Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Class Review: GPSTC Semi-Auto 3

Can out of state LEOs attend?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Can out of state LEOs attend?
    I'm not sure of the answer for that. If so, I imagine there would be fees attached. However, the 2017 GALEFI conference will be at GPSTC, and we will have control of the entire firearms complex. The membership fee and conference fee combined are only $110 or so.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Thread necropsy:

I attended Semi-Auto 3 again this week. They have changed the scoring system to a total plate count. 95-100 is Advanced, 90-95 is Intermediate, and 80-89 is Basic.

I started out shooting my CZ P10C topped with an SRO. I had a couple of malfunctions during Day 1 to include one on the test that cost me several rounds. I ended up with a 93.

On Day 2's drill session, I had another malfunction; so, I pulled the recoil spring out of my other P10C and shot a 99 with the dropped plate coming on a support hand only stage.

on Day 3's test, I had another malfunction and held five shots. I missed another two...

These pistols were both bought in 2020 and still have the original springs in them. I should have already changed them. I'm ordering new springs today.

Day 4: I broke out my Shadow Systems MR920 which is topped with an EPS.

By the hair of my chinny chin chin, I shot a 100.

This class has been around since 2000. In that time, only six people had cleaned including one person who is also one of the handful to clean the actual Rogers course. Another shooter, who was shooting an LTT 92 topped with an SRO also cleaned it to be #7. I'm #8.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

To the out of state LEO question yes you can, I was just at the NTOA Ballistic Shield course, but you have to bring your own ammo. I was at the facility in Forsythe, it was outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List