Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how bad do 10 round glock 19 magazines suck?

how bad do 10 round glock 19 magazines suck?

thanks to the lovely state of Connecticut, I am no longer able to use my normal capacity magazines for my Glock 19. therefore, in order to have any use of this pistol for carry, I need to use neutered mags.

how bad do the 10 round mags truly suck? are they on unreliable to the point I should not even bother buying them, or and I worried about nothing?

please excuse the typos, my phones speech software sucks.

I had some during 1999-2004, and found them to be very difficult to load to capacity. Getting the 10th round in there was really a chore. I'm not sure if the newer production ones are any better.

I thought the CT law was you could use one standard cap mag downloaded to 10, in your away from home carry pistol, but your reload had to be a reduced capacity 10? I bought a few G17 10's to test out for visits to CT, but haven't tested them yet. If I was concerned, I would have the 19 chopped to a 26 butt, so as to use standard cap G26 10 round mags.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I had some during 1999-2004, and found them to be very difficult to load to capacity. Getting the 10th round in there was really a chore.
    I literally could not do it with 10-rd G23 mags back in the bad old days, at least not without potentially feed-lip-damaging stunts involving table edges and loading tools, not until they were well broken-in.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Were they reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Were they reliable?
    As I recall, mine were. Memory is kinda hazy from the old days.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Were they reliable?
    I never had any problems with the 23 mags.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Reaching back to the memory archives... The 10rd .40 mags, esp the G23 were tough to load to capacity. The 9mm weren't as ba but were still pretty stiff. Downloading these to 9rd is prudent if you anticipate the need for tactical/in-battery reloads. Some 10rd mags could be quirky. I recall occasional issues with the early ones but not the specifics. Current production seem okay.

I have yet to find a neutered, reduced capacity magazine that does not exhibit problems.

I did a test a few years back where we took ten of the 10 rd G17 mags and loaded them to capacity, along with 10 standard capacity 17 rd G17 mags--ALL of the 10 rd magazines demonstrated feeding malfunctions, while NONE of the standard capacity mags had any problems.

Fortunately the neutered 10 rd M&P9 magazines seem to have no problems feeding, however, they often fail to drop free, unlike the standard capacity M&P9 mags which drop free with ease.

I hate neutered magazines; their is NO logic behind the artificial bureaucratic mandates that require their use.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I've shot numerous IDPA (SSP Division)and steel (Production Division) matches with stock Glock 10-round magazines in a G19 as well as a G17 over the past year and haven't had any problem with them. As far as difficulty in loading them, I ALWAYS use an UPLULA magazine loader when I load Glock magazines, so that hasn't been an issue for me.

User Tag List