Thread: HK P30 slide release lever options

HK P30 slide release lever options

So, after a few months of training with my P30, I rented a Glock 19 the other day just out of curiosity. Learned a couple things:

I shoot the Glock trigger better, even without training on it. That annoys me, but it just means that my trigger control still needs refinement. It could also be that I can adopt a very aggressive thumbs forward grip on the Glock frame, which I find very comfortable.

I never have issues with the slide failing to lock back with my P30, but I'd really like to adopt a grip closer to what I could get on the G19 if possible.

I know some of you ha e experimented with P2000 & P30S slide releases, as well as cutting down the stock lever. Which did you like the most and gave the best results for you?

For reference, if I adopt a "glock-like" grip on my P30, the ball of my thumb will rest directly in the middle of the stepped portion of the stock release, with the whole last joint of my thumb hovering directly over the entire stepped portion of the release (sorry for the lack of pictures). Will any of the available shortened/slim slide releases let me adjust my grip to be more aggressively thumbs forward?

I believe there is a problem in addition to the length for getting your thumbs in tight. If you bear against the large surface of the slide stop you could also prevent it from rotating that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    I believe there is a problem in addition to the length for getting your thumbs in tight. If you bear against the large surface of the slide stop you could also prevent it from rotating that way.
    My support hand, even resting lightly against the base of the lever, doesn't exert enough pressure to prevent the slide from locking back. Conversely, even light pressure from my thumb on the stepped portion of the slide release will prevent the slide from locking back. So, a combination of a short/thin slide release might do the trick.

I've contemplated getting a set of P30S releases just to experiement with this issue. I have the same problem in that even with L/L/L grips on my thumb can just kiss the release preventing a slide lock. However will the S releases be too short? Only one way to find out I guess.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I ordered a lever from HKParts, cut it off where I wanted it to be, polished the end a bit and put Cold Blue on it. Looks good and I don't have any more issues with failure to lock back.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    I ordered a lever from HKParts, cut it off where I wanted it to be, polished the end a bit and put Cold Blue on it. Looks good and I don't have any more issues with failure to lock back.
    I did the same (although to a P200)

User Tag List