Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AIWB Carry Question - Pinching Belly and Thumb Scraping Belly

AIWB Carry Question - Pinching Belly and Thumb Scraping Belly

Odd post I know but it's the truth. Just got my JW Kydex AIWB for my G26 (got the G17 size) and I'm noticing that my belly is getting pinched when I holster the gun. I'm aldo noticing my thumb scrapes my belly when attempting to grip the gun to draw.

All with an unloaded gun I might add.

I do have a little bit of extra "me" that I'm working on loosing but not that much.

Is this normal?

Any advice?

For me, it depends on my thumb position. As long as I acquire my grip as high as possible on the beavertail area, thumb up, pinching the slide on the lft side (RH shooter), no problem. If I drive the thumb straight down, parallel to the slide, then big skid marks.

I wear an Icebreaker t-shirt; no further problems.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 07-16-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Fingernail clippers.

Seriously, Doc's solution is an only option. In summertime I carry without undershirt, but I put one on for practices. Either that, or get used to scratches.

I am a big Icebreaker fan, too, and wear one as a base layer most days. While the base layer helps protect your skin, it seems like you have to tuck it back in about every three draws.

link NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While the base layer helps protect your skin, it seems like you have to tuck it back in about every three draws.
    People in the know have used a double sided Scotch tape for special clothing needs...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green...Jennifer_Lopez

There are other, less sexier options.

Is an Icebreaker T-shirt just the brand of t-shirt? (saw it on google but.....)

1) Ice Breaker is a brand of wool from New Zealand.

2) I have heard rumors YVK tucks his base layer into his underwear, to keep it from riding up. To quote TLG, "that is creepy."

3) OrigamiAK, has a product in development, that takes .2 off his draw, by keeping his base layer from moving up:

1) Ice Breaker is a brand of wool from New Zealand.

2) I have heard rumors YVK tucks his base layer into his underwear, to keep it from riding up. To quote TLG, "that is creepy."

3) OrigamiAK, has a product in development, that takes .2 off his draw, by keeping his base layer from moving up:

If Origami puts that into production I'm down for three. But, only if it has his profile on it instead of that silly fish.

Typos brought to you by my lazyness and in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by GnG View Post
    Is an Icebreaker T-shirt just the brand of t-shirt? (saw it on google but.....)
    Any brand. Length is more important than anything else. Some prefer merino wool as a base layer, with two best brands being Icebreaker and Smartwool. I actually prefer the latter; their cuts offer more options for me. IB has a strong following too, theirs are a bit longer in cuts. That said, I find that I don't want any undershirt when temp hits 90F...Another option are synthetic wicking compressions shirts like Zensa. I don't like their feel as much as I like merino, but objectively they did work OK even in Arizona heat.

It is summer time, dude, I am going commando, so "creepy" doesn't begin to describe what happens to my base layer. This is an extension into SouthNarc's coursework, deterrence, nobody wants to mess with creepy..
    Last edited by YVK; 07-15-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo

User Tag List