Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have the bug for a 22

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Have the bug for a 22

So since starting residency life has been busy. Not shooting nearly as often as I used to and when I do I typically patronize the indoor range I joined about a year ago to supplement my membership to a much larger (and farther away) outdoor range.

Since being confined to handguns only (and now being fully moved over to dots), I am re-discovering how much I like shooting pistols. Especially my .22 and especially with a suppressor. It's just silly fun and way more affordable too. Not in any rush but I think my next gun purchase will be another 22 pistol (and probably a second 22 silencer that I can clean ultrasonically unlike my Warlock 2)

Currently have a MkII 22/45 that I had a gunsmith thread for a silencer and mount a 407k on. I'm happy enough with the 22/45 but open to other options. Don't really want anything that doesn't come from the factory without a threaded barrel and a means to install a red dot sight.

Have looked at Ruger and Browning options - any other .22 pistols worth considering? Is the Glock 40 any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    So since starting residency life has been busy. Not shooting nearly as often as I used to and when I do I typically patronize the indoor range I joined about a year ago to supplement my membership to a much larger (and farther away) outdoor range.

Since being confined to handguns only (and now being fully moved over to dots), I am re-discovering how much I like shooting pistols. Especially my .22 and especially with a suppressor. It's just silly fun and way more affordable too. Not in any rush but I think my next gun purchase will be another 22 pistol (and probably a second 22 silencer that I can clean ultrasonically unlike my Warlock 2)

Currently have a MkII 22/45 that I had a gunsmith thread for a silencer and mount a 407k on. I'm happy enough with the 22/45 but open to other options. Don't really want anything that doesn't come from the factory without a threaded barrel and a means to install a red dot sight.

Have looked at Ruger and Browning options - any other .22 pistols worth considering? Is the Glock 40 any good?
    I picked up one of the Silencer Shop Ruger 40179s with a DA Mask - it’s silly accurate and fun. I haven’t done anything to the action yet, it will probably get at least partial Volquartsen stuff like my other Rugers.

https://ruger.com/products/markIV224...ets/40179.html

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hammertime
    I am super happy with my suppressed Glock 44.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 04-21-2024 at 11:09 AM.

Taurus tx22 compact. Is absolutely awesome. Optic cut, comes with an adapter for a suppressor, 13 round mags and can take the full size 16 round mags. I love mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Not sure on your budget but my Volquartsen Black Mamba has a stupid name but it is easily my most fun pistol to shoot. My only complaint (other than the price) is the magazine only holding 10 rounds.

Mine have all been ammo picky but the Advantage Arms conversions for Glocks have worked to scratch every rimfire pistol itch I get from time to time. No dots, not sure if they have worked that out yet.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

P322 fits the bill. Threaded barrel, cut for Holosun K footprint. Mine has a little over 800rds so far, and is fairly reliable, but sensitive to how the mags are loaded. If you don’t take your time ensuring the rounds are oriented properly you can get ftf pretty easily. It’s very accurate and big enough that it doesn’t feel like a toy, but light and small enough that my kids can shoot it easily. I’d trade the 20rd mags for less capacity ones that were more forgiving, but it’s still a pretty good gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    P322 fits the bill. Threaded barrel, cut for Holosun K footprint. Mine has a little over 800rds so far, and is fairly reliable, but sensitive to how the mags are loaded. If you don’t take your time ensuring the rounds are oriented properly you can get ftf pretty easily. It’s very accurate and big enough that it doesn’t feel like a toy, but light and small enough that my kids can shoot it easily. I’d trade the 20rd mags for less capacity ones that were more forgiving, but it’s still a pretty good gun.
    Ditto. I got a 322 as a staff raffle prize at a USPSA match I worked last year. I was planning on selling it, but after shooting it I found it's a pretty good gun so I kept it. More reliable than the G44 I used to own, and it has a threaded barrel by default (which is extra on the G44) and can mount an optic (which the G44 can't).

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Taurus tx22 compact. Is absolutely awesome. Optic cut, comes with an adapter for a suppressor, 13 round mags and can take the full size 16 round mags. I love mine.
    Agree perfect for your wants and needs and just a great reliable shooter, got close to 5000 through mine and zero stoppages that were not due to faulty ammo and I shoot cheap bulk 22 with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I picked up one of the Silencer Shop Ruger 40179s with a DA Mask - it’s silly accurate and fun. I haven’t done anything to the action yet, it will probably get at least partial Volquartsen stuff like my other Rugers.

https://ruger.com/products/markIV224...ets/40179.html

I’m on about month 7 of my wait for my Mask, but once I get it I’ll have a very similar setup.

User Tag List