Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    You guys who can work on an HK must have card shark dexterity. About the HK P30 sub compact. I love mine but bought it knowing that its bulk distracts a tad. My intention was finding a pistol that my wife would be comfortable with. More and more I leave home without a real gun and find myself carrying a J frame LCP.
    How so, Willie? The first few times can be a little sporty, but after that it’s a bit of a yawn - so long as you have the pliers and a pin punch set.

I actually find the physical size to be close enough to a G26 to not be worth worry.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Are the newly manufactured P30SKs still shooting high? The one that with the factory Meprolight tritiums impacted 6" high @25yds and the sight options were slim. This was in 2015 though.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I also like the Hk lem. They are very slow sellers at my lgs for some reason. My opinion base on my experiences with pistols is that lem pistols certainly are not fool proof but do offer less risk of nd. Hence, I'm much more comfortable sticking a HK lem in my pants than a Glock.
    I've observed numerous people pick one up, verify clear, work the trigger twice and complain about the second pull.... When you explain, how it would cycle, thereby cocking the gun, just like their first pull, the eyes glass over.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Are the newly manufactured P30SKs still shooting high? The one that with the factory Meprolight tritiums impacted 6" high @25yds and the sight options were slim. This was in 2015 though.
    Worst case, there's always Dawson Precision. They offer a significant number of heights in plain black, fiber, or tritium. If one doesn't work, they can also make you a one-off at the right calculated height to get you zeroed where you want.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I haven't noticed that but will pay more attention the next time I shoot it. I really haven't shot it that much.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

There are for sure more options. My factory sighted hks have shot point of aim

Mine is luminous dot equipped (I haven’t gotten around to replacing them) and it shoots POA for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    Can anyone tell me why is the recoil so stout with my P30L? I'm talking 4" PPQ levels here. Maybe I've been spoiled on the polymer side by Glocks and M&Ps but yeesh, it catches me off guard whenever I swap platforms at the range.

I have never heard anyone call the p30 recoil stout. I found it to be one of the softest shooting polymer guns.

My P30L with OEM Meprolights shoots POA/POI with a center hold on target; it's impressively accurate. My former VP40 with the same sights shot the same as well.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I've observed numerous people pick one up, verify clear, work the trigger twice and complain about the second pull.... When you explain, how it would cycle, thereby cocking the gun, just like their first pull, the eyes glass over.
    I think this is exactly it. A casual browser likely won't even know what LEM is or how it works, whereas folks like us that do (and those of us that like it) are either out actively looking for an LEM platform or having one sent to our FFL. And even after shooting it for a while I sometimes have trouble explaining the system to someone else.

User Tag List