Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Browning Hi-Power Misses Me

My Browning Hi-Power Misses Me

I woke up this morning with a very strong feeling that I needed to shoot my Browning Hi-Power more. I guess it's feeling neglected. It has been my primary handgun since 1991.

--
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

Looks nice. The venerable P-35 has always had sleek lines and an air of simple elegance to it.

What custom work have you had done to it?

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Looks nice. The venerable P-35 has always had sleek lines and an air of simple elegance to it.

What custom work have you had done to it?
    Thanks.

The gun has the Novak "Special Ops" package. When it was originally done, the sights were the Novak bar-dot night sights. Over the years, the tritium died and I had the front sight replaced with a fiber optic front, again by Novak. The stocks are Spegel and if I remember correctly they are Rosewood.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris

Hi

Please more Picuters

1)Do you use magazines 15rd ??
    2)Do you use Browning HP MK3 IPSC and IPDA ??
    3)As the accuracy of these weapons and the strength ??

Ps. Flick some pictures from the magazine 15 of cartridge

My first handgun purchase when I came of legal age in the mid 1970's was a NIB T-Series BHP.

Amazingly accurate, reliable, great natural balance and pointability. Very close to the perfect pistol IMO.

I've still got it and pretty much retired it to the safe but I'd like to share a picture and some memories.

To me, it's still a beautiful pistol.

As a young pharmaceutical sales rep. for Wyeth Laboratories, I carried it for many years while I traveled through very rural areas in the Low Country of SC and part of Georgia.

I could shoot it well and always felt safe with my BHP.

Help Protect Our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join The NRA

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less". General Robert E. Lee

Nice hi-power Kent.

My Inglis probably misses me as I sold her to fund training. I picked it up for a steal and I used it for awhile before flipping it to fund pistol ammo/training. The gun was really accurate at long distance and a favorite of my shooting buddies who still give me crap about selling it. Really surprised these handguns aren't more popular after owning one for a little while.

I hope I can still perform as well as this particular pistol did when I reach it's age.

Good on you for sticking to your High Power. I have spent a literal fortune on guns and knives over the course of twenty years, and yet I still keep coming back to these two well-worn but faithful friends: my BHP and my Benchmade knife.

I guess there is no school like old school.

Hi power crew up in here
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

It's interesting to note that the UK, Canada and most Commonwealth militaries still issue the P-35.

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Hi

Please more Picuters

1)Do you use magazines 15rd ??
    2)Do you use Browning HP MK3 IPSC and IPDA ??
    3)As the accuracy of these weapons and the strength ??

Ps. Flick some pictures from the magazine 15 of cartridge
    I don't have any more photos at the moment, sorry.

1. The magazines are 13rd.
    2. I did shoot a club IPSC match back in 2000 once. It has been purely a defensive gun.
    3. It is *a lot* more accurate than I am.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris

User Tag List