Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how bad do 10 round glock 19 magazines suck?

Site Supporter
    I'm switching to the M&P .45 for this reason. I just hate the idea of a downloaded 9mm.

10th round is always the hardest to load with New Glock 10 round mags.
    The included loader helps or the Maglula Loader.

As for the Glock 10 round 9mm 2183 follower: You can call Glock and explain the issue with C.S. They "should" offer to send you a different 10 round follower: [ 9mm3 ]
    * Dont have pics on hand, but I'm sure there are some images of the two and the angle in which the round is angled in the mag.

^ Probably not the best example, but those are kind of like changing the GI follower to Magpul followers in AR15 Mags.

NOTE: Credit - Pics are not mine, these photos were posted by "Legasat" on another board:
    Best pics I could reference to compare the two.

* The updated 9mm3 Follower "should" clear up any hangups with HP. More like a std. capacity follower/feed angle.

I did some checking with someone that knows, and this is what I learned.

The 2183 follower was legally driven, as the 9mm2 and 9mm3 follower out of the standard cap magazine, might allow a 11th round in the mag. The 2183 follower did not. However, some stoppages were intermittently experienced with the 2183 follower.

As SOP, I download my Glock mags one round, just as downloading AR mags, so difficulty with the 10th round going in is not my consideration. Obviously, reliability is. I plan to make sure any 10 round G 9mm magazines get the 9mm3 follower.

As Misanthropist states up here in Canada we've been stuck with 10's for a very long time. I have factory 10s for my 17 and 9mm and other than the hard to insert 10th round (which goes away after a few hundred loads), I've never had a feed problem. Even the mag that was damaged after a double charge detonated the gun works fine with a new spring and follower. I would feel utterly content with factory 10s, but I will admit to preferring pinned standard capacity mags due to the ease of loading, and possible zombie preparedness factors.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

All the ones we tested were 2183 followers--they definitely did NOT function reliably.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I'm sticking with the Glock 26 for now. Likely, I'll find a few grip extending base plates that give a bit more control without increasing size that much.

I'm not really loosing anything with the Glock 26 over the Glock 19 for the majority of situations, and don't want to carry a neutered gun.

I have a glock 19 gen 4 that I've been using with 10 round magazines. Tons of FTF with 124 grn gold dots, ball ammo is no problem. I installed 9mm3 followers and it made the issue even worse. I'm reading online 9mm6 followers solve the issue, is that correct?

PensFan
    If I were running 10rd mags I would replace all the current 10rd 9mm followers with #3 (SP1812-3) followers.
    Last edited by PensFan; 10-27-2016 at 11:23 AM.

I solved the problem by using 8 round HK45c magazines.

Admittedly, I needed to get a new gun because they sucked in my Glock 19...but the problem was resolved.

How many flipping follower evolutions are for these things?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

User Tag List