Page 65 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Thanks everyone.

I know that HK's in general sometimes need a break in with hotter ammo. I had a couple P2000 V2 LEM's that had issues cycling a weaker batch of Gecco I bought a few years ago.

I just thought maybe the P30L model in particular needed something more. Anyway it's good to know that it's nothing that I'm already not familiar with.

Thanks again, I appreciate the quick replies!

Looking to pick up a p30s. I want the da/sa model. Tried the lem route and it did not work for me. Who
    Has used the grey guns short reset kit and had any success lowering the trigger weight at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Looking to pick up a p30s. I want the da/sa model. Tried the lem route and it did not work for me. Who
    Has used the grey guns short reset kit and had any success lowering the trigger weight at all?
    I’m curious about this short reset kit, too. Not curious enough to buy one yet, but I’ll be interested to read how it goes.

I don’t shoot it often, but I have a P30L V3 with the medium TRS, light FPB spring and 11-pound reduced power hammer spring. It’s is a pretty nice setup with inexpensive and easy to install springs. Doesn’t shorten the reset, but does make the DA more manageable.
    Last edited by DEG; 12-14-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Lowering the trigger weight is easily accomplished by going to a lighter mainspring. I wouldn't go below the 11 lb mainspring.

Other springs you could swap as well, but the mainspring(hammer spring) makes the biggest difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    I’m curious about this short reset kit, too. Not curious enough to buy one yet, but I’ll be interested to read how it goes.

I don’t shoot it often, but I have a P30L V3 with the medium TRS, light FPB spring and 11-pound reduced power hammer spring. It’s is a pretty nice setup with inexpensive and easy to install springs. Doesn’t shorten the reset, but does make the DA more manageable.
    Perfect. If I buy one first thing I’m getting is the reset kit. The p07 CGW was worth every penny so I imagine This should be close. I have seen a couple reviews saying it’s closer to 40-45% reduction.

Unrelated to above- Please do not lecture me on how reset is not that important. I choose to not shoot guns with long ass resets. If I can shorten it I will.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Lowering the trigger weight is easily accomplished by going to a lighter mainspring. I wouldn't go below the 11 lb mainspring.

Other springs you could swap as well, but the mainspring(hammer spring) makes the biggest difference.
    Thank you, I spent a lot of time playing with the lem springs. But did not know about the da/sa setups. I definitely want it to be reliable and would hope around 8lbs DA if possible. I know it will not match a Beretta/CZ and that is cool with me.

The recipe that has been working very well for me is this:
    Enhanced Match Flat Sear Spring - Nickel Plated
    11-lb hammer spring
    Enhanced Firing Pin Block Spring

(I think GJM pointed this out to me as having learned it from BCL?)

I've got that setup in 2 P30L and it's a great feeling trigger in both. It's fairly inexpensive to get squared away with this setup. No one is going to mistake it for a Langdonized Beretta 92 but much lighter and smoother than factory and very shootable. Every now and again I'm tempted to NP3 the guts and see where that gets me. My P30SK has the FPBS and Sear but I haven't gotten the urge to try to cut a lighter hammer spring down to run in it. Without that it's still smoother but doesn't lighten up nearly as much. The hammer spring is the single biggest factor in weight, the other two have more to do with the "feel".

For a dedicated game gun, I might even try taking the hammer spring down 1 more notch to the 10-lb and see if that'd help more. I haven't tried any trigger return spring mods nor have I tried the Gray Guns short reset part (reset doesn't matter that much to me) but that part is between you and the flat sear spring so if you're going for it, do them together
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 12-14-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The recipe that has been working very well for me is this:
    Enhanced Match Flat Sear Spring - Nickel Plated
    11-lb hammer spring
    Enhanced Firing Pin Block Spring

(I think GJM pointed this out to me as having learned it from BCL?)

I've got that setup in 2 P30L and it's a great feeling trigger in both. It's fairly inexpensive to get squared away with this setup. No one is going to mistake it for a Langdonized Beretta 92 but much lighter and smoother than factory and very shootable. Every now and again I'm tempted to NP3 the guts and see where that gets me. My P30SK has the FPBS and Sear but I haven't gotten the urge to try to cut a lighter hammer spring down to run in it. Without that it's still smoother but doesn't lighten up nearly as much. The hammer spring is the single biggest factor in weight, the other two have more to do with the "feel".

For a dedicated game gun, I might even try taking the hammer spring down 1 more notch to the 10-lb and see if that'd help more. I haven't tried any trigger return spring mods nor have I tried the Gray Guns short reset part (reset doesn't matter that much to me) but that part is between you and the flat sear spring so if you're going for it, do them together
    Links and all. Big thumbs up.

Perfect. If I buy one first thing I’m getting is the reset kit. The p07 CGW was worth every penny so I imagine This should be close. I have seen a couple reviews saying it’s closer to 40-45% reduction.

Unrelated to above- Please do not lecture me on how reset is not that important. I choose to not shoot guns with long ass resets. If I can shorten it I will.

Member Ssevens I believe has been rocking the reset mod on his P30s as discussed in his training journal
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ainment-Corner

Maybe msg him or ask in that thread on his thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Every now and again I'm tempted to NP3 the guts and see where that gets me.
    If you find yourself in DFW (or next time I'm up there) I'd be happy to let you shoot my P30SK LEM with full house Lazy Wolf trigger job, including the NP3. It's pretty dang nice.
    David S.

User Tag List