Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Sounds like a sig dak
    Yes and no.

Similar concept in that it is a pretensioned hammer fired system.

The DAK doesn’t have the long take up of the LEM.

Old Kung Fu saying: There are three LEM variants:

(V1) How I see LEM.
    (V2) How others see it.
    (V3) How LEM really is.

Could not find the video, but this is also very wise:

Last edited by P30; 03-05-2024 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Fine.....I'll give one of them a try when there's free cash for it.

Jerk
    Good news, you don't need much it's like 250 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    LEM is intended to be carried with a cocked hammer spring and a decocked hammer. Just put in a filled magazine, rack the slide, holster. Then the first shot will have a light trigger pull (e.g. 27.5 N for variant V4).

Police officers here in Germany carry the P30 this way (32.5 N trigger pull, they have the V2).

The DA trigger pull of LEM P30 pistols is very heavy, because the LEM hammer spring is very strong (stronger than the hammer spring of the P30 V3 which is DA/SA).

PS:
    Oh, HCM already wrote most of this.

PPS:
    I suppose, @Borderland wrote, how the LEM trigger appears to the shooter (its user interface, so to speak). @HeavyDuty, @HCM and I wrote, how it internally works.

LEM is the thing that keeps bringing me back. I will say it is a very dependent trigger on grip and being locked on with it if you want to shoot it to a high level. For the average user, including my wife, it is a great trigger.

The limiting factor with LEM guns is cost and what you want to do to them.

If you want to make the trigger "nicer" a gray guns short reset kit is reasonably priced and can be installed at home. If you want a new trigger, gray guns has a flat faced trigger. Both will run you almost 200.

If you want a red dot this is a 300-almost 500 dollar ordeal from either LTT or Wright armory.

Jm custom makes good holsters but good luck finding s duty holster for a hk with a red dot. RDR gear will do a modified holster that will fit.

If money isn't an issue and you want to invest in the platform, a couple of set up LEM guns will last you a long, long, long time
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 03-05-2024 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    LEM is intended to be carried with a cocked hammer spring and a decocked hammer. Just put in a filled magazine, rack the slide, holster. Then the first shot will have a light trigger pull (e.g. 27.5 N for variant V4).

Police officers here in Germany carry the P30 this way (32.5 N trigger pull, they have the V2).

The DA trigger pull of LEM P30 pistols is very heavy, because the LEM hammer spring is very strong (stronger than the hammer spring of the P30 V3 which is DA/SA).

PS:
    Oh, HCM already wrote most of this.

PPS:
    I suppose, @Borderland wrote, how the LEM trigger appears to the shooter (its user interface, so to speak). @HeavyDuty, @HCM and I wrote, how it internally works.
    I wasn't aware of V2's heavy DA pull. I think most of the P-30's here with LEM are V-1 with light DA.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I wasn't aware of V2's heavy DA pull. I think most of the P-30's here with LEM are V-1 with light DA.
    Light is relative. It will be around the same weight as the V3 DA. That being said, shooting LEM in DA defeats the point of LEM (although I guess some folks want it, given that V0 does come with a decocker).

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Light is relative. It will be around the same weight as the V3 DA. That being said, shooting LEM in DA defeats the point of LEM.
    I’m confused. Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but how would you shoot LEM in DA? DA is only for restrike or punitive dryfire.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m confused. Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but how would you shoot LEM in DA? DA is only for restrike or punitive dryfire.
    V0 comes with a spurred hammer and decocker, so you could decock it, while maintaining the weights of the V1 (or V3 SA) during normal use, while decocked it has the weight of the V3 DA. An odd beast, but it was an official variant, and can still be found in an equivalent configuration by folks that convert their V3s to LEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It isn't very desirable. Think of a long pre-travel with a weight in between a regular Glock and a Glock with NY trigger spring, then with a distinct bump and stacking from when the trigger bar hits the firing pin block and pushes against the heavy firing pin block spring, followed by a heavy wall to move the sear against the LEM cocking piece tensioned with the heavy #14 main spring. End trigger weight when it breaks about 8.5 lbs to 9 lbs. When I was messing with spring combinations, I thought I might like it because I tend to prefer heavier triggers. I don't really like it at all, and this is coming from me, who likes the NY1 and could probably tolerate an NY2 in a Glock. The distracting bump sensation of disengaging the firing pin block followed by a very heavy wall makes it more difficult to pull through smoothly like a real DA trigger.

User Tag List