Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Picked up the new $600 P30 from my FFL today. Can't wait to get back into that V1 LEM goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Appreciate it, duly noted!
    FWIW, I haven't experienced any concealability improvement with the wing claw either. Doesn't hurt, but doesn't help me either. YMMV, and all that.
    David S.

Ok, thanks guys, I'm weak and I caved. Bought a P30sk LEM for 529 shipped.
    I hadn't heard anything in quite some time, but was there ever any consensus from the HK gurus here about what pinky extensions are good to go for the P30sk? I know there's factory +0, as well as HKParts +0, +1, and +2 extensions. Anything good bad or indifferent? For the +1 or +2s, does one need to get a different magazine spring to still have reliability? Thanks for any input

I hadn't heard anything in quite some time, but was there ever any consensus from the HK gurus here about what pinky extensions are good to go for the P30sk? I know there's factory +0, as well as HKParts +0, +1, and +2 extensions. Anything good bad or indifferent? For the +1 or +2s, does one need to get a different magazine spring to still have reliability? Thanks for any input
    I use the HKparts.net +1 and +2 extensions with both my VP9SK and my P30SK.
    In the +1's I use the factory 10 round springs.
    In the +2's I use P2000 13 round springs.
    They've been 100% reliable and I have no problem using the +2 as my carry mag.
    During installation just make sure the spring doesn't curl over and bind up, I also use a dab of clear nail polish on the set screws to keep them from vibrating loose.
    With the P30SK I do occasionally get palm/finger pinch from the extensions when I'm doing slow, deliberate precision "bullseye" shooting. It only happens when I really dig my grip in and lock it down tight. At speed or in normal training it's never happened.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-17-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My experience, including using my P30SK LEM in a two day Givens class:

From left to right:

15 round with X Grip: Aesthetics aside, this worked well. Reloads pinched my hands. Especially if fast.

13 round USPc with X Grip. Fits well and mine locked up firmly. Reloads were slightly less of a pain.

HK Parts +0. Very slick / slippery aluminum. I did not
    like it at all.

Regular flat floorplate for comparison.

HK announced a 13 rounder, made for the SK, but I’m not sure they have been released:

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I use the HKparts.net +1 and +2 extensions with both my VP9SK and my P30SK.
    In the +1's I use the factory 10 round springs.
    In the +2's I use P2000 13 round springs.
    They've been 100% reliable and I have no problem using the +2 as my carry mag.
    During installation just make sure the spring doesn't curl over and bind up, I also use a dab of clear nail polish on the set screws to keep them from vibrating loose.
    With the P30SK I do occasionally get palm/finger pinch from the extensions when I'm doing slow, deliberate precision "bullseye" shooting. It only happens when I really dig my grip in and lock it down tight. At speed or in normal training it's never happened.
    Thank you so much for sharing your experiences JodyH and Rich_Jenkins! It's very much appreciated. JodyH, with the P2000 13 round spring and the +2 HK Parts extension, do you use the P2000 follower or install the P30sk mag follower on that spring? Thanks again guys!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences JodyH and Rich_Jenkins! It's very much appreciated. JodyH, with the P2000 13 round spring and the +2 HK Parts extension, do you use the P2000 follower or install the P30sk mag follower on that spring? Thanks again guys!
    All the 9mm followers are the same in the P-series no matter the capacity.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    FWIW, I haven't experienced any concealability improvement with the wing claw either. Doesn't hurt, but doesn't help me either. YMMV, and all that.
    I'm like you but... I love the holster so I remove the wing and use the wide spaced pull the dots. I order one or two sets of pull the dots per order. I need to ask where can I find the original wedges he supplied as they are more dense and work far better than the newer open foam wedges.

Now back to the P30. I love the pistol. I sold one to my sister and she's done nothing with it for four years. I'd like to get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    All the 9mm followers are the same in the P-series no matter the capacity.
    Good to know, thanks. That'll make the swap easy. I'll order a couple P2000 mags, use the spring from one with a +2 HK Parts extension and the other I'll try the Xgrip with like Rich had good luck with. When HK releases those 13 round SK mags (I'm assuming those are the p2000 mags with a new extension/baseplate) I'll try one of those too. For the HKParts extensions, is HKPARTS the only place to order them or are there other retailers of them as well? I know HKPARTS isn't the most optimal pricing but I suspect since this is their own product there probably aren't other options. Just thought I'd ask just in case

Site Supporter
    Good to know, thanks. That'll make the swap easy. I'll order a couple P2000 mags, use the spring from one with a +2 HK Parts extension and the other I'll try the Xgrip with like Rich had good luck with. When HK releases those 13 round SK mags (I'm assuming those are the p2000 mags with a new extension/baseplate) I'll try one of those too. For the HKParts extensions, is HKPARTS the only place to order them or are there other retailers of them as well? I know HKPARTS isn't the most optimal pricing but I suspect since this is their own product there probably aren't other options. Just thought I'd ask just in case
    Try calling HK-USA for parts. The staff is friendly and more than helpful! HK doesn’t really hate you.......that’s just a myth

706-568-1906

User Tag List