Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In vehicle DVRs: my experience

In vehicle DVRs: my experience

Blog writeup here. Basically, BUY ONE. The fun in the video starts at 2:30. SFW so long as you turn down the volume as I do yell a profanity after the incident.

I'm very happy with my purchase and would feel naked without one of these in the vehicle, especially after this morning.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Image quality is very good.
    Would love to see some photos of the unit installed in the vehicle.

Is it about the size of a typical GPS?
    What if you had a GPS also, would they both fit?

Thanks.!

Good job not hitting that douchebag. Your verbal retort was pretty mild. Musta been before your morning coffee?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Blog writeup here. Basically, BUY ONE. The fun in the video starts at 2:30. SFW so long as you turn down the volume as I do yell a profanity after the incident.
    I just saw this video on NBC. In their version, you yelled "kitten you!" at him first, then he moved into your lane to stop your reckless straight line at-the-speed-limit shenanigans. They also report that the National Association for Adventerous Cadillac Professionals is calling for your arrest and conviction on a charge to be decided later.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    National Association for Adventurous Cadillac Professionals
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I recently read about these things on the wirecutter and was planning on getting one eventually.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-dash-cam/
    Just looking at the reviews on Amazon, it seems to be a crapshoot whether you get a good one or a knockoff ... Without a brand name to search for, there are a bunch of prices, from $19 to $69... all with the same external appearance...

I bought the K6000, with the main decision factor that it was a direct link to a specific item that was reviewed favorably here. If I could have found a for-sure-authentic 027 or 207, I might have made a different decision, since the form factor of the 207/027 looks a bit more easy to integrate into the car.

For less than $60 delivered, including a 32GB SD card, I'm not feeling too exposed.

Thanks.!!

You know you've spent too much time playing geoguessr when your first instinct is to find the exact spot in the video.

I figured that looked like 29 heading into Warrenton, but initially thought it was approaching from the east on 29S. A little bit of messing with street view, however...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I just saw this video on NBC. In their version, you yelled "kitten you!" at him first, then he moved into your lane to stop your reckless straight line at-the-speed-limit shenanigans. They also report that the National Association for Adventerous Cadillac Professionals is calling for your arrest and conviction on a charge to be decided later.
    It really is hard to peel you away from the channel of Chris Matthews and Melissa Harris-Perry.......
    #RESIST

LL,

The video quality is sharp and pretty smooth.

What resolution was that shot at?
    How is the storage utilization with the settings you're running?

~ Typos brought to you by my lazyness & in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Phrasing!

(Sorry, you know I had to do it.)

But I'm glad you are okay. I see stuff like that most days on my commute. Thanks for the heads up on the camera system, I'm going to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    LL,

The video quality is sharp and pretty smooth.

What resolution was that shot at?
    How is the storage utilization with the settings you're running?

~ Typos brought to you by my lazyness & in attention to detail.
    1080, low. I can get you details tomorrow. It records in 3 minute segments and overwrites as needed unless in case of accident (g-shock sensor).

64 gig cards don't work with this and most other DVRs (I suspect).
    #RESIST

User Tag List