Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

I'm guessing they'll be using the Wright Armory dot solution.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Same guess. Didn't Wright Armory do the original PX4 RDO for them using the modified MOS plate?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    That would be my SWAG, too; might work well, too, given their physical proximity to each other. If the i-DOT solution is viable, why re-invent the wheel? Though going through LTT might give a better CS outcome than Wright directly, so there's th at.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Dammit I thought I was done with the P30…

It’s a pipe dream, but if LTT could somehow put out parts that increased the girth of the grip between the trigger and the beaver tail area I’d be all in. That’s my single biggest issue with the P30/VP9, and makes it very hard for me to get good recoil mitigation on either.
    This ^^^^

As a fella who has been taking into serious consideration the change from a 1911 to my P30s, what would interest me would be an upper with a dot system already attached that I can toss on my existing model. I'm already satisfied with where it is at and don't have the need for any additional work to be done to my examples.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This ^^^^
    Considering it sounds like there's some interest (okay 3 of us at least LOL) in aftermarket backstrap options (or something that increases LOP), does anyone know someone we could take this idea to? PM me if you do. Last year I reached out to a few that 3D print various gun parts like base plates, and none of them wanted anything to do with it. If there's someone anyone knows/trusts, I'll drop a grand right now just to encourage the R&D for it, and I'll buy 10X of the finished product.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Considering it sounds like there's some interest (okay 3 of us at least LOL)
    There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Considering it sounds like there's some interest (okay 3 of us at least LOL) in aftermarket backstrap options (or something that increases LOP), does anyone know someone we could take this idea to? PM me if you do. Last year I reached out to a few that 3D print various gun parts like base plates, and none of them wanted anything to do with it. If there's someone anyone knows/trusts, I'll drop a grand right now just to encourage the R&D for it, and I'll buy 10X of the finished product.

It would be pretty cool if LTT made a backstrap like that, and sold it with matching pre-stippled side panels

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    It would be pretty cool if LTT made a backstrap like that, and sold it with matching pre-stippled side panels
    I wonder how hard it would be for LTT to get an OEM to do that. Wilson Combat supposedly used the same OEM as Sig for their P320 frames.

So in looking for info on the P30 I found this thread and I thought I would revive it a little.

LTT is now milling P30 slides for red dots and that may be my next stop.

1911/2011 guy that just picked up a P30 with a Safety, going to the range in a few days.

The pistol feels so good in my hands, it is hammer fired, what's not to love?

User Tag List