Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The PF Cognoscenti give a vigorous thumbs down on hybrids.
    That’s cool. I don’t tend to run with the herd anyhow. It’s hot as hell here 3/4 of the year and extremely humid. These things allow air to pass so very comfortable and no sweat on my pistols. Big fan of their product. They largely displaced MIlt Sparks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    That’s cool. I don’t tend to run with the herd anyhow. It’s hot as hell here 3/4 of the year and extremely humid. These things allow air to pass so very comfortable and no sweat on my pistols. Big fan of their product. They largely displaced MIlt Sparks for me.
    Oh I bet the ccw herd buys 1000 Stealthgear holsters for every 1 Dark Star Gear sold.

I took a class called ECQC awhile back from a guy named Craig Douglas who occasionally posts here. He said they never make it through his class intact.

Greg Ellifritz seems to have similar results

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...an-iwb-holster

Are all Stealthgear using clips? I've seen Crossbreed holsters with clips come off the person in 2 different classes.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 01-05-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Oh I bet the ccw herd buys 1000 Stealthgear holsters for every 1 Dark Star Gear sold.

I took a class called ECQC awhile back from a guy named Craig Douglas who occasionally posts here. He said they never make it through his class intact.

Greg Ellifritz seems to have similar results

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...an-iwb-holster

Are all Stealthgear using clips? I've seen Crossbreed holsters with clips come off the person in 2 different classes.
    I use the metal clip option and never had an issue on draws. For ccw and my needs they cannot be beat. Some of the other clip options they offer I would not be surprised if they failed.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 01-05-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I use the metal clip option and never had an issue on draws.
    I was once shooting with some friends and a local LE guy dropped by with his off duty PPS in a leather Galco clip on holster. One of his first draws of the night and the holster stayed on the gun during the draw. Said it'd never happened before. I assume the ever so slight nervousness in shooting in front of strangers gave him a little adrenaline boost which made his draw different than normal.

I was once shooting with some friends and a local LE guy dropped by with his off duty PPS in a leather Galco clip on holster. One of his first draws of the night and the holster stayed on the gun during the draw. Said it'd never happened before. I assume the ever so slight nervousness in shooting in front of strangers gave him a little adrenaline boost which made his draw different than normal.
    I don’t use Galco holsters, of any kind. You don’t sound like someone who has used my mentioned rig neither. The great thing about draws is you don’t need a class, or even a range. Like dry firing, you can do it thousands of times for free at home. You can do as many reps as your stamina will allow. One should always test their rig. Rip that pistol out of there with your best might. I’ve used the Onyx now called the Ventacore for years now, multiple platforms to boot. I’ve never had an instance as you describe with your buddy using a Galco. But then again I know what clips work and what don’t. As far as the Cognoscenti, sorry that doesn’t intimidate me in the slightest. I use what works best for my needs and don’t much care what everyone else is doing. For 25 years I’ve heard this and that story. I edc’d a 239 in 357sig for over a decade straight. My LE friends would heckle about “not enough capacity” for them, etc, and to just buy a 19. Off duty today they carry 43’s. I’ve told them to break out the windex and shine that mirror good.

Blanket statements are lame too. Never cared much for that game Operation neither. The wind will blow a different direction and you’ll get a new story. These days it’s a 19 and AIWB. To that I say let them eat cake.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 01-06-2018 at 02:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    Pistol-Forum reacts to the price drop:

Name:  E4153EF7-530A-4111-8263-8F54E6C67D37.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  66.6 KB

HKPro reacts to the price drop:

Name:  912EA33E-5F77-4771-AA82-3EA0D13BB1BC.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  50.9 KB

Looks like I picked a good time last month to trade in my VP9; got $400 for it. I would guess it would be less now.

Wow those are great prices on HKs.

Not sure HK is going to do much crying. I'm willing to bet their sales will go up as a result. Whether that increase is enough to cover the price cut, I have no idea, but I'm going to assume (again with that caveat) that they're not selling the P30/HK45 for BELOW production costs.

also, P30 price dropped another $3 over on the one seller... so now $550.67
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    I think this will push me over the edge to trying a LEM trigger. Question though, I think in the past the p2000 in 9mm was the generally recommended 'beginner HK' for CC due to size and price. With the price drops of the P30 has this changed?

Personally, I'd stick with the P30. But I'm totally biased and I had a bad experience with my P2000. (i'll link the post I had on it, if I can find it.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List