Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

I think this is the first .22 to show up in this thread, damn
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I installed a .205” tall Dawson fiber up front.
    What width?

Hammertime
    Pistol: Gen 4 G19

Caliber: 9mm

Ammunition:
    Tul Ammo 115 grain FMJ
    S&B 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf MIL spec 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf Poly 115 grain FMJ
    Barnaul white box 115 grain FMJ
    Magtech 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    Lawman 115 Grain FMJ
    American Eagle 115 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ
    Men 124 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ
    Winchester NATO 124 grain FMJ
    S&B 124 grain FMJ
    Federal American Eagle 147 grain FMJ
    Speer Lawman 147 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 147 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 12/19-3/20

Total rounds fired: 2088

Stoppages:
    FTE Wolf poly/Magpul mag

Light strike unknown steel ammo.
    FTFeed 124 Magtech last round in unknown mag
    Stovepipe 124 S&B unknown mag

Malfunctions: 0

Breakages:0

Second time through for this pistol. Still not clean. I had no malfunctions in the last 800 or so rounds which, interestingly is about when I culled the Magpul magazines from the pile and quit shooting steel ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Pistol: Gen 4 G19

Ammunition:
    Tul Ammo 115 grain FMJ
    S&B 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf MIL spec 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf Poly 115 grain FMJ
    Barnaul white box 115 grain FMJ
    Magtech 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    Lawman 115 Grain FMJ
    American Eagle 115 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ
    Men 124 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ
    Winchester NATO 124 grain FMJ
    S&B 124 grain FMJ
    Federal American Eagle 147 grain FMJ
    Speer Lawman 147 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 147 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 12/19-3/20

Total rounds fired: 2088

Stoppages:
    FTE Wolf poly/Magpul mag

Light strike unknown steel ammo.
    FTFeed 124 Magtech last round in unknown mag
    Stovepipe 124 S&B unknown mag

Breakages:0

Second time through for this pistol. Still not clean. I had no malfunctions in the last 800 or so rounds which, interestingly is about when I culled the Magpul magazines from the pile and quit shooting steel ammo.
    This test some think unnecessary but it's great for determining which magazines and ammo ones pistol doesn't like.

Pistol: Glock G17 Gen 5
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: 124g American Eagle, 124g Blazer Brass
    Dates of testing: Nov 1, 2019 - May 11, 2020
    Total rounds fired: 2047
    Stoppages: 2
    Breakages: 0

First stoppage was a dud round of AE 124g early on in the test. It would not light on subsequent tries, so you can’t really fault the gun, but I reported it hear nonetheless. The second was a stovepipe in the last 200 rounds of the test. I was reloading during an accelerator drill and failed to fully seat a full mag. The gun ran over the mag popping it out slightly but not dumping it. I think the extra mag movement caused the slide to hitch a bit with all the accumulated filth. It didn’t happen again.

These Gen 5’s run really well.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Hammertime
    Pistol: Ruger LCR .22

Caliber: .22 LR

Ammunition:
    CCI Minimag HV 40 grain CPRN
    CCI SV 40 grain LRN
    Aguila Super Extra HV 40 grain CPRN
    Federal Premium SV40 grain LRN
    Fiocchi SV 40 grain LRN
    Armscor SV 40 grain LRN
    CCI Velocitor HV 40 grain JHP
    CCI Stinger 32 grain plated HP 1640 FPS

Dates of testing: 2019-2020

Total rounds fired: 2050

Stoppages:

3 FTF fired second strike.
    2 FTF unlit primer. Multiple hits. Fired after reloading round.
    3 FTE star slips over round.
    Sticky cylinder with minimags.

Malfunctions: None

Breakages: none

Name:  7851C6DE-6E12-4319-8AE0-7ED6C394E3E5.jpg
Views: 2258
Size:  61.3 KB

This is the second LCR wheelgun to attempt a 2k challenge in my hands. I never expected this little .22 to continue to function for 2000 rounds, but it did and was still going strong. I got it very hot with rapid fire and it generally shrugged it off. High velocity ammo tended to stick in the cylinder and need a rap on the ejector. SV ammo did not stick. Being more aggressive on ejection on my part may have avoided the very occasional round that slipped under the star and did not eject.

This revolver is accurate, reliable, not ammo sensitive and a pleasure to shoot. Recommended!

Last edited by Doc_Glock; 05-28-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Pistol: HK VP9 with Gray Guns SFAP, ACRO milling by Primary Machine, Boresight Solutions Competition Series grip texturing, and SureFire X300U

Ammunition: Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ (1,455 rounds), Federal AE9AP 124gr (381 rounds), Winchester Q4318 124gr FMJ (155 rounds), Federal P9HST3 124gr+P (85 rounds)

Dates of testing: 9/9 - 10/24/2020

Total rounds fired: 2,076

Stoppages: 2 (1 ammunition-related: Speer Lawman primer detonated and blew out the back of the round, but powder didn't ignite, leading me to believe the flash hole may have been missing; 1 failure of slide to lock back on empty, which I believe has shooter error with a too-high grip)

Comments: This is a late 2014 manufactured gun which I bought new in January 2015. At the start of the challenge, it had 5,945 rounds fired. This was my first VP9 and served as my carry pistol for a few years in stock form before I started sending my VP9s off for trigger work, RDS milling, and grip texturing. Prior to the challenge, I'd only experienced a single stoppage with this pistol in all that time: one failure to eject. In January 2020, I sent the pistol off to Gray Guns for their SFAP, and between March and July, I dropped the frame off with Ben at Boresight for a medium grip texturing package and sent the slide and an ACRO to Primary Machine for milling, refinishing in black nitride, and ACRO installation. Gave her a thorough cleaning in early September, lubed with Black Rifle Balm (normally, Slip2000 EWL is my go-to, but I've been trying BRB on my rifles lately and thought I'd see how it worked on pistols, too), and got to work. Rounds were fired over the course of nine range days, which included two days of Indoor Tactics class at Southern Exposure under Randy Cain's tutelage.

The majority of these rounds were shot from concealment, with a little bit of duty rig work (the Safariland 6390RDS for the M&P CORE works well enough with a VP9 for range use, though I probably wouldn't trust it in a duty setting). As much as I love the enclosed emitter of the ACRO for a duty environment, given my body type, carrying this thing AIWB, it prints noticeably more than an RMR. I use a Phlster Floodlight and I have the ride height set to where the lens of the RMR on my carry VP9 rides just above the beltline, so it does not protrude any more than does my belt. The open space behind the RMR lens is occupied by the tubular body of the ACRO, meaning the right rear corner of the ACRO sticks out a bit more than I would like. If I carried a pistol for a living and did so in a duty rig, at this point I would lean toward the ACRO, both in terms of the enclosed emitter and ability to replace the battery without needing to confirm zero. I do not care about the "poor" battery life of the ACRO. I change my handheld and weapon-mounted light batteries monthly whether they need it or not, and I'd have no qualms about doing the same for an optic. From my own context as a civilian practicing concealed carry, I'm fine with continuing to carry the RMR. I will note that the taller window of the ACRO made it easier to keep the dot in view under recoil, but my RMR'd guns both have compensators on them, which effectively allows the same thing with a shorter window if I do my part with gripping the gun correctly.

Magazines used were all HK OEM 15-rounders, most with Taylor Freelance Border Special +5 extensions and Robar NP3+ coatings.

Overall, this particular pistol has been reassuringly (boringly?) reliable and plenty accurate, yielding some of the best 25-yard slow-fire shooting I've ever managed.

80% frankengun 1911 .38 Super. 1600 round challange.

I put this together a few years ago and have been shooting it off and on but nothing serious. The slide and barrel assy are all Colt. The rest of the parts are whatever I had laying around. It has always been reliable if keep cleaned and lube. I happened on to a bunch of 130gr ball from three manufactures, Remington, Fiocchi, and Aguila. The ammo was mixed together and all of them shot the same so I didn't separate them. I gave the gun a deep cleaning and started the test.

I'm at the 600 round mark and I have had one malfunction. Failer to chamber from slide lock at round 237. If I round up 400 more rounds I'll make it a 2000 round challenge but I'm not holding my breath.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I finished up yesterday and ended the test with the 1600 rounds I had. I looked into getting another 400 rounds but at the current price of $1.20 each, I decided 1600 was enough. At today's prices, doing this would have cost me $1920.00. I really didn't expect this pistol to do this well. I thought for sure it would start choking once it started getting dirty.

Pistol: 1911 80% frankengun.
    Caliber: .38 Super
    Ammunition: 130rg ball Remington, Fiocchi, and Aguila.
    Dates of testing: 1/4/21 to 1/15/21
    Total rounds fired: 1600
    Stoppages: 2 One fail to chamber at round 237. One fail to feed at round 614

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

The new 2 Thousand Round Challenge is trying to find 2,000 rounds.

User Tag List