Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

I had owned a P30 V1 several years ago, and sold it. I took a chance and picked up another one recently, and put in the light trigger return spring, light hammer spring, and light FPS spring, thinking they might be the difference maker I needed to like this gun and shoot it well. Configured this way, It is better than I remember it but still not my cup of tea. Oh well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    I had owned a P30 V1 several years ago, and sold it. I took a chance and picked up another one recently, and put in the light trigger return spring, light hammer spring, and light FPS spring, thinking they might be the difference maker I needed to like this gun and shoot it well. Configured this way, It is better than I remember it but still not my cup of tea. Oh well.
    The HK short reset kit makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    The HK short reset kit makes a big difference.
    This. Also, I do a lot of work with DA revolvers so that first shot never bothers me. For me, the P30 L is a bit of a laserbeam.

Hk LEM is a compromise for sure. It is a really safe trigger system but it is its own beast.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Hk LEM is a compromise for sure. It is a really safe trigger system but it is its own beast.
    It requires a bit of shooter commitment, but it is hardware tunable for trigger tension and reset; the shooter needs time on it for software tuning...

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    It requires a bit of shooter commitment, but it is hardware tunable for trigger tension and reset; the shooter needs time on it for software tuning...

Best, Jon
    It does but I can software tune a shooter for a different trigger type much quicker than a lem. It's not a novices trigger for sure.

I can see the advantages of the LEM system, which is why I picked one up again a decade after putting my last one down. Unfortunately, it is so different from the Berettas, CZs, Glocks, and M&P’s I shoot, that it really has a steep learning curve for me.

It's primary advantage in my opinion is as a true duty/defensive pistol, where it provides the additional time to get off the trigger if situationally loud noises aren't desirable, and that when re-holstering, you do just that-no decocking or safety activations or other manipulations required.

Similar to a light revolver pull. So much so, I had HK increase the kickback/pull weight on my trigger return spring by substituting a medium-weight one, which is perfect for me.

Best, Jon
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    It does but I can software tune a shooter for a different trigger type much quicker than a lem. It's not a novices trigger for sure.
    Or, conversely, it's a great novice trigger, but not so great necessarily if your primary concern is pure ease of shootability. For competitors, there are certainly faster actions, but it's at least as fast, and probably faster than a revolver.

Best, Jon
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Or, conversely, it's a great novice trigger, but not so great necessarily if your primary concern is pure ease of shootability. For competitors, there are certainly faster actions, but it's at least as fast, and probably faster than a revolver.

Best, Jon
    I was thinking it might be a good gun for the quick-access safe, for a spouse that shoots once or twice a year. No chance of limp-wristing it like a Glock. And not likely to fire additional rounds like a DA/SA.

User Tag List