Thread: Remington 870 Bead

Remington 870 Bead

I have a brand new-new production 870 barrel. I contacted Remington and they said the bead "is" screwed in place.

So I guess I'm going to clamp a vise grip on it and spin?

My understanding is two things will happen...it will come off and it will be obliterated.

No problem because I have a truglo replacement. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance from someone who has done this.

Pair of vice grips and a little electricians tape to protect the barrel and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Pair of vice grips and a little electricians tape to protect the barrel and you should be good to go.
    Yup....twisted the bead in half...threaded part still in. guess my $110 barrel with fiber optic bead just got at least 65$ more expensive !

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    Yup....twisted the bead in half...threaded part still in. guess my $110 barrel with fiber optic bead just got at least 65$ more expensive !
    Well crap! I have never had one do that. I have replaced many without any issues.

Most of the bead sights on the "Sporting" line of SG's are screwed in - on the Tactical, HD, & Express line they are press fit. Find someone with a tap & die set and replace it with a screw-in sight.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List