Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I finally got a chance to get to the range to try out my LTT P30 with Holosun 509Tx2, and I'm in love. I put about 200 rounds through it and by the end of the range session I was seeing similar drill times and split times as I saw with my Glocks, but with increased accuracy.

I'm really surprised how much I like the 509T. The glass quality really isn't as good as a P2, but you definitely don't notice that while shooting. The bezels around the window are much thinner on the Holosun and that is very noticeable when shooting. If the Holosun proves to be as durable as a P2, I think it will become my preferred optic.

I had one failure - an underpowered Federal HST 147 that fired but failed to cycle the slide. I had another round from this ammo purchase that resulted in a squib a few months ago, so now I'm not sure if I can trust any of it.
    For what it is worth. I have a 509T on a G19 that is at 30k+ rounds and going strong. My favorite optic overall even though I edc a eps carry now, I miss the 509T

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post

The inside trigger guard trench that was designed to make sure your gloves don't cause issues tears up my fingers. The one pistol I have at Lone Wolf is taking that "feature" out, called the Vickers Mod.
    I’m curious what that entails - filling or recontouring. I’m suspicious of that part myself but haven’t taken the gun out yet.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Let me know how you like the straight trigger in double action. I really like mine for LEM, but I don't think it would work for me for double action.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I briefly played around with a P226 with GrayGuns straight trigger last year and I didn’t have any issues. I’ll report back.
    I can’t leave well enough alone, so I installed the GG trigger and short reset kit plus various springs yesterday. Yeah, I should have waited until I tested the pistol but I was stuck on a long, boring work call…

Initial impressions of the straight trigger are favorable with absolutely no positioning or reach issues at all. I installed a 12# mainspring, and want to try an 11# since the DA is still on the heavy side. Compared to my LTT 92 Elite, the DA is horrid - but I think it’s workable.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

After working with my new P30LS v3 for a few sessions, I think I want to convert it to LEM. The v3’s DA really isn’t great.
    Ken

After working with my new P30LS v3 for a few sessions, I think I want to convert it to LEM. The v3’s DA really isn’t great.
    Been looking to find a one-stop shop for the “kit” to experiment with a used P30 I picked up cheap.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

V3 DA gets a lot better with an HK USP Match Hammer spring (11lb; you can order an aftermarket one from Lazy Wolf or HKParts..USP, P30, etc all use the same hammer spring), the factory light firing pin block spring, and if you really want you can put in a lighter trigger return spring (there's two lighter versions to choose from, starting from the factory one)...all of which should lighten up the DA pull while keeping factory spring values and not stepping into aftermarket way light springs or anything.

Also done without taking sandpaper, files, or any abrasive substances to any of the internals, either.

Finding a factory USP Match hammer spring can be a little thin at times though so the Lazy Wolf spring is a good substitute, and it's what's in mine right now. No problems with probably 2k rounds of Speer Lawman, Winchester, Remington, and all kinds of other factory 124 and 147gr through it, not to mention probably around 250-300 rounds of HST 147 and 124+P through it (ammo's expensive these days!)

Since all the factory guns use all the same springs (or spring weights, for the things that can't fit the same physical size of spring), it's generally pretty safe to pick from the HK catalog of springs and start mixing and matching. I'm sure there's a few edge cases, but hammer springs are pretty universal and I wouldn't suspect there'd be any issues lurking with changing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    V3 DA gets a lot better with an HK USP Match Hammer spring (11lb; you can order an aftermarket one from Lazy Wolf or HKParts..USP, P30, etc all use the same hammer spring), the factory light firing pin block spring, and if you really want you can put in a lighter trigger return spring (there's two lighter versions to choose from, starting from the factory one)...all of which should lighten up the DA pull while keeping factory spring values and not stepping into aftermarket way light springs or anything.

Also done without taking sandpaper, files, or any abrasive substances to any of the internals, either.

Finding a factory USP Match hammer spring can be a little thin at times though so the Lazy Wolf spring is a good substitute, and it's what's in mine right now. No problems with probably 2k rounds of Speer Lawman, Winchester, Remington, and all kinds of other factory 124 and 147gr through it, not to mention probably around 250-300 rounds of HST 147 and 124+P through it (ammo's expensive these days!)

Since all the factory guns use all the same springs (or spring weights, for the things that can't fit the same physical size of spring), it's generally pretty safe to pick from the HK catalog of springs and start mixing and matching. I'm sure there's a few edge cases, but hammer springs are pretty universal and I wouldn't suspect there'd be any issues lurking with changing that.
    Mine does have all of that except a 12# instead of 11#. Do you think that would make much difference?
    Ken

work-P30L w XS R3D night sights which some of you might want to consider (my codename would save you $). V3 standard DA/SA would have probably preferred it be Light LEM. Would changing just the Hammer Spring be enough of a difference (and #11 or better #12 to make sure utter reliability with Euro/Nato/M1152 as well as top jhps?) Or does an entire Grey Guns kit be needed? I won't risk doing myself so would need to pay a gunsmith that does my night sight installs to do it so there is some money involved (though he only charges $20 to swap sites so very fair). Even though many do I believe...changing a DA/SA decocker to light LEM is still not recommended by HK correct...or been done so much not a big deal you just got a decocker button on the back for no reason? How big a deal is that or am I wrong about that?

Suggestions, should I just get a Hammer Spring to change and enough difference to make a difference? Is also doing the Trigger Return Spring more involved longer time to pay someone to do, with only a little extra benefit? Is Grey Guns kit that much better than just doing the Hammer Spring swap?
    Thank you for any advise.

Why p30L? Recoil control, and Reliability, even if I go dumb/busy and don't Lube it every 3 months at least.

Also, Polygonal High Quality FAST barrels=Velocity...9bple, Underwood 124 +p+ Gold Dots, and M1152 Military Ball all should be in the 1330-1375 range which is damb impressive in a 9mm pistol which will handle that recoil and durability just fine.

SOLD-P30S...because having safety for carry just bugged me always feeling need to make sure safety was not on, when I get older I may go full time LW Commander only but not while I am switching carries up too much. Figured P2000 would be better for CCW anyways if desired & it's lighter than that or other DA/SA ccw options.
    Last edited by DanTheWolfman; 12-25-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Getting back into regular shooting after a three year hiatus and saw the optic ready LTT P30.

I was initially just planning to get the optic cut on my P30LS, but must say I've always wanted to try LEM and am thinking of just ordering a complete pistol.

Anyone have experience with the LTT LEM trigger mods? I'm looking at getting the LEM with heavy TRS and flat Gray Guns trigger that LTT lists as between 4-4.5lbs (my preferred weight). I'm not a trigger snob by an means and find the SA on my P30LS perfectly useable, but wouldn't mind a shorter reset and a crisper "wall" to push through (like on my USP45 Tactical).

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Getting back into regular shooting after a three year hiatus and saw the optic ready LTT P30.

I was initially just planning to get the optic cut on my P30LS, but must say I've always wanted to try LEM and am thinking of just ordering a complete pistol.

Anyone have experience with the LTT LEM trigger mods? I'm looking at getting the LEM with heavy TRS and flat Gray Guns trigger that LTT lists as between 4-4.5lbs (my preferred weight). I'm not a trigger snob by an means and find the SA on my P30LS perfectly useable, but wouldn't mind a shorter reset and a crisper "wall" to push through (like on my USP45 Tactical).
    Please report back if you do this - I have a new LEM P30sk on the way as a possible G26 replacement, and my plan is to have LTT do a trigger job including GG trigger and RDO if I take well to it.

I’m also converting my current P30LS to LEM, the last parts should be here today. I have the GG trigger and SRT in it now, but I haven’t been able to fall in love with the DA although the SA is nice. I also have to admit being curious about how having a decocker on LEM will be in actual use - I’m hoping it will be like my P99c where you can completely decock the pistol or not. If this works out it will get a LTT RDO cut at some point.
    Ken

User Tag List