Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    We kinda/sorta have something like that. The trigger on the G3 series is SA/DA (note the order) where the first shot is SA-ish, but there’s a lot of slack to pull through first.
    Fine.....I'll give one of them a try when there's free cash for it.

Jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm not sure what the question is.

LEM is just a light DA trigger that transitions to a SA after the first shot. It gets cocked with the slide putting a round into battery just like a normal DA/SA pistol. With a Sig you decock to holster. No decocker on a LEM. Pretty simple. It's weird but a very good design. Leave it to HK to give us something nobody understands or wants and costs more to boot.

https://youtu.be/-k6CF-CWkfU

I didn't want a V1 when I ordered it, but my dealer didn't ask what version I wanted. I got a V1. Buying and selling pistols in this state is a nightmare so I just kept it. He wouldn't return it.
    There is no transition. It’s consistent shot to shot, the user can choose to ride the reset or shoot it like a DA revolver.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    There is no transition. It’s consistent shot to shot, the user can choose to ride the reset or shoot it like a DA revolver.
    Still missing the point. The reset isn't the same trigger. The pull is much shorter.

Of course one can let the reset go to DA, but why, unless you're holstering the gun.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Still missing the point. The reset isn't the same trigger. The pull is much shorter.

Of course one can let the reset go to DA, but why, unless you're holstering the gun.
    You don't decock a LEM trigger, which makes every pull the same after it is loaded.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter

Smile

No.

@HeavyDuty is correct.

I don’t know what you are thinking of or describing, but it is not the HK LEM trigger system.

LEM is a “pre-tensioned” hammer fired system with a long take up without any actual resistance before reaching the actual trigger pull.

It is “cocked” or “pre-tensioned” when you chamber the first round and provides the same trigger pull from the first round through the last.

The take up is not a “double action” as is neither cocks or releases a hammer or striker. It only exists due to a theory that length of trigger pull is more significant than weight in minimizing negligent discharges.

The only “DA” function in LEM is a second strike capability in the event a round fails to fire but one cannot “decock” or “select” it manually.

Have you actually used or shot an LEM trigger or are you just misunderstanding the lucky gunner video you linked ?
    Last edited by HCM; 03-04-2024 at 11:49 PM.

I shoot my striker fired pistols more accurately when shooting for time, but the LEM is capable of crisp trigger pulls and good accuracy from a rest once you get to the wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Sounds like a sig dak

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No.

@HeavyDuty is correct.

I don’t know what you are thinking of or describing, but it is not the HK LEM trigger system.

LEM is a “pre-tensioned” hammer fired system with a long take up without any actual resistance before reaching the actual trigger pull.

It is “cocked” or “pre-tensioned” when you chamber the first round and provides the same trigger pull from the first round through the last.

The take up is not a “double action” as is neither cocks or releases a hammer or striker. It only exists due to a theory that length of trigger pull is more significant than weight in minimizing negligent discharges.

The only “DA” function in LEM is a second strike capability in the event a round fails to fire but one cannot “decock” or “select” it manually.

Have you actually used or shot an LEM trigger or are you just misunderstanding the lucky gunner video you linked ?

As a user of LEM, for maybe the last 50k rounds I've developed a reflexive response to various impressions.

Shooter: Wow, that's the dumbest thing ever!
    Me: Yes it is.

Shooter: Wow, that's crisp.
    Me: Yes it is.

Shooter: I can't shoot that worth a crap.
    Me: I see that.

Shooter: That is different, probably takes a mag or so to get used to.
    Me: It can.

My favorite, which has happened twice:

Someone who just got beat at a competition, who has more money than sense, still trying to justify their poor choice in equipment: Wow, you'd probably shoot better if you picked up (xyz).
    Me: If so, you would have lost by a larger margin. (Said with a smile).
    Shooter: Gets pissed and walks away.
    Taking a break from social media.

Back when I was more active on the USPSA circuit, some of the best shooters of the day told me you should come off the trigger for each shot. When I adopted that, trigger return became of more importance than trigger reset. At that point, LEM became less appealing to me.

LEM is just a light DA trigger that transitions to a SA after the first shot.
    LEM is intended to be carried with a cocked hammer spring and a decocked hammer. Just put in a filled magazine, rack the slide, holster. Then the first shot will have a light trigger pull (e.g. 27.5 N for variant V4).

Police officers here in Germany carry the P30 this way (32.5 N trigger pull, they have the V2).

The DA trigger pull of LEM P30 pistols is very heavy, because the LEM hammer spring is very strong (stronger than the hammer spring of the P30 V3 which is DA/SA).

PS:
    Oh, HCM already wrote most of this.

PPS:
    I suppose, @Borderland wrote, how the LEM trigger appears to the shooter (its user interface, so to speak). @HeavyDuty, @HCM and I wrote, how it internally works.
    Last edited by P30; 03-05-2024 at 08:12 AM.

User Tag List