Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    I have a 92 compact and a P30L if that's any help. If you have something specific, I can check it. Well, except for overall length.
    What was lacking in the handgun hero comparison? I've always found their overlays pretty informative.
    https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...ckler-koch-p30

Thank you. It’s a great tool, but I guess I wanted a more exact feel of how they carry IWB or AIWB.

At a USPSA match last weekend, I had the opportunity to dryfire a @LangdonTactical P30 light LEM with a Holosun 507 ACSS. I was VERY impressed and surprised by the excellent trigger pull and reset. Weight was approx 4#, and the trigger reset was almost as short as on a CZ. This hammer-fired HK had a significantly better trigger than any stock Glock I've shot, and comparable to a p320 or p365. Honestly, I don't see the point of a DA/SA HK when the LEM action can be this good.

For his first USPSA match, shooting CO from AIWB with 17 round mags, the P30 shooter did ok. I wouldn't choose the Langdon P30 LEM for competition, but I would carry one and I don't give that endorsement lightly.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Here is a picture of the BUIS site picture. They are LOW.

Attachment 95944
    I think that is perfect!

I must be nuts. Certifiable.

With a grand total of ten minutes spent handing a used P30, I just ordered a P30LS, extra magazines, GrayGuns short reset kit and straight trigger and a spring kit. I also have an OWB2 and mag carrier on the way.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

With a grand total of ten minutes spent handing a used P30, I just ordered a P30LS, extra magazines, GrayGuns short reset kit and straight trigger and a spring kit. I also have an OWB2 and mag carrier on the way.
    Let me know how you like the straight trigger in double action. I really like mine for LEM, but I don't think it would work for me for double action.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Let me know how you like the straight trigger in double action. I really like mine for LEM, but I don't think it would work for me for double action.
    I briefly played around with a P226 with GrayGuns straight trigger last year and I didn’t have any issues. I’ll report back.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

Among the general population, yes, 9.3 on the certifiable scale.

On the P-F certifiable scale? Gonna say 2.7.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Among the general population, yes, 9.3 on the certifiable scale.

On the P-F certifiable scale? Gonna say 2.7.

Sadly true.
    Ken

I finally got a chance to get to the range to try out my LTT P30 with Holosun 509Tx2, and I'm in love. I put about 200 rounds through it and by the end of the range session I was seeing similar drill times and split times as I saw with my Glocks, but with increased accuracy.

I'm really surprised how much I like the 509T. The glass quality really isn't as good as a P2, but you definitely don't notice that while shooting. The bezels around the window are much thinner on the Holosun and that is very noticeable when shooting. If the Holosun proves to be as durable as a P2, I think it will become my preferred optic.

I had one failure - an underpowered Federal HST 147 that fired but failed to cycle the slide. I had another round from this ammo purchase that resulted in a squib a few months ago, so now I'm not sure if I can trust any of it.

I recently picked up a P30sk and P30L both safety models (1911 guy). I can fire the P30sk just as well as the P30L, pretty crazy. The 13 and 15rd ext mags that I have for the P30sk really pinch my finger but the 10rd finger ext works fine.

I have a P30 at Lone Wolf for trigger work and then off to Langdon for red dot slide work.

Two things I'm working on is with the Luminous Sights, not a fan of CCW carry, and new sights are on order.

The inside trigger guard trench that was designed to make sure your gloves don't cause issues tears up my fingers. The one pistol I have at Lone Wolf is taking that "feature" out, called the Vickers Mod.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List