Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    HK lowered the price and they are being made in the US.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    $550 P30 i bought a few months ago was 100% German FWIW

I will update with my LE model coming this week if its German or US

HK lowered the price and they are being made in the US.
    Source on the USA made? I have not heard that, although that was the original speculation when the price drop hit. I'll also note that the USA made HK45s have not had any noticeable differences outside of the rollmarks (although that haven't stopped some of the more... special... forumites at HKPro from refusing to by USA made HK45s).

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Source on the USA made? I have not heard that, although that was the original speculation when the price drop hit. I'll also note that the USA made HK45s have not had any noticeable differences outside of the rollmarks (although that haven't stopped some of the more... special... forumites at HKPro from refusing to by USA made HK45s).
    HKpro discussion.

HKpro discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATS579
    On this point, I was speaking with HK USA recently and they advised very clearly that the USP would not be made in the US, neither would the P30, and that the USP would not see a price reduction. They said that the GA plant would manufacture HK45s, rifles and "new product."
    Source: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...ml#post3138873

Quote Originally Posted by TLOU_Joel View Post
    I emailed HK Customer Service last night asking where the new production of the P30 will take place this year, USA or Germany. They were very quick to respond to me this morning:

" At of this time the P30 will still be manufactured in Germany. "

Anyone who tells you HK has poor customer service is most definitely wrong. They've always been quick to respond to me, and polite. Things may have been different 10-20 years ago - I wouldn't know - but their customer service is definitely on point these days.
    Source: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...ml#post3145449

Now, H&K USA CS has not always had the most accurate information, so who knows, but I don't believe there's USA made P-series guns just yet, and I'm inclined to believe that there will never be, though who knows what the future brings.

Looks like i got it confused with the 45

Looks like i got it confused with the 45

Yeah the HK45 have been made in USA since it's inception or shortly after release if I recall. They still import german ones. I saw ZERO difference when i owned two. Some say the grip texture. I did not notice.

However I have seen that the P30SK grip texture IS different than the full size P30 for some reason

My interest in carrying a DA/SA gun rather than my usual 9mm 1911 or Glock has spiked recently. There's no chance they'll bring out a P30 with a button mag release, is there? I shot a P2000 today and absolutely loved the gun except for that utterly maddening release lever. I could not reach and/or activate it with any digit I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    My interest in carrying a DA/SA gun rather than my usual 9mm 1911 or Glock has spiked recently. There's no chance they'll bring out a P30 with a button mag release, is there? I shot a P2000 today and absolutely loved the gun except for that utterly maddening release lever. I could not reach and/or activate it with any digit I tried.
    The magazine release finger piece on the P2000 is significantly smaller than the ones on the P30 and VP pistols; try one of those before summarily dismissing the HK lever-type magazine release is my suggestion.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 05-27-2018 at 03:01 PM.

The mag release takes some getting used to, for sure. Once you figure it out, it definitely works. I use my trigger finger and have the larger levers installed from a different H&K. HK45c, I think.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    The magazine release finger piece on the P2000 is significantly smaller than the ones on the P30 and VP pistols; try one of those before summarily dismissing the HK lever-type magazine release is my suggestion.

Best, Jon
    Thanks. Reason I asked about the button is that I've seen the SFP9 button release version in Europe. While I'll certainly give the larger levers a chance, I also wouldn't mind the commonality with just about every other relevant gun on the planet either. The P30 checks every box I can think of for AIWB carry other than that release though. Need to get my hands on one, the P2k was the closest thing I could find for rent at my local range.

For those that shoot H&Ks along with other guns, how do you find the transition between the lever and button style release?
    Last edited by ChaseN; 05-27-2018 at 03:08 PM.

User Tag List