Thread: Smart Rifle?

Smart Rifle?

Not 'zactly, but they are getting closer.

Texas company peddles high-tech rifle

By Duane Barbati

dbarbati@alamogordonews.com @DuaneBarbati on Twitter

MAYHILL -- The TrackingPoint Precision Guided Firearm is an integrated system that offers jet fighter lock-and-launch technology for hunters and marksmen to hit targets at extreme distances.

http://www.alamogordonews.com/alamog...fle?source=rss
    Deja vu DVC: In archery we have three goals; to shoot accurately, to shoot powerfully, to shoot rapidly.
    - De Re Strategica of Syrianus Magister @525AD

We are diminished
    The Eye of Byron (from Baltimordor?)

I'm going to lose my internet operator's license for that, aren't I?

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I am merely a passenger on the internet highway: I would never dare question another man's internet operator's license!

My post in this case is simply an illustration of the fact that I spend too much damn time around here
    I remembered both of those threads immediately because I'm a nerd; I like new applications of technology; there's a good chance I'll love any device that repurposes Linux... and... guns.

Plus I was blown away when justintime mentioned that his girl rang steel at 760 yards with no prior experience. Wowza!

I can't wait to see this technology advance, especially when it inevitably merges with other tech like this.

Sorry 'bout that

I looked to see if it had been mentioned, missed that. I need a smart keyboard?
    Deja vu DVC: In archery we have three goals; to shoot accurately, to shoot powerfully, to shoot rapidly.
    - De Re Strategica of Syrianus Magister @525AD

I'm all for technogadgetry. If it makes a better mousetrap truly a better mousetrap. But getting hits at 760 with even a moderate quality rifle shouldn't be so difficult as to elude even a novice shooter, if they can control their flinch using the heavyweight rifles needed to seriously AT&T a target.

I watched a young whipper snapper of about 11 (and maybe 75 lbs soaking wet) out in Missouri get first round hits with a .408 CheyTac at 2k without "tagging" anything with a magic scope. He applied the fundamentals of marksmanship, and tagged the target with bullets.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Thanks for the insight, Sean: I had no idea that a novice could be expected to perform at that distance.

I've never set foot on a range longer than 300 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I watched a young whipper snapper of about 11 (and maybe 75 lbs soaking wet) out in Missouri get first round hits with a .408 CheyTac at 2k without "tagging" anything with a magic scope. He applied the fundamentals of marksmanship, and tagged the target with bullets.
    I knew we started them young here in Mizzurah, but damn
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

I've seen my 100lb wife ding steel at 1000 with a .338 Lapua Windrunner and ding steel at 500 with my old .308 FN SPR. I believe a detailed analysis of this company's promotional videos was done at one of the long range shooting forums and it wasn't pretty.
    #RESIST

User Tag List