Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Very cool news! Shortened reset would have been even better, but this is nice too.

So I have a question:
    How does that affect it being a good People Management Trigger?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    So I have a question:
    How does that affect it being a good People Management Trigger?
    I’m no SME but IMO it doesn’t really affect it much. My P30 which started out as a V2 and was converted to a 4.1 still has a good bit of trigger travel. Still a very deliberate trigger pull required.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Only real advantage I see would be for people with small hands. Would make the reach for the trigger significantly shorter.

Grayguns is really the only viable option I know of. If you bought one recently and only paid around $600 for it you could send it in and still just be around the thousand-dollar selling point that they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by twpayne75 View Post
    Grayguns is really the only viable option I know of. If you bought one recently and only paid around $600 for it you could send it in and still just be around the thousand-dollar selling point that they used to be.
    Or Robert Burke
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Or Robert Burke
    Who is that? What's their work like? What's the cost?

GrayGuns, Lazy Wolf (Rick Holme) or The Sig Armorer (Robert Burke) are the solid options for HK work.

I've handled Rick and Roberts work. I don't think I have handled a GrayGuns HK that was done post Rick leaving to do his own thing.

All are good. Burke is a bit newer to doing HK work and the other outfits can likely push the envelope a bit harder, but unless you absolutely have to compete with a LEM gun or a TDA P30, I just don't think it's worth. A spring change and NP3 or similar on the internals is a world of difference from stock on a TDA P30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by twpayne75 View Post
    Only real advantage I see would be for people with small hands. Would make the reach for the trigger significantly shorter.
    Or for people who shoot to full trigger return, versus trigger reset. I converted my P2000 from V2 to V4.1. Made a big difference for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Or Robert Burke
    I’ve had Robert do his action job, reset reduction and 4.1 to a P30 and a P2000sk.
    While the triggers were good before, they are much better now. The 4.1 reduced the take up by a third and the reset reduction reduced the reset by about a third also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List