Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AIWB Carry Question - Pinching Belly and Thumb Scraping Belly

I avoid base layers and go slick. I don't want the extra cloth interfering with my draw or possibly being material to entangle a reholster. It's not cold enough here to need them. When I am cold, I add another layer or two on top of the tee or polo shirt. But nothing is 'tucked'.

When I practice drawing a lot my fingernails and even my fingertips abrade my riblets pretty good. I just say eff it and draw some more. I don't care about blights on my belly.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Wifebeaters work pretty well as an undergarment that makes carrying/repeated drawing more comfortable for me in warmer weather, and don't cost as much as all those fancy performance shirts that have been mentioned above. 'Beaters seem to be more form-fitting and longer than conventional T-shirts, so they don't get as bunchy. Plus the ribbed pattern of the 'beater seems to help wick moisture from sweating and reduces friction than non-ribbed material when driving the thumb down between the 'beater and the heater, reducing the likelihood of chafing.

We are diminished
    Who keeps rolls of singles?

Holy kitten, Origami is a stripper!

(and with that, can we end the threadjack?)

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Who keeps rolls of singles?

Holy kitten, Origami is a stripper!

(and with that, can we end the threadjack?)
    Can't answer since the threadjack is over, so you will just have to wonder whether I am a stripper, a strip club customer, a pimp (duh, look at the hat and glasses), or was making internet hilarity.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by GnG View Post
    Odd post I know but it's the truth. Just got my JW Kydex AIWB for my G26 (got the G17 size) and I'm noticing that my belly is getting pinched when I holster the gun. I'm aldo noticing my thumb scrapes my belly when attempting to grip the gun to draw.

All with an unloaded gun I might add.

I do have a little bit of extra "me" that I'm working on loosing but not that much.

Is this normal?

Any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    I avoid base layers and go slick. I don't want the extra cloth interfering with my draw or possibly being material to entangle a reholster. It's not cold enough here to need them. When I am cold, I add another layer or two on top of the tee or polo shirt. But nothing is 'tucked'.

When I practice drawing a lot my fingernails and even my fingertips abrade my riblets pretty good. I just say eff it and draw some more. I don't care about blights on my belly.
    I think it's pretty much base layer or HTFU.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Why is he tucking your shirts into your underwear...!?!!?
    I'm thinking that would be the creepy part
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

sorry, posted before I saw the /end threadjack request
    Mike

User Tag List