Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Here is a picture of the BUIS site picture. They are LOW.

Name:  IMG_3032.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  14.4 KB

Serious question : why not just carry V3 DA/SA in SA mode? It's not like it's that light or short and I would wager the P320 is much less safe/margin for error and this is riding in the holsters of many cops now. I know the LEM was designed to sort of compete with SFA pistols but really I see the V3 SA mode to be more like a Glock trigger than the LEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I would wager the P320 is much less safe/margin for error and this is riding in the holsters of many cops now.
    I think this is a better argument for not carrying a P320 than for carrying a v3 P30 in SA only without a safety. I wouldn't be comfortable carrying either of those options.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Here is a picture of the BUIS site picture. They are LOW.
    I like that very much! I prefer the larger window availability. Why do you prefer taller irons?

EDIT: Would putting a different optic on raise the profile of the irons? Such as an RMR?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    Does anyone have a good idea of a size comparison between the P30 and 92 compact?

I’ve looked at handgun hero for their comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I like that very much! I prefer the larger window availability. Why do you prefer taller irons?

EDIT: Would putting a different optic on raise the profile of the irons? Such as an RMR?
    I wouldn't say that I prefer taller irons, and overall I'm very happy with this setup. I definitely prefer this setup over BUIS that take up too much of the window. I do think these could probably benefit from being another 1 or 2 mm higher in the window so they are just slightly easier to see without really sacrificing anything in usable window space. The rear notch can be a bit hard to pick up against darker backgrounds as it is since it is so low. Ideally, I'd prefer that to be achieved by lowering the optic rather than putting even taller sights on it, since they are already pretty tall. That likely isn't possible though.

If they were the primary aiming system it would be a definite no go, but since its a back up they work just fine and definitely give a nice usable window for the optic.

I have four 509Ts (2 Glock 45 and 2 Staccatos), Great optics, I started with RMRs and really like the closed emitter, I'm hoping that sometime a U.S. manufacture catches up and makes one.
    Really nice setup.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I wouldn't say that I prefer taller irons, and overall I'm very happy with this setup. I definitely prefer this setup over BUIS that take up too much of the window. I do think these could probably benefit from being another 1 or 2 mm higher in the window so they are just slightly easier to see without really sacrificing anything in usable window space. The rear notch can be a bit hard to pick up against darker backgrounds as it is since it is so low. Ideally, I'd prefer that to be achieved by lowering the optic rather than putting even taller sights on it, since they are already pretty tall. That likely isn't possible though.

If they were the primary aiming system it would be a definite no go, but since its a back up they work just fine and definitely give a nice usable window for the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does anyone have a good idea of a size comparison between the P30 and 92 compact?

I expect the P30 will give you a full size grip. The 92 Compact grip will be a tight squeeze.

I agree 1-2mm higher would be ideal based on your picture. However, I would STRONGLY prefer the buis height you have to buis taking up too much of the window as is more common.

Better to err on the side of too low IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

I have a 92 compact and a P30L if that's any help. If you have something specific, I can check it. Well, except for overall length.
    What was lacking in the handgun hero comparison? I've always found their overlays pretty informative.
    https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...ckler-koch-p30

User Tag List