Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Please report back if you do this - I have a new LEM P30sk on the way as a possible G26 replacement, and my plan is to have LTT do a trigger job including GG trigger and RDO if I take well to it.

Of course I'll post my thoughts if I get a LTT P30 LEM. The LTT package has me interested in giving it a try.

The smarter thing to do is probably just add the optic cut to my P30LS, but since I've been out of shooting for awhile, it seemed like the best time to try a pistol with a new trigger system, since I'll definitely need some range time to get back to a decent proficiency level.

Just curious to here thoughts from anyone who has the LTT package with straight trigger and if they liked it better than just the standard HK LEM setup with normal trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Of course I'll post my thoughts if I get a LTT P30 LEM. The LTT package has me interested in giving it a try.

The smarter thing to do is probably just add the optic cut to my P30LS, but since I've been out of shooting for awhile, it seemed like the best time to try a pistol with a new trigger system, since I'll definitely need some range time to get back to a decent proficiency level.

Just curious to here thoughts from anyone who has the LTT package with straight trigger and if they liked it better than just the standard HK LEM setup with normal trigger.
    I thought the straight trigger was a huge improvement over the factory trigger. It felt better, increased trigger reach, and got rid of the flex in the factory part which always really annoyed me.

I went with their “light” trigger setup, and if I had to do it again I probably would have gone with the “extra light”. My issue wasn’t really with the pull weight itself, but it had what felt like a false wall when the firing pin block spring was engaging. That wasn’t necessarily consistent across the three that I had though and was really only an issue on one.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I thought the straight trigger was a huge improvement over the factory trigger. It felt better, increased trigger reach, and got rid of the flex in the factory part which always really annoyed me.

I went with their “light” trigger setup, and if I had to do it again I probably would have gone with the “extra light”. My issue wasn’t really with the pull weight itself, but it had what felt like a false wall when the firing pin block spring was engaging. That wasn’t necessarily consistent across the three that I had though and was really only an issue on one.
    Thanks for the input. The more input I get, the more I'm thinking of getting an LTT P30 LEM as a test bed for the flat trigger, reset reduction, LEM, and optics on a pistol. Seems to make more sense to get a "stock" LTT pistol to try out rather than use my P30LS as a test bed. If I don't the LTT feature set, I can just sell it and recoup most of the cost. I'd be out a lot more if I paid to try it on my P30LS, didn't like it, and then had to pay to get it switched back to factory stock.

As for the trigger weights on the LTT, I'm thinking going with the "Medium" with heavy TRS that is supposed to be 4-4.5 lbs, since that's the weight of SA in my P30LS and on all the USPs I've owned. My Expert 45 match trigger was about 3.5lbs and was nice, especially for target shooting, but waaaay too light for my preferences on a defensive pistol. My only concern with the "Medium" is that the heavy TRS will noticeably increase resistance during the first large portion of pre-travel on the LEM before you get to the wall.

Too bad you already sold your LTT pistols on HKPro, otherwise I probably would have grabbed one.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 01-07-2023 at 08:31 PM.

Now I’m questioning if I have any freaking idea of what I’m doing with LEM. I have a new V1 SK coming, and I was planning on only changing the sear spring for nickeled and FPBS for light to start. I assume it has the light TRS now, and have medium and heavies here to experiment. This may be like giving a baby (me) a hand grenade.

I do know that I really like the GG flat trigger on my v3 LS, and want one in this SK if it works out. But I’ll let LTT do it when I get the RDO cut and trigger job.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

One year in, my dalliance with P30s has turned into a marriage. A P30SK LEM is my daily carry, and I also have a P30 with RDS and a new P30L that is factory LEM. All have GG short reset kits and flat triggers. (I do need to sell off the P30LS.)

I’ve found they just plain work for me with no drama.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm a big supporter of the V1.5 LEM setup on my P30L, using a Medium TRS, keeping all else stock. While I'm not opposed to a flat trigger, I've been satisfied with the OEM one.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

If I should ever ditch Glock as my go-to for everything, a P30/P30SK LEM combo would be the replacement.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    One year in, my dalliance with P30s has turned into a marriage. A P30SK LEM is my daily carry, and I also have a P30 with RDS and a new P30L that is factory LEM. All have GG short reset kits and flat triggers. (I do need to sell off the P30LS.)

I’ve found they just plain work for me with no drama.
    Just bought a P2000SK and I'll admit that this gun is just a straight up easy button, out of box and into the holster kinda gun.

Sights are on, gun is big time accurate...huge fan. Definitely like the LEM trigger, but I might want to try to figure out what type of "V-whatever' version just to go with something lighter. The trigger is heavy but it doesn't much matter because it just shoots so damn good.

Looking at getting a P30 now for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Just bought a P2000SK and I'll admit that this gun is just a straight up easy button, out of box and into the holster kinda gun.

Sights are on, gun is big time accurate...huge fan. Definitely like the LEM trigger, but I might want to try to figure out what type of "V-whatever' version just to go with something lighter. The trigger is heavy but it doesn't much matter because it just shoots so damn good.

Looking at getting a P30 now for sure.
    Sounds like you might have a P2000SK V2, which is the heavier LEM trigger (~7lbs). The V1 is quite a bit lighter at ~4.5lbs. The nice thing is, changing two springs is all that's needed to convert to V1: trigger return spring (#209266), firing pin block spring (#209296).

Alternatively, since the light TRS seems to be sold out everywhere at the moment, #214164 will work. Only issue to be aware of is it's a bit lighter than even the "light TRS". Been awhile since I tried it in a P2000 but, I think it'll take the pull down to closer to ~4.0lbs. I remember it feeling like a more sluggish return and didn't like it. However, springs are cheap, and if you wanted to experiment with a lighter LEM trigger than V2, might be a fun test.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Does the LTT trigger work move the break forward at all on the LEM? I find my LEM and my VP9 triggers to be rather similar. What seems different is where the break occurs. In the LEM its much further back. I think this is why I shoot the VP9 better. It would be great if that was moved more forward for me.

Thanks,
    Shane

User Tag List