Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

I had one of these a looooong time ago when i wasn't into TDA much and noted the reset was long! However, growing up on glocks and learning to ride the reset, is it easily manageable if you ignore the reset ride?

LEM is a no go for me as well so V3 all day.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    As far as your selection of the P30L, I actually meant more specifically why you chose it over the standard 30? Do you find you shoot the L better than the standard like Msparks? Or is it some other factor related to carrying?
    Well, the reason I have the L is because I lucked into a likely-unfired one used at a fun show for new Glock money. I didn't really buy it with intent to carry, initially.

But I've found that a little bit of barrel length is no problem IWB. All my IWB/AIWB Glock holsters are 17- or 34-length, just for the added stability.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    However, growing up on glocks and learning to ride the reset, is it easily manageable if you ignore the reset ride?
    I will be forever indebted to EL for breaking my addiction to riding the reset. Possibly the single biggest improvement to shooting at speed I've had.
    Last edited by Tamara; 01-02-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    I had one of these a looooong time ago when i wasn't into TDA much and noted the reset was long! However, growing up on glocks and learning to ride the reset, is it easily manageable if you ignore the reset ride?

LEM is a no go for me as well so V3 all day.
    I don’t think the longer reset is an issue but then again I don’t ride the reset. Sure, it’s definitely noticeable when dry firing it and comparing it to a Glock, Beretta or Sig. But when actually shooting at speed I have no problem pulling .16-.18 splits with mine on close targets.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Well, the reason I have the L is because I lucked into a likely-unfired one used at a fun show for new Glock money. I didn't really buy it with intent to carry, initially.

But I've found that a little bit of barrel length is no problem IWB. All my IWB/AIWB Glock holsters are 17- or 34-length, just for the added stability.
    That's cool, thanks for sharing. I know you have constant access to almost any gun under the sun, sometimes before they're even announced, so I'm always interested in your input.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I don’t think the longer reset is an issue but then again I don’t ride the reset. Sure, it’s definitely noticeable when dry firing it and comparing it to a Glock, Beretta or Sig. But when actually shooting at speed I have no problem pulling .16-.18 splits with mine on close targets.
    That's impressive! Can you do that with LEM also or just the TDA?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

The P30L is not only my favorite P30, but it's one of my go to 9mms. I've also found it is a great full size carry pistol. It's not too heavy loaded up, it's a smooth drawing gun, and laser beam accurate. I hated the trigger when it was new, but thousands of rounds later I have plans to buy 2 more. 1 Light LEM and 1 V3 without the safety. (mine is a V3 S). I've also found over time it is the flattest/smoothest shooting polymer framed 9mm in my inventory. It shoots as flat as my P226 Legion. Which is a heavier gun.

It's also a tank, almost certainly my most beat on hand gun. I say that with reservations as I don't really abuse my guns, but I run them hard in most cases. My P30L has been through a lot and keeps running. Loves the 124/124 +p stuff too. Great shooter. And especially for the price you got yours for. Lot's of people buy one and dry fire it, or shoot a box through it only to find out they hate the trigger. Then sell them. I've seen a few unfired and very lightly used go for cheap. Works for me.

That's impressive! Can you do that with LEM also or just the TDA?
    Only TDA. LEM is a completely different beast to me Don’t own one. That speed is about the limit of my function. I can do the same with my Beretta’s.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Only TDA. LEM is a completely different beast to me Don’t own one. That speed is about the limit of my function. I can do the same with my Beretta’s.
    Have you done any work to it or is it stock?

Have you done any work to it or is it stock?
    12# hammer spring, nickel plated sear spring & enhanced “light” firing pin block spring. All bought from HK Parts. DA is in the 8-8.5# range; SA in the 4# range. Really like this trigger setup. Tuned Beretta/Sig it is not; but it’s perfectly workable as-is.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List