MY AIWB rigs

I have a couple I use regularly...although my primary is the M&P

Name:  KOLBESON TEXAS COMFORT M&P.jpg
Views: 1920
Size:  53.9 KB

Model: Texas Comfort AIWB by KOLBESON LEATHERWORKS
    Price: $120
    Contact Info: http://www.shopleatherworks.com/main.sc
    Comments: GREAT rig! Rides a tiny bit higher than I'm used to, but the draw is smoking fast, and the design does a good job of bending it into the belly meat. HIGHLY recommended!

Site Supporter
    I like the loop spacing & location on that holster, I'd like to try one sometime.

Name:  FRICKE ARCHANGEL G19.jpg
Views: 1847
Size:  46.9 KB

This is just another picture of the Fricke Archangel that Jody mentioned above. I get alot of use out of this holster too...although less since I've been carrying the M&P regularly.

Can any of you comment on the concealability of an Archangel compared to a Shaggy or Invictus? It doesn't look like it would do the job for a full size gun, but I've never even handled one, so I could be way off. How about draw speed and ease of reholstering? What do you think about having the mag release covered?

SLG,

I use Fricke Seraphim (essentially an Archangel designed for use with pistols having a slide mounted RDS) holsters for AIWB/IWB carry of both G19/G17, as well full size M&P45's at the 1-3 o'clock positions. I find the Fricke holsters, along with the CCC Looper, to be about the perfect kydex holsters for my body morphology, pistol type, and concealed carry preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Can any of you comment on the concealability of an Archangel compared to a Shaggy or Invictus? It doesn't look like it would do the job for a full size gun, but I've never even handled one, so I could be way off. How about draw speed and ease of reholstering? What do you think about having the mag release covered?
    The AA conceals well, maybe not quite as well but well enough. It is quite fast, and easy to reholster. As comparing the three (with my Kolbeson holster being very similar to the Invictus) I'd say the AA is the quickest of the three to draw, the easiest to reholster, and the worst at concealing.

My experience is similar to the others here. I have owned the Invictus, the CCC Shaggy and of course the Archangel and Kolbeson. Keeping in mind that holsters are like shoes...everyone's experience is different. The Invictus conceals well, about the same as the Shaggy for me. The rotation of the gun into the gut is helpful for concealment. But, for G19, G17 and G34 size guns, the Archangel does conceal well as the length of the pistol's slide provides ballast for the bulk of the grip.

As far as draw speed and ease of reholstering, NOTHING is as slick as the Archangel. I'd say that's where it really shines in terms of usability. I've also not found the mag release being covered to be an issue.

Does the Kolbeson push the grip into the stomach because of the way the front loop is attached almost around the front of the holster? It does look like it rides higher than the Archangel and Shaggy. That could be an issue with some body types it seems. Somebody with a little stomach pudge might push that holster out over the belt causing it not to conceal well. I had a BladeTech that acted that way because it rode to high and didn't have enough length to keep it stable for a Kahr P9.

I've been carrying with a Dale Fricke Archangel for a little over 3 years now with 1911s and Glocks and they work well for me. I wish I could have some way to compare it to some of these other premium appendix holsters, but I have never been able to compel myself to wait around 3-6 months for a holster. It's one of my major faults. When I want it and have the ability to buy it, I want it now.

Archangel with G17

Some side views. I have a 43 inch chest on a 5'10" frame, so it helps drape the shirt over the waistline and hide the gun.

This is the Archangel with a G19

I have the kydex Kobleson AIWB in the mail, ill post a pic of it when I get it. In the meantime here is a Highnoon w/ straps.

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like the general consensus is that the AA is faster but less concealable than the Shaggy or Invictus, and equally comfortable for the right person.

Does the Archangel draw "faster" because of less retention, or less concealment (giving an easier grip)?

If anyone has an AA for a Glock or 1911 that they'd be willing to trade for a week or so for a Shaggy or an Invictus, I'd love to try one out. I'm just too cheap to drop $100 right now, when I already have some great AIWB holsters.

User Tag List