Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Vending Machine Operator
    Even though I selected the P30 over the USP and P2000, I'd like to see all three stay in production for the simple reason that any time we can keep an extremely well vetted pistol available it's a great thing. Plus, with all the tooling done ages ago, I can't imagine it would cost HK more to keep the line open than they're selling.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I wish I could find a P30 LEM to try out!
    I'll bring my P30SK with Lazy Wolf work done with me.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Even though I selected the P30 over the USP and P2000, I'd like to see all three stay in production for the simple reason that any time we can keep an extremely well vetted pistol available it's a great thing. Plus, with all the tooling done ages ago, I can't imagine it would cost HK more to keep the line open than they're selling.
    Tooling wears out eventually. See: HK P7 series

That said, if there was one HK hammer gun that I had to choose to go away, it'd probably be the P2000. The P30 fits my hand amazingly well. The USP/USPC is insanely well-vetted and still has excellent holster support even if light support leaves something to be desired, to say the least. The P2000, while well-vetted, sort of sits in no man's land by comparison.

I'm personally still considering a USPC V7 to back up my twin P30Ls, especially now that I've discovered P30 mags will fit well naturally and even better with a tiny grip sleeve at the base of the mag body. If I can get USP resets with P30 Light LEM pull weights in a G19-sized package, I'll be extremely happy.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Tooling wears out eventually. See: HK P7 series

That said, if there was one HK hammer gun that I had to choose to go away, it'd probably be the P2000. The P30 fits my hand amazingly well. The USP/USPC is insanely well-vetted and still has excellent holster support even if light support leaves something to be desired, to say the least. The P2000, while well-vetted, sort of sits in no man's land by comparison.

I'm personally still considering a USPC V7 to back up my twin P30Ls, especially now that I've discovered P30 mags will fit well naturally and even better with a tiny grip sleeve at the base of the mag body. If I can get USP resets with P30 Light LEM pull weights in a G19-sized package, I'll be extremely happy.
    I don't disagree that of the 3, the P2000 would be the obvious kill-off.

What I would LIKE to see is a P2000 that modernizes and slims down a little so we can keep having a G19-sized HK. But at the end of the day, if the P30 and VP9 stick around I think HK will be great.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I had heard that HK's are convertible (DA to LEM > LEM to DA) but I was told by HK CS this morning that the P30sk is not convertible. I had asked about the 4.1 kit, and she said that they could install it, that they have two Armorers....TWO! So, the HK 'custom shop' although they don't call it that, has only two? They either don't get many guns back for repairs, or there is a tremendous backlog...? They don't offer a listing of armorers that have been to the official course, which is odd, and said:

Danny,

The only HK certified armorers are at our Columbus Ga Facility.

Thank you

HK Customer Service Team
    5675 Transport Blvd.
    Columbus, GA 31907
    Tel: (706) 568-1906 ext 6551
    Fax: (706) 568-9151
    Hours: M-F 8:30 - 4:30 EST
    www.hk-usa.com
    --------------------------------------

Seems odd that they imply that those who have done the course, but don't work for HK, are not 'HK Certified'...I thought that was the whole point of paying $400-600 to attend these things, is that you're able to work on their product, and not void the gun owners warranty? I was trying to see if there was an HK armorer in my area, just in case I needed one in the future, or had questions.
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 09-14-2018 at 09:45 AM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I found the P30 to be easier to conceal than the G17 in comparable (wing-type) holsters. Obviously body-specific, but the more rounded profile of the P30 matters.
    Specifically for me the striker hump of the Glock series is much harder to conceal than hammer fired guns. I can conceal the G17 ok but the P30 is easy peasy. I don't find the G19 any easier to conceal than the G17.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig66 View Post
    I had heard that HK's are convertible (DA to LEM > LEM to DA) but I was told by HK CS this morning that the P30sk is not convertible. I had asked about the 4.1 kit, and she said that they could install it, that they have two Armorers....TWO! So, the HK 'custom shop' although they don't call it that, has only two? They either don't get many guns back for repairs, or there is a tremendous backlog...? They don't offer a listing of armorers that have been to the official course, which is odd, and said:

Danny,

The only HK certified armorers are at our Columbus Ga Facility.

Thank you

HK Customer Service Team
    5675 Transport Blvd.
    Columbus, GA 31907
    Tel: (706) 568-1906 ext 6551
    Fax: (706) 568-9151
    Hours: M-F 8:30 - 4:30 EST
    www.hk-usa.com
    --------------------------------------

Seems odd that they imply that those who have done the course, but don't work for HK, are not 'HK Certified'...I thought that was the whole point of paying $400-600 to attend these things, is that you're able to work on their product, and not void the gun owners warranty? I was trying to see if there was an HK armorer in my area, just in case I needed one in the future, or had questions.
    Pretty sure that rep was full of shit. Hell, ToddG became the first certified P30 armorer in the US IIRC, he didn’t work for them.

The conversion seems easy enough, though I can understand wanting a certified armored to do it for warranty reasons.

Grayguns I would imagine is certified, you’d have to supply the conversion kit though as they don’t have any on-hand.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I’d recommend James Williamson for HK Service without hesitation.

http://www.teufelshundtactical.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Pretty sure that rep was full of shit. Hell, ToddG became the first certified P30 armorer in the US IIRC, he didn’t work for them.

The conversion seems easy enough, though I can understand wanting a certified armored to do it for warranty reasons.

Grayguns I would imagine is certified, you’d have to supply the conversion kit though as they don’t have any on-hand.
    Erm I seem to recall being told my P30SK LEM specifically could not be converted to DA/SA. Might have been on HK Pro. But it’s been a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The USP/HK45 series is completely modular and can be converted from LEM to DA/SA and vice versa. The P series guns are not modular like that because the decockers are located on the back of the frame. It is possible to convert a DA/SA P series gun to LEM, you'll just have an empty space in the back where the decocker used to be. It is also not factory sanctioned by HK. I don't know if doing so will void your warranty or not. You can't convert an LEM P series gun to DA/SA because it lacks the cutout for the decocker.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List