Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Unfortunately I couldn't find the medium TRS at HK Parts, Brownells, or the HK webstore. If somebody has a link, please post it. Thanks.
    If you have a part number, call HK CS and order over the phone. They have a lot of parts that aren't loaded on the site.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post839163
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Is there a simple way to remove the existing sear spring from a P30? I tried pushing up and in from inside the magazine well with a small screwdriver as one youtube video suggested. I couldn't confirm that I even pushed in the tab on the spring. Tried with my HK45C with same result.
    Maybe most important question for me, does the nickel plated sear spring replacement do anything but reduce the grittiness felt during trigger pull?
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Random observations after three years of ownership and 1 year of actively shooting and carrying the P30/P30SK.

My wife isn't a shooter and is very recoil sensitive. The VP9 and P30 LEM are her favorite handguns.

Bottom line. I think it's a solid choice for most people. I currently run the PX4 and P-07 now, but would be perfectly OK with the P30.
    Considering this thread was started by Ernest Langdon and you have experience with the P30 and PX4 could you comment on pros and cons of each and if you have comments on why you now shoot the PX4 and P-07 and why your wife prefers the P30 over those options?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Considering this thread was started by Ernest Langdon and you have experience with the P30 and PX4 could you comment on pros and cons of each and if you have comments on why you now shoot the PX4 and P-07 and why your wife prefers the P30 over those options?
    I have experience with all three.

IMHO

P07 is best out of the box stock. My two samples were reliable with all ammo and have decent triggers from the factory. With cgw the trigger was amazing. Light/smooth and a good reset. The size was also very close to a g19. Controls were very easy to reach as well. Best bang for your buck in stock configuration. Can run p09 magazines as backup giving you a reliable higher capacity magazine. Really seems to be the g19 da/sa gun.

Px4cc was a great pistol. Trigger was good without the special tune. Sights worked very well. The gun was reliable after the first 50 rounds. It carried very well and was similar in size to the p07. The grip was a hair smaller and it concealed well from the rounded rear portion of the slide. Controls were okay. Little more awkward for my thumbs to decock. But there are options with levers to change if need be. The stock px4 sucks as far as I am concerned Trigger/sights/and if it’s not a g model make it one. Also has a option for higher capacity factory magazines. Soft shooting from the barrel.

P30 is the most comfortable in hand. Trigger is the worst out of the three. Sights are not great stock. It is larger than the other two as well. Trigger can be made to work very well though. Has da/sa and lem options. Also can get safety model. Controls work very well. As far as I am concerned it is the most bulletproof of the three. Has the best magazines also. But again bigger grip for capacity. I prefer the paddle mag release and think it’s the fastest out of the three. P30sk is available and is a good option for size offering the same setup as bigger brother. Very accurate handgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Is there a simple way to remove the existing sear spring from a P30? I tried pushing up and in from inside the magazine well with a small screwdriver as one youtube video suggested. I couldn't confirm that I even pushed in the tab on the spring. Tried with my HK45C with same result.
    Maybe most important question for me, does the nickel plated sear spring replacement do anything but reduce the grittiness felt during trigger pull?
    I just grab it with needle nosed pliers.

I did not feel the nickel plates spring made much if any difference to a broken in normal spring. But it is good to have spares of this spring and they are cheap so I get the nickel plated.

We may be more likely to get a response if we page Mr. Langdon... @LangdonTactical

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    We may be more likely to get a response if we page Mr. Langdon... @LangdonTactical
    Yeah, that’s going to be px4 all the way....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I rather have David S. take since he is now with the PX4/P-07 and his wife is still with the P30.

I assume both have logical reasons for their choices. No wrong answer.

I rather have David S. take since he is now with the PX4/P-07 and his wife is still with the P30.

I assume both have logical reasons for their choices. No wrong answer.
    With regards to my wife, again she's not a shooter. She's attended one formal training class with HiTS beyond her CHL class, maybe shot 500 rounds in her life and none in the last 3 years since we had kids. She has moderate arthritis so she's recoil sensitive and very sensitive to trigger weight. She hated the Glock 17 and 19 because of recoil. S&W M&P were OK and she liked XD and H&K's. My DA guns werent an option. We chose the VP9 for her and then she tried the P30 LEM, which she liked a bit better. That said, it's sat unloaded in the gun safe for years just in case she eventually take an interest, so take that for what it's worth.

With regards to me moving on from the H&K's after the year or so. When I asked Darryl Bolke why he left the H&K for Langdon 92/PX4 as primary carry, he said something that really resonated: "DA/SA is just home for me." That was the case for me too. I've spent a fair bit of time with striker fired, LEM and DA/SA. I just prefer DA/SA.

H&K just makes a damn fine, reliable, accurate duty gun. I'm not a particularly fast shooter, so the LEM never held me back. I shot it as well as anything else. Mounting an optic is expensive and just about everyone else's DA/SA is better than H&K.

P-09. I haven't shot more than a couple rounds through the P-07 but I ran and carried an RMR topped P-09 for the last year. The ergos work great for me. Needs better grip texture. Unlike others, I found the factory triggers on my examples to be awful, even with a fair bit of dry practice and live fire. The CGW stuff helped some. Some judicious polishing and the CGW makes it very good.

PX4/PX4c. I found the factory triggers on my three examples very usable. The TJIAB makes it very good. They fit me well. Needs better grip texture. Great little guns.

I like both the P-07/9 and PX4 line about the same, and they both check a couple more personal-preference-type boxes for me than the H&K. Since I had the PX4 first, if I had it to do over again, I'd have held out for the Langdon Tactical RDS upgrade and sent all three of my guns to him and been done with it. As it is now, I'm too invested in the P-09 to go back. That said, I'm quite sure I'd have saved a bunch of money and shot equally well if I had stuck with my H&K's.
    David S.

I misunderstood, thought you wanted Ernest take on PX4 and P30

User Tag List