM and three Wilson 47d’s used for all rounds fired.
    Five of the seven stoppages accrued during reloads, first round from a full eight round mag. All but two finished chambering with a mag slap. All stoppages were failures to completely chamber.
    Toward the end of testing, last three hundred or so rounds started to experience some erratic ejecting with a few brass to the face.

All in all satisfied with the guns performance, first stoppage accrued at round number 511. This has always been my belief, after 400-500 rounds 1911s will need lube.
    I agree the 1911 is more lubrication sensitive than some other types. I had a 1911 make it through the test with no failures, but I felt like I was really pushing it and expected a stoppage any time. Unless there is an issue specific to the gun, I don't necessarily view it as a big problem -- just something users need to be aware of.

Hammertime
    Pistol: HK P30l Lite LEM

Caliber: 9mm

Ammunition: S&B 124 grain FMJ
    S&B 124 grain FMJ NATO
    Magtech 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    S&B 115 grain FMJ
    Armscor 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf Mil Spec 115 grain FMJ
    Barnaul white box 115 grain FMJ
    Silver Bear 115 grain FMJ
    Brown Bear 115 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ
    Speer Lawman 115 grain FMJ
    Speer Lawman 124 grain FMJ
    MEN 124 grain FMJ NATO
    Winchester 124 grain FMJ NATO
    Speer Lawman 147 grain FMJ
    Federal American Eagle 147 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 10/2018

Total rounds fired: 2019

Stoppages: 3 FTLBE probably my thumb

3 stovepipes Wolf Mil Spec. Really weak ammo. It ran 342 rounds of steel without complaint including another 97 of the same Wolf.

Not a stoppage, but I had two double clutch events at 5yd line when shooting fast.

Malfunctions: none

Breakages: none

It is a great gun with a difficult trigger. As with my other P30l, I had to hit HK up for a taller front sight (6.7)mm to keep from hitting high at 25.

I've only shot my P30L a couple times, but have also had several FTLBE. With that gun I really like to get my thumbs high, so I'm pretty sure I'll try switching to the short slide release used with the safety models and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I've only shot my P30L a couple times, but have also had several FTLBE. With that gun I really like to get my thumbs high, so I'm pretty sure I'll try switching to the short slide release used with the safety models and see if that helps.
    I put the S model slide stop on mine, and fixed all FTLB issues.

Hammertime
    Pistol: P30V3 DA/SA

Ammunition:
    S&B 124 grain SB9B
    PPU 124 grain NATO
    Magtech 115 grain
    Speer Lawman 147 grain FMJ
    Federal American Eagle 147 grain FMJ
    S&B 115 grain FMJ SB9B
    Armscor 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    PMC 115 grain FMJ
    Speer Lawman 115 grain FMJ
    Silver Bear 115 grain FMJ
    Brown Bear 115 grain FMJ
    Barnaul White Box 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf Mil Spec 115 grain FMJ
    Men 124 grain FMJ
    Speer Lawman 124 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 124 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 10-11/201

Total rounds fired: 2140

Stoppages: Auto forwards constantly.
    10 Fail To Lock Back Empty due to my thumb.
    Hard primer Wolf Mil Spec 115 grain fired second strike.

Malfunctions: 0

Breakages: 0

This is my favorite DA/SA pistol to date. At the end of 2k I am not at all sick of shooting it like many prior guns.

Trigger mods: Light FPBS, light TRS, nickel plated sear spring, stock blue hammer spring

Trigger now 7.5/3.25#

Even after a lot of training, I still had occasional FTLBE due to long slide release levers. Will replace them with shorter levers in the near future. It also auto forwards on reload constantly like every P30 variant I have shot to date.

If you are interested in a plastic TDA type pistol I can’t recommend it highly enough.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Pistol: Smith & Wesson Model 5906
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: 600 rounds of TulAmmo 115gr FMJ, assorted other FMJ to include Blazer Brass, Win NATO, Federal Brass, MagTech, S&B. 50rds 124gr HST, 25rd Golden Saber 124+P, 25rd Critical Defense
    Dates of testing: 20 April 2018 - 19 May 2018
    Total rounds fired: 2000
    Stoppages: 1 TulAmmo primer wouldn't pop no matter how many times it was hit.

Comments: This was a fairly well-scuffed trade-in at my LGS. It showed evidence of duty carry, an indeterminate amount of use, and there was a tiny divot knocked out of the edge of the hammer spur. I gave the gun a cursory cleaning (by which I mean I ran a bore snake through it a few times) and then glorped some Liberty Gun Lubricant down the slide rails and smeared some on the chamber hood and muzzle end of the barrel. Then I shot two thousand of the most boring rounds of ammunition I have ever fired, enlivened only by one crap Tula primer. Thanks, Ivan.

Do these things make weight for SSP? Asking for a friend.
    Last edited by Tamara; 11-22-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

CZ P-09 Cajun Pro Package

Pistol: CZ P-09 with Pro Package installed by CGW

Ammunition:
    S&B 124 grain FMJ
    S&B 115 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 9/19/2018 to 10/25/2018

Total rounds fired: 2120

Stoppages: 0

At 2120 rounds I lubed rails and barrel, and have since put in another 1500 rounds. It is filthy, but it still runs like a G-Shock watch.

I have shot 7880 flawless rounds with this pistol since purchasing it in November 2017. Other than wishing it had more texture on the grip, I could not be happier with this pistol.

User Tag List