Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how bad do 10 round glock 19 magazines suck?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Up here in Canada, the 10 round G17 mags are common for obvious reasons; I have run them through many hours of training without issue.

My G19 mags are standard mags with pop rivets in them and I have not tried the factory 10s.

Flawless, sub-moa fit and finish...all day long.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Being here in CA I've used both 10 round G19 and G17 in IDPA/USPSA matches as well as multiple training classes and range practice without issue. They are as noted much harder to load the last couple of rounds in by hand but nothing an Uplula can't solve.

It's true that CT rules allow a standard capacity mag in the pistol downloaded to 10, with 10-round mags in reserve. New issue G-19 10-round mags have been fine for me, but I had some feeding issues with older mags. I read somewhere that the new follower design solves this problem, so I replaced all older followers and reliability issues disappeared. The new followers are marked "2183" and a separate, larger "2" at the front edge. They have a flatter profile than the old followers.

-Steve

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I hate neutered magazines; their is NO logic behind the artificial bureaucratic mandates that require their use.
    I do, too. Mitchell, Esq. probably hates them worse than I do, but that doesn't help him any.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

For a few years during the AWB I owned only one standard capacity mag and many 10 rounders and I shot the heck out of them. I had great service from them reliability wise. 10th round was a bear to load. Based on my own experience with a bunch of them and a lot of use of them in my guns, I wouldn't like it but I would probably not change guns over it (ie go to .45)
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I wouldn't like it but I would probably not change guns over it (ie go to .45)
    It's the main reason that back during my G-lock days (which overlapped the ban era) I owned multiple Glocks in every caliber but nine. I didn't buy my first 9x19 Glock until a couple years ago.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I do not like the idea of carrying a larger gun with a neutered mag when I have a Glock 26 that carries smaller with the same ammo load.

That said...It's easier to draw the Glock 19.

I hate this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I do not like the idea of carrying a larger gun with a neutered mag when I have a Glock 26 that carries smaller with the same ammo load.

That said...It's easier to draw the Glock 19.

I hate this state.
    Why can't you carry your 19 with a standard capacity magazine downloaded to 10 rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Why can't you carry your 19 with a standard capacity magazine downloaded to 10 rounds?
    Mule-headedness.

It sticks in my craw to do that. The Glock 26 is my normal gun, but I'm used to 2 Glock 17 round mags as reloads. I'm now using 3 10 round mags (2 in pocket, 1 on belt).

The Glock 19 is nice to carry...but I'm getting by with the 26, so carrying a larger gun with the same ammo load makes no sense to me.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I am in the same boat with my P30LS and living in this state. At this point I am strongly considering the switch back to .45 since it would probably end up saving me money. The 10 round P30 mags are expensive!

User Tag List