Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Or, conversely, it's a great novice trigger, but not so great necessarily if your primary concern is pure ease of shootability. For competitors, there are certainly faster actions, but it's at least as fast, and probably faster than a revolver.

Best, Jon

Good point. My wife's go to is a p2000sk in lem and a red dot. I have her treat it like a light triggered revolver

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Or, conversely, it's a great novice trigger, but not so great necessarily if your primary concern is pure ease of shootability. For competitors, there are certainly faster actions, but it's at least as fast, and probably faster than a revolver.
    Great point. It seems very similar to a Kahr trigger.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    I was thinking it might be a good gun for the quick-access safe, for a spouse that shoots once or twice a year. No chance of limp-wristing it like a Glock. And not likely to fire additional rounds like a DA/SA.
    Exactly.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

I'm thinking that there's a huge, and pretty much likely untapped market in LEM guns (probably mostly the P30 and P2000) (and the SK versions of each too) for non-dedicated shooters. They're intrinsically easy to shoot with their relatively light triggerpulls, exquisite (and individually tunable for best fit) ergonomics, with no safety/decocker manipulations required. It's a market that HK is pretty much oblivious to, with their concentration on organizational users, professional shooters, more experienced shooters, and competitors. To be even more user friendly, I think the only think they might want to add are the grasping ears at the slides that are present on the VP line.

Pick up gun, pull trigger, put gun down/secure gun when finished. And you've got the longer (but lighter/easier) triggerpull for the benefit of multiple partys. Maintenance requirements are low-particularly if you use a low evaporative, non-migrating lubricant, such as TW25B. And even in capacity limitation jurisdictions, you've got at least 10 rounds on board, with a far easier magazine ejection/reloading sequence than with a revolver.

Accordingly, HK LEMs have floated to the top of the list for recommended pistols to such shooters when I'm asked for recommendations or teaching.

Best, Jon
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    I was thinking it might be a good gun for the quick-access safe, for a spouse that shoots once or twice a year. No chance of limp-wristing it like a Glock. And not likely to fire additional rounds like a DA/SA.
    That's where I think the LEM trigger shines, novice shooters who don't practice very often. I believe LEM is disliked by many shooters because of their preference for consistent trigger pressure. I'm not a big fan of the super long 1st pull on a LEM but it's better than a revolver or Sig. I've been shooting Sig SRT triggers for so long I just have a hard time getting used to LEM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    That might be what the market needs, but it isn't what the market wants.

Site Supporter
    There was a P30 LEM that was looking lonely in the used cabinet of my local fun store...given that I've started really appreciating the P2000sk I own (just shot a 1" group with it at 20 yards lol wtf is HK making these guns with?) I figured a larger sized gun would be awesome.

I'm about a decade or so late to this HK LEM party, but having always been of the opinion that "only accurate pistols are interesting" I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's where I think the LEM trigger shines, novice shooters who don't practice very often. I believe LEM is disliked by many shooters because of their preference for consistent trigger pressure. I'm not a big fan of the super long 1st pull on a LEM but it's better than a revolver or Sig. I've been shooting Sig SRT triggers for so long I just have a hard time getting used to LEM.
    Why would you be trying to fire an uncocked LEM?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Why would you be trying to fire an uncocked LEM?
    I suspect that he's referring to the initial LEM triggerpull for the first shot, which requires the complete triggerpull strike, whereas the follow-up shots can be shot from the reset point if desired.

I don't think he's referring to probably what you're thinking, which is the harder DAO trigggerpull which is the default triggerpull if the hammer isn't pre-cocked by the slide reciprocation; e.g. if you have a first (lighter) pre-cocked LEM triggerpull, the cartridge doesn't go off, the slide doesn't reciprocate, then the second/follow-up shot if desired will be the much heavier non-precocked HK DAO triggerpull.

Best, Jon
    Certified Glock Armorer

The struggles with the LEM trigger are overrated. It has a touch longer reset and the pull weight is heavier than most, but the same rules apply. Pull the trigger without disturbing the sight picture.

If you learn to accelerate the trigger into the wall, you'll find it is a lot easier to shoot it accurately.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List