Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 527

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    So we can see what guns don’t suck.
    And in some cases, what lube doesn't suck
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

  2. #422
    Why would you treat a firearm this way.

  3. #423
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    Why would you treat a firearm this way.
    See the answer above you, and the answer on page 42 by Tom Jones.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 06-21-2018 at 10:14 PM.

  4. #424
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    See the answer above you, and the answer on page 42 by Tom Jones.
    Thanks. I didn't want to dig through 42 pages for an answer that might not be there
    Random nobody.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    And in some cases, what lube doesn't suck
    I'm actually beginning to suspect that much of this test is more dependent on lube and ammo combinations than I would have originally thought. Unfortunately, that's a hard couple of variables to test against without a lot of hard work and lots of ammo. At any rate, during normal operation, it seems clear to me that it's really hard to find a "stand out" lube that is demonstrably better than others, but it's pretty easy to find some really bad lubes. Similarly, there seems to be some ammo that is just downright dirty in ways I didn't appreciate until I shot really clean ammo.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    See the answer above you, and the answer on page 42 by Tom Jones.
    I read page 42. This is like driving your car 50,000 miles without any maintenance just to see if it would operate without maintenance. At the least you'll cause accelerated wear due to dirt and grime buildup.

  7. #427
    Hobbyist JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    I read page 42. This is like driving your car 50,000 miles without any maintenance just to see if it would operate without maintenance. At the least you'll cause accelerated wear due to dirt and grime buildup.
    Oh no. I would hate to wear out a gun.

  8. #428
    Site Supporter cornstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rocky Mountains, but not high
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    I read page 42. This is like driving your car 50,000 miles without any maintenance just to see if it would operate without maintenance. At the least you'll cause accelerated wear due to dirt and grime buildup.
    If you only expect your sidearm to last around 8000 rounds, then that is a legit comparison. I was kind of thinking my guns would be good for 50,000 to 90,000 rounds.
    That is also assuming that you expect your vehicle to go 200k.

  9. #429
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    This is the 2000 Round Challenge results thread.

    If you guys want to start a thread to discuss the the perceived merits of, or lack of, for the 2000 Round Challenge itself, please feel free. However, do not continue that discussion here. Thank you.

  10. #430
    Site Supporter cornstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rocky Mountains, but not high
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    This is the 2000 Round Challenge results thread.

    If you guys want to start a thread to discuss the the perceived merits of, or lack of, for the 2000 Round Challenge itself, please feel free. However, do not continue that discussion here. Thank you.
    Got it, Boss. Sorry.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 06-22-2018 at 10:42 AM.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •