Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artemis Defense Institute

You'd be surprised at how much Oceanslime has changed. Remember "Hill Street?" It's now "Coast Highway."

The place is actually pretty nice now. Not quite Carlsbad but not far off, either.

I might be able to scare up some good Mexican food up here near Manassas for ya if you ever come up.
    #RESIST

From one of the owners of the Artemis Defense Institute

We certainly can't be everything to everyone... and that is ok by us!

However, by attacking the credentials of some of our instructors without understanding the mission and philosophy of our company warranted my input.

We are primarily a LEO/military/security guard training facility. That being said, we wanted to make sure that civilians had access to our facility to become introduced to firearms from the novice level or more advanced training at high stress levels that this this type of technology can provide.

All of our "in house" instructors were brought on for a specific reason and a specific market. I assume you would all agree that the tactical training you might be seeking is not entirely appropriate for a 75 year old grandmother who is considering buying her first firearm. We want to bring as many new shooters into the community as possible, and some of our instructors lend themselves more towards one market than another.

Additionally, when and agency or dept. is not using our sims... private instructors from Southern California rent our facility at wholesale rates and offer force on force simulation training to their existing clients.

You have the RIGHT to bear arms...
    You have the RESPONSIBILITY to train!

Steven, 949.305.6586
    Owner, Artemis Defense Institute

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven30127 View Post
    However, by attacking the credentials of some of our instructors without understanding the mission and philosophy of our company warranted my input.
    Hi Steven,

Welcome to the forum.

To be clear, I was not attempting to attack the credentials of your instructors. Rather, a brand new member showed up here, made his first post a glowing review of your company and its trainers, and made a factually inaccurate statement about their credentials. My linking to those pages was simply a means to challenge the inaccurate claim.

I've taken shooting courses from guys with LE experience, guys with Mil experience, and guys with neither. I've learned from all three types.

Do you know Dirt4fun?
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Understood

No...I don't know dirt4fun...but we have had over 500 people come through in the short time that we have been opened to the public. In fairness to him (and of course I am assuming it is a "him") if he came to us with a significant amount of experience after a brief assessment he would have most likely been paired with one of our LEO or Mil instructors. If he came to us during one of our "Open Lab" sessions we hold on Sundays he would have most likely seen a majority of our instructors present that are either active duty or LEO's that might have further confirmed his impression. We usually have a couple of general NRA instructors also present on our "Open Lab" Sundays to cater to novice or new shooters as well. I encourage you to come visit us and see the benefits of our training protocols.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Not in this lifetime. I'll never return to Oceanslime.

But if you wan to meet at Jalisco's in IB, I would do that. Or the hole in the wall behind Clayton's in Coronado I would most certainly do that. As it stands, we are both hosed..... East coast Mexican food......yuk.
    Good Mexican chow near VA Arms. Highly recommended. Get the pork carnitas.
    #RESIST

User Tag List