Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    V0 comes with a spurred hammer and decocker, so you could decock it, while maintaining the weights of the V1 (or V3 SA) during normal use, while decocked it has the weight of the V3 DA. An odd beast, but it was an official variant, and can still be found in an equivalent configuration by folks that convert their V3s to LEM.
    Interesting. I haven’t run across that one yet, and I doubt I would care for it. It sounds similar to decocking a Walter P99AS which is actually quite workable.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I wasn't aware of V2's heavy DA pull. I think most of the P-30's here with LEM are V-1 with light DA.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    It isn't very desirable. Think of a long pre-travel with a weight in between a regular Glock and a Glock with NY trigger spring, then with a distinct bump and stacking from when the trigger bar hits the firing pin block and pushes against the heavy firing pin block spring, followed by a heavy wall to move the sear against the LEM cocking piece tensioned with the heavy #14 main spring. End trigger weight when it breaks about 8.5 lbs to 9 lbs. When I was messing with spring combinations, I thought I might like it because I tend to prefer heavier triggers. I don't really like it at all, and this is coming from me, who likes the NY1 and could probably tolerate an NY2 in a Glock. The distracting bump sensation of disengaging the firing pin block followed by a very heavy wall makes it more difficult to pull through smoothly like a real DA trigger.
    I actually love my V2 based P30 LEM triggers. They are all heavy TRS, light FBPS with a lighter mainspring and have GG STT kits and flat triggers so they really aren’t V2.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    A month or two ago, I shot my stock P30 LEM alongside a P30 LEM that came from LTT. I was super impressed with the LTT trigger. If anyone has the opportunity to put rounds through a LTT gun, I highly recommend giving one a try.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I actually love my V2 based P30 LEM triggers. They are all heavy TRS, light FBPS with a lighter mainspring and have GG STT kits and flat triggers so they really aren’t V2.
    Yes, not really a V2 anymore and more like the V-TGS that looked like it was popular here for a long time. Like you, I like the heavy trigger return spring, but disliked the other aspects of the V2 system. My other P30 LEM is currently set up similar to yours minus the flat trigger shoe.

I've since gone back to using a V3 from LTT with an 11# mainspring. The LTT trigger job V3 is probably the happiest I've been with an HK DA trigger. When I detail stripped it, it looked like a lot of the contact surfaces had been polished. If my memory serves me correctly, they strategically polished areas of the trigger bar, hammer, hammer strut, sear, mainspring. It feels just a little bit nicer than my other V3 that lived life as a range rental prior to me purchasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    It isn't very desirable. Think of a long pre-travel with a weight in between a regular Glock and a Glock with NY trigger spring, then with a distinct bump and stacking from when the trigger bar hits the firing pin block and pushes against the heavy firing pin block spring, followed by a heavy wall to move the sear against the LEM cocking piece tensioned with the heavy #14 main spring. End trigger weight when it breaks about 8.5 lbs to 9 lbs. When I was messing with spring combinations, I thought I might like it because I tend to prefer heavier triggers. I don't really like it at all, and this is coming from me, who likes the NY1 and could probably tolerate an NY2 in a Glock. The distracting bump sensation of disengaging the firing pin block followed by a very heavy wall makes it more difficult to pull through smoothly like a real DA trigger.
    I've never tried a V2, but the LEM really clicked for me when I replaced the light trigger return spring in my V1 with the medium weight spring and at the same time put in the light firing pin block spring. The light firing pin block spring almost eliminates that bump you're referencing. Combined with the medium trigger return spring it does feel a lot like a longer version of a Glock NY1 trigger which is what I really cut my teeth on. To me this combination makes the LEM much more forgiving by giving a little more feedback during the first stage rather than the slack airy feeling of the V1, where you then hit that little bump just as it transitions to the heavier final stage. At any speed it feels like a consistent smooth light DA pull, and with a significantly snappier reset than the V1.

User Tag List