Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Pistol: Beretta 92G Elite II
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: 115 grain: Blazer Brass, Blazer Aluminum, Freedom Munition Reloads, Freedom Munition American Steel
    Dates of testing: 9/2016 - 11/2016
    Total rounds fired: 2,016
    Stoppages: 6
    Malfunctions: 3
    Breakages: 0

Comments: bought the gun off Armslist in late August. Owner did not shoot it at all and was in a safe for over ten years untouched. I received the gun in late August and had Dawson .115 front fiber installed. Internals are polished Wilson Combat trigger bar, 13# hammer spring, 11.5# recoil spring, and polished hammer and trigger. NO LUBRICATION applied upon receiving gun. Beretta magazines that came with the gun were developing rust through classes and I still shot with them. I will say that all 3 double feeds were with those magazines. 1 light primer strike, 5 failure to go into battery (tap slide forward).

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Pistol: Gen 4 Glock 17 - Date of Manufacture is 07/2014
    Caliber: 9x19mm[B]
    Ammunition: Mixture of Wolf, Brown bear, Silver bear, Remington 147gr Golden Sabers, 124gr +P Speer Gold Dots. Too lazy to dig out exact round counts per ammo.
    Dates of testing: 4/22/16 - 11/4/16
    Total rounds fired: 2608 through my hands; 300 fired per previous owner. total round count: 2908. Interval of 2k Challenge: 720 - 2908 rounds.
    Stoppages: Multiple failures to fire with hard-primered Russian 9mm (Brown Bear, Wolf). No other failures during the 2k challenge interval, but 1 FTFeed with a 10rd neutered magazine prior to starting the 2k round challenge. Otherwise flawless
    Malfunctions: 0

Comments: Works like a Glock. I abused this gun pretty heavily, including tossing it in piles of the really fine moon dust-y sand that lives at my range. No problems. The russian ammo FTFires were unsurprising to me.

Worth noting I installed a White Sound HRED at approximately round ~450, more or less immediately after getting the gun. Have had no BTF issues that I can think of over the course of the last 2600 rounds. If I had any problems, they predate the HRED and any since have been so sporadic as to be forgettable.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Pistol: Gen 4 Glock 17 - Date of Manufacture is 07/2014
    Caliber: 9x19mm[B]
    Ammunition: Mixture of Wolf, Brown bear, Silver bear, Remington 147gr Golden Sabers, 124gr +P Speer Gold Dots. Too lazy to dig out exact round counts per ammo.
    Dates of testing: 4/22/16 - 11/4/16
    Total rounds fired: 2608 through my hands; 300 fired per previous owner. total round count: 2908. Interval of 2k Challenge: 720 - 2908 rounds.
    Stoppages: Multiple failures to fire with hard-primered Russian 9mm (Brown Bear, Wolf). No other failures during the 2k challenge interval, but 1 FTFeed with a 10rd neutered magazine prior to starting the 2k round challenge. Otherwise flawless

Comments: Works like a Glock. I abused this gun pretty heavily, including tossing it in piles of the really fine moon dust-y sand that lives at my range. No problems. The russian ammo FTFires were unsurprising to me.

Worth noting I installed a White Sound HRED at approximately round ~450, more or less immediately after getting the gun. Have had no BTF issues that I can think of over the course of the last 2600 rounds. If I had any problems, they predate the HRED and any since have been so sporadic as to be forgettable.
    Photos.... in case you hadn't seen a dirty Glock before.

It's worth noting that while technically the challenge started at round 720 because I ended up adding some lube to the connector, the gun has not seen real, substantial cleaning since I bought it with 300 rounds down the pipe. It's gone most of the last 2600 rounds with basically 0 cleaning of any kind. Just finished giving it a good solid scrubbing.... it really needed it. Will put another 100 rounds of carry ammo through it to check POA/POI once I get some tritium sights for it and then will keep it loaded for winter carry.

Dirty Glock pics:

Pistol:Glock 17 gen4
    Caliber:9mm
    Ammunition: various standard 124 gr. Gold Dot, +p 124 gr. Gold Dot, Win. 127 gr.+p+, Win.147 gr Bonded, Win.147 gr.Ranger, Gold Dot G2 147gr.,Win. 124 gr. Nato ball, Speer 124 gr ball, various 115gr ball and 115gr. HP
    Date of testing:10/24/16-11/11/16
    Total rounds fired: 2000rds
    Stoppages:0
    Malfunctions:0
    Breackages:0
    Comments: took the gun out of the box added a few drops of Hoppes elite oil. Shot the gun with the 3 supplied 15 rds mags that came with the gun plus 6 additional full capacity G.17 mags.. I wouild to tell you about any issues but the gun ran without issues for the full 2000rds.., no brass to face. Also ran the gun with a Surefire x300 for the last 1000 rds. again no issues.
    Last edited by Detmongo; 11-11-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by victran View Post
    Pistol: Beretta 92G Elite II
    Ammunition: 115 grain: Blazer Brass, Blazer Aluminum, Freedom Munition Reloads, Freedom Munition American Steel
    Dates of testing: 9/2016 - 11/2016
    Total rounds fired: 2,016
    Stoppages: 6
    Malfunctions: 3

... Owner did not shoot it at all and was in a safe for over ten years untouched... NO LUBRICATION applied upon receiving gun.
    Are you saying this gun had not been lubricated in 10 years (as far as you know)?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Are you saying this gun had not been lubricated in 10 years (as far as you know)?
    yup, the seller had it sitting in his safe in the old Beretta box for over 10 years since his purchase of it and i bought it. installed a Dawson front sight, lighter recoil spring, lighter hammer spring, dropped in a polished Wilson trigger bar and began shooting it. the gun had its hiccups with Blazer Aluminum in the mix of my training ammo with the old Beretta mags that came with the gun. those mags even had some surface rust developed on them by the end of my classes in novemeber.
    Last edited by victran; 11-13-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Pistol: Beretta 92F (1989 mfg)
    Ammunition: My handloads-147gr SNS FP, 3.2gr Bullseye, range brass, Remington/MagTech/CCI primers
    Dates of testing: 9/16-11/16
    Rounds fired: 1975
    Stoppages: 2 FTF during rounds last 180 rounds. (See below)

I bought this pistol cheap as a range gun last year. Before shooting it I replaced the locking block, firing pin, FP spring, and recoil spring.

This didn't start out as a test, I just realized that today I just short of 2K rounds through it since I last cleaned it. Before cleaning this pistol in August 2016 sometime, I was just adding oil to keep it running. I cleaned it pretty thoroughly (for me) and lubed it with either Lucas red grease or Wilson grease. Today it had two FTFs in 180 rounds, probably because it's getting filthy and dry. I'll probably just add some grease and see how much longer it goes before I absolutely have to clean it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I hit 2,300 rounds without cleaning my Taurus PT111 G2 today, took 5 trips to the range. Round one to round 2,300 not one misfire, fte, or ftp. This is one badass gun and I only paid 240 for it in Feb. I use mainly Remington umc 115 gr. and some Blazer Brass 124 gr. I am going back to the range tomorrow and put 200 more rounds then clean it. I know there a lot of Taurus haters out there but this is one solid pistol.
    EAA SAR k2p 9mm Taurus pt911 g2 9mm
    Ruger LCP 380 Walther PPS 9mm
    Beretta px4 storm 9mm Sig Sauer P250 9mm full size
    Sig Mosquito S&W Bodyguard 380

Quote Originally Posted by DanPop View Post
    I hit 2,300 rounds without cleaning my Taurus PT111 G2 today, took 5 trips to the range. Round one to round 2,300 not one misfire, fte, or ftp. This is one badass gun and I only paid 240 for it in Feb. I use mainly Remington umc 115 gr. and some Blazer Brass 124 gr. I am going back to the range tomorrow and put 200 more rounds then clean it. I know there a lot of Taurus haters out there but this is one solid pistol.

What type of lube did you use during the test?
    i used to wannabe

M&P 40c
    Caliber .40 S&W
    Start Date 11/1/16
    Finish Date 12/12/16

Rounds Fired: 2000
    Stoppages: 0
    Breakages 0

Type of ammo used: Speer 155gr "TMJ"
    Federal 180gr FMJ
    Last 500 rounds were Federal HST 180gr (my carry ammo)

Pleased with it. Second try, first attempt I tried to use Winchester White Box ammo and it failed to extract a few times in the 1k-1.2k range. I've read similar problems with WWB from other people, supposedly the dimensions of the brass are a little off.

Anyway, 100% this time and flawless for the last 500 rounds with my carry ammo through the dirty gun, so I'm happy. No lube added per the rules, used breakfree CLP on the rails/barrel and a dab of xf7 grease on the top of the trigger bar hook at the beginning. I'm pretty confident in this pistol so I continued to use it as my CCW during the test.
    Last edited by LSW; 12-12-2016 at 09:31 PM.

User Tag List