Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB holsters, a pictorial guide

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    If anyone has an AA for a Glock or 1911 that they'd be willing to trade for a week or so for a Shaggy or an Invictus, I'd love to try one out. I'm just too cheap to drop $100 right now, when I already have some great AIWB holsters.
    PM me and I'll send you my Glock AA to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Thanks for all the info. Sounds like the general consensus is that the AA is faster but less concealable than the Shaggy or Invictus, and equally comfortable for the right person.

Does the Archangel draw "faster" because of less retention, or less concealment (giving an easier grip)?

If anyone has an AA for a Glock or 1911 that they'd be willing to trade for a week or so for a Shaggy or an Invictus, I'd love to try one out. I'm just too cheap to drop $100 right now, when I already have some great AIWB holsters.
    I think it draws faster due to less concealment. it is as they say, a trade-off. The retention is very positive.

I am game for a trade. I have an archangel for a G19 or 17.

I would love to try both the shaggy and the invictus, for a g17, if you can swing it. if you only have one to send, I'd prefer the shaggy. G19 for either will work as well.

PM me. This is going to be awesome.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

And jody beat me by 3 minutes.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Looking @ all these holsters and the way they are carried is appealing to me. However, until the "Gadget" is made readily available on the commercial market I just don't see carrying the G-19 up front where the boys are in danger.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Garner View Post
    ... I just don't see carrying the G-19 up front where the boys are in danger.
    Don't worry, the position most people wear an aiwb doesn't have the muzzle pointed at your fun parts. Just your femoral artery.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Don't worry, the position most people wear an aiwb doesn't have the muzzle pointed at your fun parts. Just your femoral artery.
    Very comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Garner View Post
    Looking @ all these holsters and the way they are carried is appealing to me. However, until the "Gadget" is made readily available on the commercial market I just don't see carrying the G-19 up front where the boys are in danger.
    I'm sure you've heard the expression "never holster in a hurry." The full meaning of that becomes clear as you work with AIWB holsters.

Anyone have a pic of a Kramer 1 1/2 on?

A question for those of you who have the Fricke Archangel:
    Would it be possible to add a hole above the front side loop allowing you to move the loop for both straight drop or a forward cant? It looks like it would work from pictures, but I figured I'd ask you guys who have hands on with one.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    A question for those of you who have the Fricke Archangel:
    Would it be possible to add a hole above the front side loop allowing you to move the loop for both straight drop or a forward cant? It looks like it would work from pictures, but I figured I'd ask you guys who have hands on with one.
    Thanks in advance.
    I would have to say no, because the screw is counter sunk into the Kydex on the inside of the holster. This is to keep the gun from coming in contact with the metal screw while being pushed into the holster. If you want a canted Kydex holster then just buy another holster. You could call Dale and ask him if he could customize one for you, but in my opinion holsters made to do multiple things are never good at either. JMHO.

User Tag List